Biltong

tolsti

There used to be a supplier in Bangkok but they closed. All the threads on this subject are archived. So the question is.... is there anyone in Thailand making and selling biltong? There are quite a lot of Southern African people in Thailand so I am sure someone must be making it.

Please note I am not talking about Jerky, although many people say it is the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

first off jerky and biltong are not the same thing, jerky is the poor cousin of Biltong.

I used to know a few guys making Biltong and dried sausage in Thailand I used to get it off, but lost touch with them, I am sure there are guys around making in Thailand.

I typically get mine from guys working in Angola and typically they have to come through Jo'berg airport on their way out so they pick it up for me, so that most likely your best bet, find someone working O&G in Angola

or the alternative is make it yourself, just look it up on the internet, plenty of "how to" websites

• 3 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did you have any luck finding someone who is selling Biltong in Bangkok? Keen to get some too!

No luck so far saffa86....sad.png

• 3 months later...

Still looking for biltong? Biltong being made with old traditional South African recipe and way. If you are interested i can send some samples of chilli bite which is awesome with cold beer. And biltong as a snack. With cheese biscuits snd biltong with cold beer cannot be beaten mail me at *removed* all biltong and droe wors(dried sausage) vacuum packed.
Cheers get hungry in the meantime

Still looking for biltong? Biltong being made with old traditional South African recipe and way. If you are interested i can send some samples of chilli bite which is awesome with cold beer. And biltong as a snack. With cheese biscuits snd biltong with cold beer cannot be beaten mail me at *removed* all biltong and droe wors(dried sausage) vacuum packed.

Are you doing any boerewors ? If you are will take a couple of kg's off you

PM sent

Not sure where you are located Soutie but found this the other day... http://www.spice-grind.com/ and I believe London Pie stocks it as well.

Not sure where you are located Soutie but found this the other day... http://www.spice-grind.com/ and I believe London Pie stocks it as well.

Cheers will check it out

Hi guys, I'm a half Thai/South African local staying in Bangkok. I just launched my first startup business. I want to be Thailands main supplier or Biltong, and in the future other cured meats. Our Biltong is made with fresh authentic South African spices, no preservatives or artificial flavoring.If you're on the hunt for Biltong and want to support locally check out:

https://www.facebook.com/BkkBiltong/messages/

Cheers, Tai.

Hi guys, I'm a half Thai/South African local staying in Bangkok. I just launched my first startup business. I want to be Thailands main supplier or Biltong, and in the future other cured meats. Our Biltong is made with fresh authentic South African spices, no preservatives or artificial flavoring.If you're on the hunt for Biltong and want to support locally check out:

Cheers, Tai.

Cheers, Tai.

Sorry guys, the proper link is https://www.facebook.com/BkkBiltong

or Email me at [email protected]

Pictures of the product

post-241864-0-63139600-1436537379_thumb.

post-241864-0-23118500-1436537278_thumb.

post-241864-0-32101200-1436537256_thumb.

I got a sample pack from Selati in the post today, dry, slightly wet, and chili bites..... so looking forward to tonights cold beer and biltong!

Could congratulate you, but just going to call you bastard,,,,enjoy :D

I got a sample pack from Selati in the post today, dry, slightly wet, and chili bites..... so looking forward to tonights cold beer and biltong!

Could congratulate you, but just going to call you bastard,,,,enjoy :D

Let me know what you think of the "wet" actually prefer that

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to be sent some samples by Selati of Chili bites, sliced wet and dry stick biltong. The chili bites were really good and i also enjoyed the wet. The dry was the best for me however and I shall be ordering more.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived