Australia: Notorious former Bandido bikie Brett Pechey hands himself in to police

webfact

OK I have to ask what is a "bikie: Is that a motorcycle on training wheels. All Aussie reporters should be shot for that one it makes him sound so "cute"

My little Peachiy road in a bikie in the city Lcheesy.gif

Honestly you aussies have the strangest language.

This must be where Obama learned to talk it is not a motorcycle gang or 1 percent club it is a bikie.

OK

clap2.gifclap2.gif

As long as I've been riding, which is 40+ years at this point, "bikie" has been synonymous with "biker" outside (and inside to a lesser extent) of the USA, although with lessening prevalence over time. And though the term "bikie" seems to have crossed over (from the original meaning, "bicyclist") first in Australia/New Zealand, it has been by no means exclusive to those locales. Furthermore, if these are your best attempts at disparaging either the Australian continent, or the president of the USA, it would be advisable that you seek out and pursue other hobbies.

I have been around bikers all of my life in the US. My first Harley was a 1976 when Harley was still owned by AMF. I have been to Sturgis at least ten times and camped out with the bikers. I've had a beer with many Hell's Angels members at Sturgis.

Not once in my life in the US have I ever heard the term "bikie" and this thread is the first time.

• Like 2

A bit late reporting this. I saw the article last week, if you have a look at the date it was published on Feb 11. Nothing like being first in news and keeping things up to date hey hahahahahahahaha.

Edited by Phuketboy

How did they identify him at the airport?

Gazzpa,

If the Police put at 'travel alert' on him (which they would have) then as soon as his passport is scanned at the first Australian Check point after arrival then all the bells and whistles would of been activated and both AFP and QLDPS would of been immediately notified and the AFP are at the airport24/7.

It's also possible that they knew he was aboard the incoming flight.

How did they identify him at the airport?

Gazzpa,

If the Police put at 'travel alert' on him (which they would have) then as soon as his passport is scanned at the first Australian Check point after arrival then all the bells and whistles would of been activated and both AFP and QLDPS would of been immediately notified and the AFP are at the airport24/7.

It's also possible that they knew he was aboard the incoming flight.

They know who is travelling on every flight. Even little things like travelling to the same destination frequently will get them watching. Before moving to Thailand, I was coming here every month or 2. When returning home I would often get stopped by security before even getting my luggage and asked if I had anything. They even approached me using my name. I'd continue to customs where they would always search my luggage and ask me a series of questions. It was at this time the immigration officer at customs told me that because I fly to Thailand frequently, my name was flagged on the flight. It's wasn't that I had done anything wrong but just a safety precaution. Best part was that I got to know the officers well.

It was at this time the immigration officer at customs told me that because I fly to Thailand frequently, my name was flagged on the flight. It's wasn't that I had done anything wrong but just a safety precaution.

Hmmm. Now imagine that you were covered in Tattoos and were a member of a motorcycle gang. It would not matter if you had done anything or not would it ?

The world is truly sick, people are too often judged on they way they choose to look.

I keep mentioning that as far as I know this guy has never actually been convicted of anything at all.,, some idiotic half-wit keeps on going on about Bandido members in prison... but so many are ignoring the obvious fact. If he was that much of a criminal why has he never been convicted of anything ??.

I have been accused in this thread of being a "wanna be biker or a goodie goodie civil libertarian type tosser"... Maybe I am both, but this not about me is it.

Edited by technologybytes

Strange he wasn't noticed by the Thai police during his foray in this country. How does one with facial tattoos clearly identifying him slip past Thai immigration on the way in, and out of the country!! Thailand, a veritable haven for criminals.

Properly because he not had make crime in Thailand and Australia meaning that he had do in Australia is not hard enough to make a look after him over Interpol...

All these negative comments, all from people who know nothing about this guy at all..

He is charged with an offence, that's a long way from being convicted of it. He's innocent until found guilty remember.

You don't usually get to be Pres of a motorcycle club without being an exceptional man.

Of course, this man and other biker gangs live by a code of values that is alien to 99% of Thai Visa posters.

Best advice, if you don't know what you are talking about or have nothing constructive to add... just keep quiet.

Looking at the Topic Title above, he was probably arrested for "handing himself" in Public

That's today the going style by a motorbike group president?
With an Armani T-shirt and in short school turn pants?
That's shameless.

Do you think that Armani T-shirt and Rolex looking wristwatch are the real deal? Or Patpong specials?

The Aussie press article does say he launched his own designer clothing label!

Must be Patpong night markt specials, otherwise how he can run out of funds?

A real gold Rolex brings easy $20.000US.

One less foreign criminal in Thailand 99,000 left to go. Guess he was getting tired of living off beer and 7-11 hot dogs. The Thai government does such a wonderful job allowing every foreign criminal in the western world in. This guy walks right in and out without ever getting noticed. Pattaya fish in a barrel for criminals . A bounty hunter could make millions here.

All these negative comments, all from people who know nothing about this guy at all..

He is charged with an offence, that's a long way from being convicted of it. He's innocent until found guilty remember.

You don't usually get to be Pres of a motorcycle club without being an exceptional man.

Of course, this man and other biker gangs live by a code of values that is alien to 99% of Thai Visa posters.

Best advice, if you don't know what you are talking about or have nothing constructive to add... just keep quiet.

Guys like this can be the best fella around when you need him ... careful ... to each his own sins eh?

OK I have to ask what is a "bikie: Is that a motorcycle on training wheels. All Aussie reporters should be shot for that one it makes him sound so "cute"

My little Peachiy road in a bikie in the city Lcheesy.gif

This must be where Obama learned to talk it is not a motorcycle gang or 1 percent club it is a bikie.

OK

clap2.gifclap2.gif

There's no need for Aussies to be overly dramatic. They let Yanks use these phrases out of cartoons like "axis of evil" etc...

My little Peachiy road in a bikie in the city L:cheesy:

OK

clap2.gif:clap2:

As long as I've been riding, which is 40+ years at this point, "bikie" has been synonymous with "biker" outside (and inside to a lesser extent) of the USA, although with lessening prevalence over time. And though the term "bikie" seems to have crossed over (from the original meaning, "bicyclist") first in Australia/New Zealand, it has been by no means exclusive to those locales. Furthermore, if these are your best attempts at disparaging either the Australian continent, or the president of the USA, it would be advisable that you seek out and pursue other hobbies.

I have been around bikers all of my life in the US. My first Harley was a 1976 when Harley was still owned by AMF. I have been to Sturgis at least ten times and camped out with the bikers. I've had a beer with many Hell's Angels members at Sturgis.

Not once in my life in the US have I ever heard the term "bikie" and this thread is the first time.

Me too. It is an Australian term. They add "ie" to pretty much every thing. Brisbane is "Brisie". A BBQ is a "barbie".

• Like 1

My little Peachiy road in a bikie in the city L:cheesy:

OK

clap2.gif:clap2:

Me too. It is an Australian term. They add "ie" to pretty much every thing. Brisbane is "Brisie". A BBQ is a "barbie".

Spot on.

It's an Australian thing. Bikies is the layman term and it relates to OMCG.

Law enforcement talk about organised crime and OMCG. Same thing.

Motorcycle enthusiasts are sometimes called bikers.....not bikies.

A police officer on a police bike is called 'Evel Kneivel' & rightly so.

Lol

Unemployable - would you employ him?

If I had a disco in the red light milieu, perhaps as a bouncer.

I also know of two types with full facial tattoos.

When they reach a certain age they are quite nice.

The CVs are mostly equal.

The rock and roll time between 20 - 35 yo

Then prison time.

After they feed pigeons in the park.

I guess that's what a real Bandido looks like, which incidentally is nothing like the old grandpas I see around Cha Am and Hua Hin who've spunked their pension on a Harley and a leather jacket with some kind of emblem on the back.

That made me laugh. A lot!

That's generally the case with most individuals who seek out and join gangs. They are unable to fend for themselves or stand on their own two feet.

Honestly, I don't think that's true at all.

Many of the people who join motorcycle gangs do so for the brotherhood. In theory a fully patched member of a motorcycle club knows that whatever happens his fellow club members will be there for him, no matter what. And he can trust them with his life. It's not hard to understand the appeal, is it?

The only other place a man can find such a bond is in the military.

Don't flame me for saying that, I'm not talking about outlaw or non outlaw gangs here, just general motorcycle gangs.

If you want to know more, just read "Out in Bad Standings" by Edward Winterhalder. It'll give you an insight into what a motorcycle gang is supposed to be all about.

That's generally the case with most individuals who seek out and join gangs. They are unable to fend for themselves or stand on their own two feet.

Honestly, I don't think that's true at all.

Many of the people who join motorcycle gangs do so for the brotherhood. In theory a fully patched member of a motorcycle club knows that whatever happens his fellow club members will be there for him, no matter what. And he can trust them with his life. It's not hard to understand the appeal, is it?

The only other place a man can find such a bond is in the military.

Don't flame me for saying that, I'm not talking about outlaw or non outlaw gangs here, just general motorcycle gangs.

If you want to know more, just read "Out in Bad Standings" by Edward Winterhalder. It'll give you an insight into what a motorcycle gang is supposed to be all about.

"And he can trust them with his life."

That's a bit pathetic

Isn´t it?

WitawatWatawit post # 110.

A duck is a cricketing term, but in Ozstralia, it's referred to as a duckie - as in, "The Australian cricket team are a bunch of duckies, darling."

No that's incorrect, the way we English are at the moment with our cricket team it should read.

A duck is a cricketing term, but in Ozstralia, it's referred to as a duckie - as in, "The English cricket team are a bunch of duckies, darling."cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

• Like 1