Ban Ping Doi near Mae Rim in Don Kaeo

anselpixel

A heads up about some rental properties in this area. I just finished a year's lease there on good terms, but it was not a good experience. Water supply to the Moo Baan is very sketchy, and there is no reliable trash pickup. Electrical service was fair. The neighborhood is heavily middle class Thai of the xenophobic type, so I acquired no good neighbors in a year: I might have expected as much after discovering I was the only foreigner (with Thai wife) in the place. Making matters even worse, no one keeps their dogs inside, and it's impossible to take even a short walk without a large stick and a pocket full of stones.

I was influenced by the proximity of an Olympic pool at a nearby resort, but even that turned out to be very hit or miss as to opening times and availability.

Local restaurants are non-existent: when I moved in there were two inside the Moo Baan, but both closed in short order.

Everybody has their own experiences in life, and yours could be different, but I strongly discourage moving into Ban Ping Doi.

Sometimes a two bedroom house with living room, dining room, and Thai kitchen is no deal even at 6000 baht.