NOTEBOOK QUERTY OR AZERTY KEYBOARD..? WHERE ?

david555

Where to buy a Querty or azerty notebook , not at tuckom as they look me as I am an alien (those Thais shall suffer as asean really starts...) only Thai keyboard or combined ones ....oh... yes some can change board for 2000 baht , but then guarantee is void sad.png , even when the vendor does the changing blink.png (I surprise Thai have guarantee .anyway...biggrin.png ) I am Pattaya based .

My 7 year old MSI wind start giving problem (hd second one already have bad sectors , and with sometimes freezing strange scratching noice in combination screen flat colors or striping ....afterfew start ups works fine for some time (I presume passed the bad sectors on Hd thumbsup.gif )

Thanks for reading wai2.gif

Edited by david555

Even a combined English/Thai keyboard is either Qwerty or Azerty , and the Thai characters are much smaller than the English ones, so what's the problem?

My keyboard is English/Thai mixed, and I'm never disrupted by the Thai characters.

I know , but it is confusing me and disturbing , I know this is Thailand ...but my notebook is for me and I do not like those strange signs on it ....and only go Europe end of year on a visit .

Good for you , would like to be same , but it really disturb me

Thx for reaction

• Like 1

Try Powerbuy. They have a good selection, so pick one of those and then ask them if you can order it with an English language keyboard (they might not understand "querty"): http://www.powerbuy.co.th/en/computers-printers-fax-tel/laptops.html

There's a "Contact Us" link at the foot of the page which takes you to an online form.

Yes I have being there this afternoon , they have one with Clear lovely Azerty keybord , even for 8990 baht (priced of ) but .....16 gb HD ..? (must be a flash memory disk think , 16 gb nothing can be put ont as I have Win 7 ,mine original was 100 gb (7 year old WIND msi ) later replaced to a 250 gb disk in it at 2009, an now need another disk , is working as I am typing now , but is really in intensive care status nowsad.png ( extended some thiny red and black wires between screen and motherboard ...) .....really strong thing survived from 2007 until knowsmile.png

Some long time ago there was a board member who had a PC shop started , but not knowing where or still active

THX

Your guarantee will not be void if you replace your keyboard. That is bull. It is void if you would try to plug in an Acer Keyboard in a Lenovo or the like. If you replace your Thai keyboard with a European or American style keyboard (for around 10 - 20 Euro you can have one home within 2 weeks via Ebay), nothing can happen.

Just make sure you buy the right keyboard for your brand of laptop. The asked 2000 baht is a bit overpriced... probably too much trouble to do.

Concerning your laptop's behaviour... it looks to me that your graphical card is starting to give you problems... a harddrive can't do that. The noise might be from your harddrive, not the striping and flat colours.

Anyway... to have a laptop for 7 years, here in Thailand! Congratulations!

Edited by Thaijack2014

Your guarantee will not be void if you replace your keyboard. That is bull. It is void if you would try to plug in an Acer Keyboard in a Lenovo or the like. If you replace your Thai keyboard with a European or American style keyboard (for around 10 - 20 Euro you can have one home within 2 weeks via Ebay), nothing can happen.

Just make sure you buy the right keyboard for your brand of laptop. The asked 2000 baht is a bit overpriced... probably too much trouble to do.

Concerning your laptop's behaviour... it looks to me that your graphical card is starting to give you problems... a harddrive can't do that. The noise might be from your harddrive, not the striping and flat colours.

Anyway... to have a laptop for 7 years, here in Thailand! Congratulations!

Really very satisfied with this 10 inch Notebook type = MSI Wind (399 € that time ), even now working fine if I keep non moving (6 clusters damaged .....disk report...) upgraded 3 years past to 2gb memory and is Second HD and second battery 3 cells replaced by 6 cells, but keeps running.., would buy blindfolded same type if was in eu home country (only after September a visit again !)

PS ; guarantee void said by vendor at Tuckom.....

If not find a western type , I replace the disk once more , on condition I can proper secure fix the extended repaired red en black wires in the corner hinge near screen

THX for reply

smile.png

My keyboard is English/Thai mixed, and I'm never disrupted by the Thai characters.

Same here, or at least until my wife has been on it.

you have my sympathy

I can only find peace with Thai signs like on Numberplates .....as .removed all those graffic extra's like in daily Thai writing which is not disturbing as long I do not need to break my head on it to understand , ....but my laptop has already enough western signs and extra combination extensions on it , me not a keyboard warrior ..whistling.gif ....can now type just already with 2 fingersbiggrin.png but can "handle " all available software bypassing their locks tongue.pngsmile.png

I really don't understand the problem. facepalm.gif

All PC and notebook keyboards produce a key press and release code which is independent of the character ASCII code that is displayed. The region and language settings determine which ASCII characters are displayed (Thai, QUERTY, or AZERTY). What is labeled on the key tops can be changed by using inexpensive key-top stickers. So just buy QWERTY only stickers and lay them out in AZERTY layout by replacing the Q and W labels with the A and Z labels. Then choose the AZERTY layout using these instructions. This does not void the warranty in any way! Sounds like the OP is making a mountain out of a mole hill. thumbsup.gif

It also sounds like the OP isn't a touch typist. In which he could use just an on screen keyboard if he gets so confused by extra characters present.

Edited by BB1950

All PC and notebook keyboards produce a key press and release code which is independent of the character ASCII code that is displayed. The region and language settings determine which ASCII characters are displayed (Thai, QUERTY, or AZERTY). What is labeled on the key tops can be changed by using inexpensive key-top stickers. So just buy QWERTY only stickers and lay them out in AZERTY layout by replacing the Q and W labels with the A and Z labels. Then choose the AZERTY layout using these instructions. This does not void the warranty in any way! Sounds like the OP is making a mountain out of a mole hill. thumbsup.gif

It also sounds like the OP isn't a touch typist. In which he could use just an on screen keyboard if he gets so confused by extra characters present.

The difference between a QWERTY and an AZERTY keyboard is more than just the QW and AZ issue, many more keys are differently placed, @?/:; as examples. As both Vietnam and Cambodia have some French history AZERTY keyboards are not uncommon.

DELL used to supply any keyboard upon request with a new laptop or you could use a wireless external AZERTY keyboard which can be easily ordered online

The difference between a QWERTY and an AZERTY keyboard is more than just the QW and AZ issue, many more keys are differently placed, @?/:; as examples. As both Vietnam and Cambodia have some French history AZERTY keyboards are not uncommon.

DELL used to supply any keyboard upon request with a new laptop or you could use a wireless external AZERTY keyboard which can be easily ordered online

Okay, fair enough. Still not a problem. I just did a quick Google search. AZERTY keyboard stickers are readily available online and can be inexpensively shipped to Thailand.

Edited by BB1950