Q Bar In Samui

I have heard of the upcoming Q-Bar being built in Samui and havn't heard much about it. I have seen a billboard up near the airport that says "Opening Soon", but thats been there for a few months now.

Anybody got any info?

Cheers

Q Bar? as in the BKK Q Bar?

Let's hope the clientele of this one ain't like BKK,full of ex-pat office bods comparing their TGF latest plastic surgery...

doubt it , it will be full of gormless land agents at one end counting their wads and hard case falangs comparing tatoos at the other end.

high slapper count goes without saying.

get dowwwwwwwn !!! :o

Let's hope the clientele of this one ain't like BKK,full of ex-pat office bods comparing their TGF latest plastic surgery...

doubt it , it will be full of gormless land agents at one end counting their wads and hard case falangs comparing tatoos at the other end.

high slapper count goes without saying.

get dowwwwwwwn !!! :D

Wouldn't work in Hua Hin; they'd all be tripping over the zimmer frames.... :o

Wouldn't work in Hua Hin; they'd all be tripping over the zimmer frames....

titter ye not , malice , the dark underbelly of hua hin is there if you know where to look :o

the zimmer brigade are rightfully well catered for here , as so they should be , but hua hin is a garden of many and varied delights.

Yes, I believe it is built mostly, but there is either a dispute amongst partners or they have ran out of cash for a little bit.
Yes ,same as Q Bar BK,

It's the building over looking the lake above the Art Palace i think.

Still going ahead the last i heard

It's gonna be open soon as the resident DJ for the new Q bar is currently keeping his skills honed with a night or two in Fusion in Lamai...

Let's hope the clientele of this one ain't like BKK,full of ex-pat office bods comparing their TGF latest plastic surgery... :o

Thanks for the info, I will check it out as soon as it opens.... I feel like I need somewhere new to go out around Chaweng, the usual spots are getting a bit monotonous......

lol.

Q bar Samui should be full of young beach hipsters with a generous amount of rather ugly Samui bg's looking for a refined place to pickup.

Hmmm... I wonder who its run by.... I dont think it will be the same lot who run Sound/Solo/Lakeview etc.

hopefully they will be sticking to the same policies as the Bangkok Q-bar and closing up at around 2?

Lets wait and see

I have heard of the upcoming Q-Bar being built in Samui and havn't heard much about it. I have seen a billboard up near the airport that says "Opening Soon", but thats been there for a few months now.

Anybody got any info?

Cheers

It is near the top of a very steep hill on the outskirts of chaweng , I believe that the only property above it is occupied by Buddist monks!

They are converting an unfinished house that has stunning views over the lake and out to sea (during the day!)

when i say that the road is steep even the dogs get a taxi up it....... :o

Good luck to them , but the location does seem a bit odd. The empty land past the Reggae pub might have been a better option. Only time will tell.

lol.

Q bar Samui should be full of young beach hipsters with a generous amount of rather ugly Samui bg's looking for a refined place to pickup.

:o yip, there are some classics in Samui.

as my mate said at the end of his last Samui trip:

'it's been a top holiday - paid money to drink laxative beer, eat shit food and have sex with ugly prostitutes.'

he had a point!!

lol.

'it's been a top holiday - paid money to drink laxative beer, eat shit food and have sex with ugly prostitutes.'

he had a point!!

Well all three were his choice and he obviously got what he paid for - and if his standards were that low, maybe something he did not pay for!!

• 1 month later...

I like it. Great music (which is pretty rare in Chaweng), nice interior, good staff, and valet parking. No entrance fee (although there seems to be some kind of cashier at the entrance). The drinks are not cheap though. A wodka Red Bull is 200 baht, but good wodka and poured generously. Hardly any farang girls there, hope that will change! (my opinion ;-)) Must be because there are hardly tourists there, they haven't found it yet.

lol.

he had a point!!

Well all three were his choice and he obviously got what he paid for - and if his standards were that low, maybe something he did not pay for!!

:D:D:D

It's a nice club, much better than the one in Bangkok. Personally I don't like the Bangkok version althought the drinks are very good. The design of the Samui one is much better and much more impressive.

With the price of a beer at 180 baht, that is a little steep for samui, but when you look at the money spent on construction and the service they need to charge that in order to make any money.

I think it will be popular with local Thais and expats, especially those that avoid the centre of Lamai and Chaweng. However the cost of drinks and it's location I think will put many tourists off. It'll be interesting to see if it can attract enough people on a regular basis to create a decent enough atmosphere.

I also notice the soundproofing isn't so good and a few influential Thai's live very close, hopefully they don't put a stop to it. I know a few of them are not happy about the lakeview parties, i'm sure this will displease them further.

Anyway this is a very welcome addition to the island, hopefully before too long we haev some more clubs open.

It's a nice club, much better than the one in Bangkok. Personally I don't like the Bangkok version althought the drinks are very good. The design of the Samui one is much better and much more impressive.

With the price of a beer at 180 baht, that is a little steep for samui, but when you look at the money spent on construction and the service they need to charge that in order to make any money.

I think it will be popular with local Thais and expats, especially those that avoid the centre of Lamai and Chaweng. However the cost of drinks and it's location I think will put many tourists off. It'll be interesting to see if it can attract enough people on a regular basis to create a decent enough atmosphere.

I also notice the soundproofing isn't so good and a few influential Thai's live very close, hopefully they don't put a stop to it. I know a few of them are not happy about the lakeview parties, i'm sure this will displease them further.

Anyway this is a very welcome addition to the island, hopefully before too long we haev some more clubs open.

\

Agreed, something new needed to be done on samui, something a little higher end with a consistent music policy.

bangkokrecorder has pics of the opening party, it looked pretty interesting, but there certainly didn't seem to be many of the typical bangkok crowd there. Nakadia certainly looks in fine form though.