Why Pattaya ?

Maigo6

How can anyone select Pattaya as the ideal retirement destination?

I was in Pattaya for a few days, the traffic is horrendous, I witnessed very old men with young Thai people................................, it must be the only International Beach resort in the world where the Police wear protective face masks to guard against the pollution in the air, (note we are talking about a beach resort)

Maybe I'm missing something.................................but christ knows what it is!

Any chance it's the Bargirls? :D

If you don't like it you don't go there ! :D

I don't like Somalia, Yemen or Afghanistan but I don't rant about them. :o

Naka.

well having been to all the places you mention i think they are far better than Pattaya!!! :D

Afghanistan better than Pattaya?....methinks you may have a problem old chap :D

Evrerybody has the right to to a opinion, even if they are trying to incite people to voice their concerns in defence. But it seems a bit below the belt, Pattaya Fox, to personally attack someone for doing this. It's pretty weak when you don't reveal yourself. If you have a point to make, to attack or defend the argument then just make it. Otherwise you defeat the whole point of having a forum and you will just discourage people. I think there are good and bad things about Pattaya, but many more good than bad.

I was in Pattaya for a few days, the traffic is horrendous, I witnessed very old men with young Thai people................................, it must be the only International Beach resort in the world where the Police wear protective face masks to guard against the pollution in the air, (note we are talking about a beach resort)

Maybe I'm missing something.................................but christ knows what it is!

Naka.

well having been to all the places you mention i think they are far better than Pattaya!!! :D

not in my opinion, i think Pattaya is a abolute shit hole, cannot stand more than 1/2 hour there - but hey thats my opinion!!!

Evrerybody has the right to to a opinion, even if they are trying to incite people to voice their concerns in defence. But it seems a bit below the belt, Pattaya Fox, to personally attack someone for doing this. It's pretty weak when you don't reveal yourself. If you have a point to make, to attack or defend the argument then just make it. Otherwise you defeat the whole point of having a forum and you will just discourage people. I think there are good and bad things about Pattaya, but many more good than bad.

Thank you Jessy for your words of amazing wisdom....and really if you consider what I said was an attack then I think you had better get out more.....was it the Boyztown bit that got you rattled?

If you don't like it then get the h_ll out of Dodge!

Patts is for hedonists and people with an open mind. When you're having a party, you don't notice your surroundings. I'll be partying there in a couple of weeks along with thousands of other people who know how to have a good time. The OP won't be missed.......

Cheers!

Naka.

not in my opinion, i think Pattaya is a abolute shit hole, cannot stand more than 1/2 hour there - but hey thats my opinion!!!

You can share a cab away with Maigo6 then. :D

Any chance it's the Bargirls? :o

Must be the cheaper bargirls.

Don't know the rate in Patters these days but the last horizontal exercise in Bangers cost me 5500 :D as follows:

drinks in the bar before work-out etc. 1500

short-time room 1000 (ok I was optimistic so I took the room for the whole night :D but was back on the street within 3 hrs)

work-out 2000

tip 1000

Thank you Jessy for your words of amazing wisdom....and really if you consider what I said was an attack then I think you had better get out more.....was it the Boyztown bit that got you rattled?

Jessy, read some of maigo6 previous posts about Pattaya and i think you will understand where Foxxy is coming from. :o

Edited by mrbojangles

Pattaya is like a garish Mc Donalds. It nasty and tacky but it serves a purpose.

The thing that I dislike about Pattaya is the fact that most farangs I have seen there look sick and diseased. Men in grubby bandages with ashen skin. It must be the life style.

Oh and the Thais around the touristy bit are the worst of the worst.

LOS = Land Of Snarls if your in Pattaya.

read some of maigo6 previous posts about Pattaya

How do you view members previous posts? Sorry, newbie here.. :S

Meg

click on the username next to the poster in question

that will bring up their profile ---------------> to the upper right of the profile you will see 'options'

click on that and you get a dropdown menu allowing you to view member posts' and view member topics' etc.

Pattaya is like a garish Mc Donalds. It nasty and tacky but it serves a purpose.

The thing that I dislike about Pattaya is the fact that most farangs I have seen there look sick and diseased. Men in grubby bandages with ashen skin. It must be the life style.

Oh and the Thais around the touristy bit are the worst of the worst.

LOS = Land Of Snarls if your in Pattaya.

Mostly see young lads of all varieties and very healthy. Thai(s) are amazingly happy with smiles. Amazing how one perception can warp when they bash a place. :o

Any chance it's the Bargirls? :o

then, if its as bad as you have seen why bother coming back (which I assume is just Beach road and walking street) thats a bit like assuming the whole of London is the same as Soho and Berwick street or Oxford street, which it isnt

There are some really nice parts further out from Beach Road and walking street

Not everyone who retires to Patters actually uses walking street, thats for the tourists :D , so they can get snaphappy and show their mates the clubs and girls.

You are just one of many who just come in here, slag off Pattya, then bugger off, get a life and go to a few more places, there are plenty that are a lot worse and nastier than Pattya and not in Thailand

My wife and I stumbled into Pattaya 15 years ago after travelling quite a bit around Thailand. In those days we got a nice aircon room with cable TV on Walking Street for 220 Baht a night. We could not get over how good a quality room we got for that. These days you can still get good quality rooms for around 500 baht a night.

Pattaya is not a dump, it is far easier to get around than BKK and far less polluted than BKK and further more much cheaper for great food and accommodation. I do not even bother staying in Bkk anymore and just head to Pattaya or elsewhere. Last but not least, as a world traveller I have never come across a place with so many great bars, Clubs and Go Go's and live music. I get pretty bored in country towns and when I am away I can hardly wait to get back.

In order of why I love it here I must say,

1. It is the best entertainment venue in the world.

2. The best value accommodation in Thailand.

3. The food and restaurants are just so good and cheap too.

The kind of place we both like. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself... Pattaya is a great place for having fun and drinking. I always have a great time there. I always have a laugh with the locals while im out and i have some great thai friends there now, One of them even treats me like his nephew and takes care of me lol. I call him lung Oh hahaha (Uncle Oh). I met him and his wife through my thai fiancee, My mrs told him about me being diabetic etc etc and now whenever we see him and his wife he always keeps a eye on me to make sure im ok hahaha :o

Where is Dumpy Dumpster when we need him????

Good old Dumpy changed his views about Pattaya from 'bad' to 'not so bad at all'.

Maigo6 is still not having his questionable needs fulfilled in paradise....perhaps a loving 4am Beach Road encounter with some deep voiced tall 'girls' might make happier. :o

My wife and I excersize on the beach every morning. You see lots of other people doing the same thing. Then we sit at an outdoor tour company on Pattaya Klang and chat with the people that work in the area.

Ends up to be a very nice morning every day. So for the people that think all Pattaya is about is girls from the bars, your way off base.

Barry