Motorbike Helmet Camera. Where to buy in Chiang Mai?

Beetlejuice

Not trying to be smart but perhaps full body armor would be a better investment.biggrin.png

So what`s your point in coming on to the this thread and trolling the topic?

If this is how the thread is going to progress, creeps with the sole aim of turning this into a farce and off the subject that usually sets off all the other idiots jumping on the bandwagon, than please could the mods close this down if the thread continues on along this path.

Hey 'Beetlejuice' you never made a comment on a topic that wasn't constructive....right?

You start a topic and all have to follow your program......... Chill, the guy didn't slag you off did he?... Life goes on mate...... Or not if you can't ride a bike.....

Edited by Tonto21

Not trying to be smart but perhaps full body armor would be a better investment.biggrin.png

So what`s your point in coming on to the this thread and trolling the topic?

If this is how the thread is going to progress, creeps with the sole aim of turning this into a farce and off the subject that usually sets off all the other idiots jumping on the bandwagon, than please could the mods close this down if the thread continues on along this path.

Hey 'Beetlejuice' you never made a comment on a topic that wasn't constructive....right?

You start a topic and all have to follow your program......... Chill, the guy didn't slag you off did he?... Life goes on mate...... Or not if you can't ride a bike.....

I waited to see the new GoPro 4 before buying a replacement for my GoPro 2, and, while it's a fantastic little unit (and the waterproof case is no longer required), I just ordered the Sena 10C, which is helmet-specific (the GoPro will work well with a helmet but is also meant for other applications, and isn't as motorcycle-oriented) as it's a better choice for my intended use (helmet-mount only). I'd say the GoPro has the edge in video quality, but the Sena also gives a full Bluetooth communication set-up (that will work with other brands), and has other cool features (like an optional handlebar-mounted remote control) and I think for a rider it's the best current cam (though you can't go wrong with the GoPro either, and it does allow a larger range of mounting options and applications).

Mine is coming from the States, but it's also available from Panda Rider (http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_NewArrival.htm) in BKK (they do mail order and are very reliable). It's not cheap, but it's a great option.

150519_Sena10C_08.jpg

Edited by flare

Thanks for the help. I already own the GoPro 4, just trying to fix my scratched case lens. I'd like to avoid buying a $50 new case and find the lens repair kit ($20) instead, but don't think I will. Also, I'm not sure I trust the off-brands as I do take my camera diving. I'll check out Pantip again today.

I waited to see the new GoPro 4 before buying a replacement for my GoPro 2, and, while it's a fantastic little unit (and the waterproof case is no longer required), I just ordered the Sena 10C, which is helmet-specific (the GoPro will work well with a helmet but is also meant for other applications, and isn't as motorcycle-oriented) as it's a better choice for my intended use (helmet-mount only). I'd say the GoPro has the edge in video quality, but the Sena also gives a full Bluetooth communication set-up (that will work with other brands), and has other cool features (like an optional handlebar-mounted remote control) and I think for a rider it's the best current cam (though you can't go wrong with the GoPro either, and it does allow a larger range of mounting options and applications).

Mine is coming from the States, but it's also available from Panda Rider (http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_NewArrival.htm) in BKK (they do mail order and are very reliable). It's not cheap, but it's a great option.

150519_Sena10C_08.jpg

Can the Senna mount in other positions on the helmet, or only on the left side? I put three different GoPro mounts on my helmet, as I often have a communicator mounted on the bottom left. I wear a Shoei 'Neotec,' and because of its flip-up design, placements get a bit tricky. The remote for the GoPro has short-lived batteries, so I wound up having to buy a second remote just to get through a full day of riding. Is the Senna remote longer lived?

I don't have it yet, but I would guess it can only be mounted on the left side, just like the other Sena communicator control units (which is what this basically is- a nice camera added to their SMH-10 unit, which I've been using for a couple of years with zero complaints or issues)- if I needed other mounting points, I'd likely be going with the new GoPro, but this will be basically permanently mounted to my current Shoei GT-Air (I have no experience with modular helmets but I could see it possibly being an issue, but there have to be some reviews out there regarding using the 10C with one- the Sena company is probably on-the-ball enough to have thought of that).

The reviews I've read have mostly been positive regarding battery life (and it can be charged on-the-go if you've got a USB port on your bike)- the WebBikeWorld review (linked below) says about two hours of video if used in conjunction with the headset (and a further 2 hours of communication after the camera is shut off), so likely 2.5 hours with just the camera running- that was also with a pre-production version. No word on the remote unit itself.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/sena-10c/initial-review.htm

Thanks for the help. I already own the GoPro 4, just trying to fix my scratched case lens. I'd like to avoid buying a $50 new case and find the lens repair kit ($20) instead, but don't think I will. Also, I'm not sure I trust the off-brands as I do take my camera diving. I'll check out Pantip again today.

I think flare is talking about the new GoPro Hero 4 Session. It is quite a bit smaller than the Gopro 4 hero, and does not come in a case.

Does not have all the bells and whistles of the hero. You can see it here: http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/

I did read a review that it doesn't create so much wind resistance as the normal Hero 4 when mounted on a helmet. Understandable really, given it's lower profile.

Here's the review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNKOkQ_s2PA

Edited by phetphet

^

Yeah, I was referring to the Session, which GoPro is aiming toward helmet use- a little weight-savings and less surface area in that area can make a huge difference over the course of a day, and possibly save you a sore neck.;)

Edited by flare