Thai prosecutors press criminal charges against ex-PM Yingluck

webfact

And the WITCH HUNT continues

And if I were her I would of ran a long time ago she has no chance of any fair trial or anything with a government that imposed itself at the point of a gun

Which they did for a very good reason, and it is all coming out now ...

Nope they did it to take over the country the only way they could at the point of a gun because they could not win a fair election pure and simple.

I hope you have a big off shore account and home overseas to go to, if you keep issuing these comments there will be a knock at your door.

Dear General/PM Keep flushing the devise until the water is clear !!

So, Ms. yingluck can look forward to another appointment in 45 days. That would be just before Songkhran I guess.

Looking forward to the masses getting nervous again with an Amply Rich lady being asked to take the responsibility she always claimed as hers.

• Like 2

It's the leaders of illegal coups that need to be arrested, not the winners of landslide elections. The verdict on PM's should be at the polls and not in court on trumped up charges at the behest of a military junta. Thailand = Burma+ electricity, a sad state of affairs.

Deluded.

Mugabe, Hun Set, democratically elected and as honest and amply rich as their friend the owner and master of PTP.

Dear me, trotting out Mugabe, Hun Set, and any other dictator, past or present to make a point against Yingluck or indeed an other Thai political figure(including the present boss man) is an utterly irrelevant arguement, which only serves to make .... well no point at all really!

Similarly someone has passed construction to go ahead on a tunnel leading into Central road that will cost millions. Apart from the fact it will flood, plus the fact central road itself does not have the capacity to take any more traffic the project is pointless and a waste of money. Now i know that putting a huge roundabout there would not only overcome the issues this tunnel is trying to alleviate but it would cost one tenth the amount. Why has this not been considered? Simple, the brown envelopes are not big enough and no one here can drive nor have the brains to give way to traffic coming from the right. This so called rice scam went the same way. It was not the fact it could have worked it was the fact greed on all quarters doomed it to failure.

Subsidies are not criminal or theft. It's what civilized and advanced countries do for the betterment of all citizens, not just the city dwellers

1. The database tracks $256 billion in farm subsidies from commodity, crop insurance, and disaster programs and $39 billion in conservation payments paid between 1995 and 2012. Crop insurance cost to US taxpayers in 2012. Cost of crop insurance over the next ten years.
  • Like 1

Thailand under the rule of the general with all his medals for military heroism frightens me just as much as England under Cromwell.

I am on neither side but it is now clear what the coup was really all about it.

lets fix the rules so we win because we cannot win in a straight fight.

Cromwells result was Civil war. We should learn from history.

I thought the reason for the coup was to bring peace to the streets? This is really going to do that.

Yingluck charged with corruption.Mmm

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

And so it begins.......

And the WITCH HUNT continues

And if I were her I would of ran a long time ago she has no chance of any fair trial or anything with a government that imposed itself at the point of a gun

Which they did for a very good reason, and it is all coming out now ...

Nope they did it to take over the country the only way they could at the point of a gun because they could not win a fair election pure and simple.

I hope you have a big off shore account and home overseas to go to, if you keep issuing these comments there will be a knock at your door.

Dear General/PM Keep flushing the devise until the water is clear !!

syc·o·phant
ˈsikəˌfant,ˈsikəfənt/
noun
plural noun: sycophants
  1. a person who acts obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage.
    synonyms: yes-man, bootlicker, brown-noser, toady, lickspittle, flatterer, flunky, lackey, spaniel, doormat, stooge, cringer, suck, suck-up
    "I thought you wanted a competent assistant, not a nodding sycophant"
  • Like 2

"The move is widely seen as an attempt to cripple the political machine of Yingluck's brother, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in the 2006 coup, and to prevent his allies from returning to power"

This move might have the unintended consequences of raising the sympathy factor for YL and subsequently and PT related / influenced party during the next elections (whenever that might be).

There is also the danger that this sets a precedent for future politicians in implementing any policies that might be for the good of the country - in the event the policy does not work out for whatever reason, the politicians involved would be personally liable for both the financial losses suffered as well as serve jail time. This would effectively cripple any sort of innovative thinking or ideas, keeping Thailand as a 3rd world country and continuously slipping back down the slope until they join the likes of Congo and Somalia.

I doubt they care, they reason that after the reforms (and they have managed a certain imminent sad event and its ensuing consequences) they are going to remain in power indefinitely. Therefore no need to worry about the future.

Of course this is the 21st century not the last quarter of the 20th century, in which this mindset belongs, and they may be proved wrong fairly quickly. Much more difficult to control society these days!

• Like 1

"The move is widely seen as an attempt to cripple the political machine of Yingluck's brother, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was ousted in the 2006 coup, and to prevent his allies from returning to power."

The move is widely seen as seeking justice with the former PM Yingluck's self-financing scheme having lost 700 billion Baht and she frequently stating the scheme reached it's goal, she to be in charge.

In the civilized Western world it's seen as a political agenda. In the civilized world the junta is seen as illegitimate and illegal and lacking standing to prosecute anyone.

I have seen no proof that Yingluck stole the rice money herself. I have seen allegations of negligence.

This is a political cleansing to rid Thailand of the Shinawatra influence.

If criminal charges are to be brought they should have proof as to who the thieves were. Buying rice for above market price isn't illegal. Stealing that rice, cooking the books and so on is illegal. Who did that? Are they saying that YS did?

Actually whilst I agree with you on many points this is not correct in SUBSTANCE ONLY. Morals it is correct but the fact is, if you are an EXECUTIVE in any position in any company or busines sin the worls and you see something not right or you fail to look at what is going on as they say "under your watch" then at LAW you are guilty.

She wa sthe HEAD of Government and failed to take measures to halt the losses which even the bannks rejected.

So under law in any country - sh eis guilty by just being the head of government and NOT taking actions to halt losses or corruption which had been highlighted to her

If a company she would have the book thrown at her and be in SERIOUS trouble.

I feel they will scapegoat her take a few shin billions and let it all go and simmer underneath and the billions will again accumulate for the Shin clans

Thailand under the rule of the general with all his medals for military heroism frightens me just as much as England under Cromwell.

I am on neither side but it is now clear what the coup was really all about it.

lets fix the rules so we win because we cannot win in a straight fight.

Cromwells result was Civil war. We should learn from history.

I thought the reason for the coup was to bring peace to the streets? This is really going to do that.

Yingluck charged with corruption.Mmm

People who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

And so it begins.......

Frightened about England under Cromwell ? And I thought I was old.

Anyway, from what I remember of history lessons as far as small Islands were covered in the Netherlands, Cromwell was part of Civil war, not the cause of it. That was before our Admiral de Ruyter sailed up to Chadham I think.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with trying to get a former PM to explain a self-financing scheme which lost 700 billion Baht. The fact that she's cute, or Amply rich doesn't mean she can or should get away with that.

• Like 2

It's the leaders of illegal coups that need to be arrested, not the winners of landslide elections. The verdict on PM's should be at the polls and not in court on trumped up charges at the behest of a military junta. Thailand = Burma+ electricity, a sad state of affairs.

Deluded.

Mugabe, Hun Set, democratically elected and as honest and amply rich as their friend the owner and master of PTP.

Dear me, trotting out Mugabe, Hun Set, and any other dictator, past or present to make a point against Yingluck or indeed an other Thai political figure(including the present boss man) is an utterly irrelevant arguement, which only serves to make .... well no point at all really!

A bit too clever for you to make the link eh?

Mugabe and Hun Set, Thaksin's buddies and also both ex terrorists, also win landslide elections (although not based on large minority). The point is, winning an election is no guarantee that the winner will govern democratically, honestly and respect the law,

Trumped charges should be easy to defend with answers based on fact. Will Yingluck be presenting facts, figures and answer all questions this time? Looks like the standard "I'm a nice innocent girl, just looking after the poor and did nothing wrong" speech isn't an option this time.

Im sure that you are jolly clever Baerboxer, probably much cleverer than me. But the" link" only exists in your fertile (and incomparably clever) imagination.

A melodramatic obfuscation post has been removed as well as the replies. Another post containing defamatory comments toward the Thai courts has been removed:

2) You will not use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Kind of weird to think about it.

Yinluck in jail and brother dear, putting her there, drinking champagne (rothschild) with caviar in his not too cheap hotel room.

It just does not add up. I really think she should join him.

Experts say the impeachment and criminal charges are the latest attempt by the country's royalist elite, and its army backers, to extinguish the political influence of the Shinawatras, whose parties have won every election since 2001.

Says it all, its the only way the yellows can get back in power by hunting down all those that WILL BEAT them again in a fair election they cant win so they get the military to take over and start their witch hunt

Its a joke that Prayut is saying they are trying to reconcile the country cheesy.gif and the opposition is silenced and is not allowed to have a voice against what is going on

COMPLETE JOKE

"Fair election"? That's the complete joke in this post.

• Like 1

next the General will be p*ssing and moaning that the US will be condemning this as politically motivated. Whereas we all know it's not politically motivated, right... It's motivated by the rich elite puppet masters of the General