Phuket: No chairs. No eating. No smoking. 'Chairgate' becomes a fiasco (video)

webfact

No smoking on the beach? Great news for me. Anyone who has ever stepped on a burning cigarette when walking on the beach knows what I mean. It HURTS!

Except for a scant few, the vast majority of smokers have proven themselves unable to smoke and deal with their trash (butts) in a responsible manner. Thus they have to be managed like impolite selfish children.

more likely you burnt your foot on a hot coal from a fire the night before

the nature of a burning cigarette is such that stepping on one in sand is more likely to extinguish it then burn you, the sand will draw the heat away from your foot as silica is a far better conductor of heat then skin

and I always dispose of my cigarette butts in a responsible manner, I slip them in to the pockets and bags of idiots going on about how bad smoking is for non-smokers using illogical arguments to support their claims.

Aussie's can stand on a hot cig butt with no effect to there skin toughest feet in the world.

As they say.

Were there is no sense there is no feeling.

if i want to walk on beautiful windswept fairly cold beaches with nothing but seabirds to see, i can drive 40 minutes

but when in phuket, i want a deck chair, beer, umbrella and people watching, if the rules cut out the monopolies, no problem

if i can hire a chair etc and wander down to the beach thats fine