New Tot Ipstar

Gary A

This afternoon they finally finished my installation. I have the 512/256 package for 2,200 a month. While it is NOT DSL it is many times better than the Loxinfo Ipstar. The speed varies up and down like a yo-yo but it keeps working unlike the Loxinfo. I'll see how it hold up after a few days and post the speeds. So far so good. :o

It took three weeks for them to install the package rather than the two weeks promised.

Guest Reimar
This afternoon they finally finished my installation. I have the 512/256 package for 2,200 a month. While it is NOT DSL it is many times better than the Loxinfo Ipstar. The speed varies up and down like a yo-yo but it keeps working unlike the Loxinfo. I'll see how it hold up after a few days and post the speeds. So far so good. :o

It took three weeks for them to install the package rather than the two weeks promised.

Hi GaryA,

It's TOT or?

Funny things for me, after office hour, say: after 17.00 h no more reboots, speed ok, data ok!

Within office hour say: 8.00 - 17.00 h: rebooting every few minutes, speed totally down, data corrupt!

What the he.. is that? Crashing of data while traffic?

And as normal: Nobody at CS-LOXINFO pick up a telephone!

They will see me this week in their office!! the engineer yesterday masy a good one but to day not to reach!!

I hope for you your IP-S goes true!@

I have been checking the speed and it appears to have settled down to about this;

Your current bandwidth reading is:

491.70kbps

which means you can download at 61.46 KB/sec. from our servers.

I updated two of my programs, both about a little over 10 MB and both work. I was used to corrupted files. The download speed both times was a little over 60 KB/sec.

I'll be quite happy if this is how it stays.

I have been checking the speed and it appears to have settled down to about this;

491.70kbps

I updated two of my programs, both about a little over 10 MB and both work. I was used to corrupted files. The download speed both times was a little over 60 KB/sec.

You better be :-) I have the kee-nee-aow (cheapest charlie) "deal" 256/128 for 1,500/month, and after only 2 weeks it is actually working (see other thread if you want), I consider myself a lucky man though. Reimar is still fighting the alledged "system".

Reimar, I sure hope things will keep going this way for me, if it does, TOT is not too bad (2 weeks of hassle instead of your 3 months!) I also hope it will work out for you and your company! I'm just a Isaan farmer LOL

I am enjoying this "awakening" just for 1 day, hope it will be consistent for a long time! Yet I might be p***** off again tomorrow. So far, so good!

Will stay in touch!

Everything is still working just fine. If Ipstar works for TOT the question is why Loxinfo has such BAD service and how they can blame the problems on the satellite. This morning it is better than it was yesterday afternoon.

Loxinfo still has not picked up their dish and modem. :o

491.70kbps

You better be :-) I have the kee-nee-aow (cheapest charlie) "deal" 256/128 for 1,500/month, and after only 2 weeks it is actually working (see other thread if you want), I consider myself a lucky man though. Reimar is still fighting the alledged "system".

Reimar, I sure hope things will keep going this way for me, if it does, TOT is not too bad (2 weeks of hassle instead of your 3 months!) I also hope it will work out for you and your company! I'm just a Isaan farmer LOL

I am enjoying this "awakening" just for 1 day, hope it will be consistent for a long time! Yet I might be p***** off again tomorrow. So far, so good!

Will stay in touch!

For me they told I must take the 512 package, because farangs always take the 512 package :o

I told I want the 256/128 package and they called me kee-nee-aow...... :D

491.70kbps

Will stay in touch!

For me they told I must take the 512 package, because farangs always take the 512 package :o

I AM kee-nee-aow (any other spelling suggestions :-), but I also stopped listening to what "they in the office" say, I just tell them (politely and convincing) what I want. Also I went to TOT to sort out what I want (cheapest! as it is still way too expensive!), and have my wife fill out all the forms, I want nothing to do with that.

Remember, we're in Mailand (not Milano of course). 99% of any questions anywhere anytime are answered (even without the question being understood or before finishing the question):

Mai Dai, Mai Mee, Mai Ruu, Mai Ao, Mai Saab ...

e.g. when I wanted to open a bank account, they asked me if I had a work-permit.

"Mai Mee", I said (I am learning, I am getting more and more Thai, yet I really don't have a WP!)

"Mai Dai", they said.

"DAI!" I said ...

I had a Thai bank account 15 mins. later, internet banking, the whole lot

491.70kbps

Will stay in touch!

I AM kee-nee-aow (any other spelling suggestions :-), but I also stopped listening to what "they in the office" say, I just tell them (politely and convincing) what I want. Also I went to TOT to sort out what I want (cheapest! as it is still way too expensive!), and have my wife fill out all the forms, I want nothing to do with that.

Remember, we're in Mailand (not Milano of course). 99% of any questions anywhere anytime are answered (even without the question being understood or before finishing the question):

Mai Dai, Mai Mee, Mai Ruu, Mai Ao, Mai Saab ...

e.g. when I wanted to open a bank account, they asked me if I had a work-permit.

"Mai Mee", I said (I am learning, I am getting more and more Thai, yet I really don't have a WP!)

"Mai Dai", they said.

"DAI!" I said ...

I had a Thai bank account 15 mins. later, internet banking, the whole lot

I do myself, get better results:

three possible things happening

a) english: get connected to the manager as he is the only one who speeks english and he knows things better.

:D staff speaks limited english and can not speak something stupid, while with my wife they asking stupid things, as well they have the idea that farangs know things better and with their limited english they can´t find out that it is not true

c) english, unusual case, better say mai mee and try to get that farang out of the office, phone line as soon as possible

We were paying 2,500 a month for the VERY crappy Loxinfo. My wife actually wanted the 1,500 baht package because she would have an extra 1,000 baht in her household budget (her bank account). I told her that she would still have an extra 300 baht and that was good enough for her. Getting the 1024/512 would have had her asking me for an extra 100 baht to cover the increase. :o Seeing how the 512/256 service is so far, I would have been happy with the 256/128. ANYTHING that works would have been better than Loxinfo service. GPRS was better and that's not saying much.

BUT!!! Not is all perfect. I just had the second from the top blue light on the modem go out. I was down for 20 minutes or so. My Ethernet icon showed no signal.

We were paying 2,500 a month for the VERY crappy Loxinfo. My wife actually wanted the 1,500 baht package because she would have an extra 1,000 baht in her household budget (her bank account). I told her that she would still have an extra 300 baht and that was good enough for her. Getting the 1024/512 would have had her asking me for an extra 100 baht to cover the increase. :o Seeing how the 512/256 service is so far, I would have been happy with the 256/128. ANYTHING that works would have been better than Loxinfo service. GPRS was better and that's not saying much.

BUT!!! Not is all perfect. I just had the second from the top blue light on the modem go out. I was down for 20 minutes or so. My Ethernet icon showed no signal.

Oh well, during my 3+ weeks without a proper connection, or money, and me unable to do some fairly decent busines online, it was me asking my wife for "household money", well, cigarettes money actually :-) She bought the smokes for me without complaining, great isn't it!

Guest Reimar

Oh well, during my 3+ weeks without a proper connection, or money, and me unable to do some fairly decent busines online, it was me asking my wife for "household money", well, cigarettes money actually :-) She bought the smokes for me without complaining, great isn't it!

Hej you all happy peoples!!

Just came back to my new office and what I must see??: Today the shit things was working, all downloads finish without rebooting of the box today!!

What is going on? May be a effect from my mail last night?? They opened the mail 15 minutes after I've sent! And that was midnight!

Now I'll check all downloaded files for CRC errors! Maythey work??

GaryA, nothing is perfect because the humans/aliens/people who do/invent/design/pruduce are all imperfect> And for myself I must tell: I LIKE TO BE SO, I mean imperfect!

And what is the inerest things for example in the daily new and so on? The bad one and not the good one!

It's been very good so far. I keep wondering when it will go bad. I just checked the speed;

672.80kbps

which means you can download at 84.1 KB/sec. from our servers.

It actually doesn't seem that fast but it is at least twice as fast as Loxinfo was when it was working good. My downloads average a little over 60 KB/sec. I never got over 30 KB/sec from Loxinfo at its best.

ADDED - I would expect Loxinfo Ipstar to get a lot better since they don't have many customers left to take care of. :o

Come on Garry, keep us updated on the service from TOT & IPSTAR. I for one have given LOXINFO notice to remove thier sh1t system from our place and have ordered TOT. I just hope the change is going to be worth the bother.

CF

Edited by Gary A

I live out in the boonies and CAN'T get a telephone line. I had Ipstar Loxinfo for about 17 months. It went from bad to worse to almost unusable. I canceled that crap service and got TOT Ipstar. It's hard to believe that one is so bad and the other is so much better and cheaper when they both use the same dish, modem and satellite. If my downloads are limited, no one told me, and yes, it sends through the dish up and down.

So, gary, does this mean you are sending through your phone line and receiving through the satellite or no phone line is involved at all?

Are your downloads limited?

Guest Reimar
It's been very good so far. I keep wondering when it will go bad. I just checked the speed;

672.80kbps

which means you can download at 84.1 KB/sec. from our servers.

It actually doesn't seem that fast but it is at least twice as fast as Loxinfo was when it was working good. My downloads average a little over 60 KB/sec. I never got over 30 KB/sec from Loxinfo at its best.

ADDED - I would expect Loxinfo Ipstar to get a lot better since they don't have many customers left to take care of. :o

But than may the Service of TOT will go down if (?) the user move from CS-LOXINFO to TOT!! :D

Come on Garry, keep us updated on the service from TOT & IPSTAR. I for one have given LOXINFO notice to remove thier sh1t system from our place and have ordered TOT. I just hope the change is going to be worth the bother.

CF

Gary, what than??

Hi

I've been reading these postings re Ipstar as am sick of travelling to the unreliable distant internet. Same as many, cannot get a landline and so 2 way satellite internet may be the best option for me.

I looked on the TOT website, but cannot seem to find any details on costs (monthly and set-up). Just a description of the benefits of Ipstar. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Do you just telephone TOT to arrange installation?

What is the set-up cost?

Are you tied to 12 months contract?

I'm 50 kms from Phrae, so is there a local TOT office?

Does the rainy season cause major problems? It does occasionally with UBC.

I think that I would be quite happy with 256 download speed, but I assume that an upgrade is not too much of a problem.

Thanks for any help

I googled TOT Ipstar and a page came up with a list of all the offices in Thailand. Since the nearest one was about 30 kilometers from me I just drove up there.

Hi

I've been reading these postings re Ipstar as am sick of travelling to the unreliable distant internet. Same as many, cannot get a landline and so 2 way satellite internet may be the best option for me.

I looked on the TOT website, but cannot seem to find any details on costs (monthly and set-up). Just a description of the benefits of Ipstar. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What is the set-up cost?

I think that I would be quite happy with 256 download speed, but I assume that an upgrade is not too much of a problem.

Thanks for any help

Hi

What is the set-up cost?

Thanks for any help

Re. IPStar:

Visit TOT is the easiest, they need a copy of the housepapers (if I remember well, I always carry copies of that with me, as you need it for almost everyything!)

Setup about a month ago was 2,000 THB excl. 7% vat (so 2,140 THB total), that was an offer, usually setup is 3,500. I think the offer runs till end of this year though.

Yes, they want you to sign up for at least 12 months

I pay 1,500 THB/Month for 256/128, works fine for me, even gives me a pretty good skype and msn connection (voice and cam).

Heavy thunderstorms do cause a problem, yet this is (obviously) only in the rainy season, and maybe 30 mins a day. No connection.

Upgrade is no problem, you end up spending more, without really getting more though :-)

Edited by cnxpat

I think that everyone should go to TOT and then I will get even better speeds and better service than I am already experiencing.

For now I will stay with CSLoxinfo. Seems that when everyone goes into one side of the sewsaw the other side goes up and will not come down.

ipstar.gif

Think about it! And I have images like this dating back to the last month or so, every day three times. Seldom under 800kbps down.

After all nothing wrong with 983.2 kbps. When I call I get quick and polite service and no longer have to wait ages for a telephone response from the service center, cause there are less customers now. Plus think about the fact now that they see the clientele leaving and they are certianly trying harder. Keep leaving and going to TOT, go on, make my day.