T Cut

roo860

Anyone know if there is a Thai equivalent of this product in Chiang Mai, if there is what's it called, and where can I buy it.

Its a brand name in the UK, use it for removing scuffs and minor scratches from car paintwork.

Have a look in top floor (5) of Robinson's, Airport Plaza. Car stuff is at the back, straight from escalator. Picked up a T-cut wax from there a few years back. Not cheap though.

Thanks very much, will have look.

Have a look in top floor (5) of Robinson's, Airport Plaza. Car stuff is at the back, straight from escalator. Picked up a T-cut wax from there a few years back. Not cheap though.

+1.

Chonburi Robinsons has it.

Thanks for the reply, am in Chiang Mai so will check out Robinsons here.

Big C also do this type of product , marked as color ( colour ) restorer , in both liquid and paste form. Also do the polish and applicators. For higher quality products you will need to go to a car "detailer" shop , where they wash / wax cars , where they may sell you a small quantity ..

• Like 1

Big C also do this type of product , marked as color ( colour ) restorer , in both liquid and paste form. Also do the polish and applicators. For higher quality products you will need to go to a car "detailer" shop , where they wash / wax cars , where they may sell you a small quantity ..

Cheers.

+1.

Chonburi Robinsons has it.

Thanks for the reply, am in Chiang Mai so will check out Robinsons here.

Car product shop next to Tops on ground floor should have it !

• Like 1

depending what you are trying to do, but for a small area toothpaste works a treat; i think the whitening one is more abrasive.

not quiet related, after years of searching (obviously looking in the wrong places!) i finally found a cheap wax/grease remover (brand name prepsol in Aust.) at local hardware shop. a bargain at 40 baht for a bottle.

post-70604-0-75517500-1424508168_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

depending what you are trying to do, but for a small area toothpaste works a treat; i think the whitening one is more abrasive.

not quiet related, after years of searching (obviously looking in the wrong places!) i finally found a cheap wax/grease remover (brand name prepsol in Aust.) at local hardware shop. a bargain at 40 baht for a bottle.

attachicon.gifDSCN4102.JPG

Cheers!!

Not too sure which t-cut product you actually want ... www.t-cut.co.uk. In the past I have used their colour restorer polish and it does get out marks and fine scratches..

You might consider this, it's really more for the professional but you can apply it by hand ... easier if you use some sort of holder for the pad as per pic. I suggest washing the car well ... then use some clay which should remove the 'stuck on' debris. Clay is expensive in Thailand but you can get it cheapish from 'Ali express'

You can also get 105 but it is a bit more course and best applied with an orbital polisher. If 105 is used then use 205 after. It leaves the surface very smooth and shiny. You can wax or whatever after if you want to but not necessary.

post-17329-0-50291500-1424613085_thumb.j

• Like 1

Remember the days of Cellulose paint ?, T-Cut was great stuff then, you could use it time and time again to bring back finish. Those days have gone, different paint type and usually a clear coat on top of the colour. You go through that clear coat, you are stuffed.

Polish/wax has a very mild abrasive in it to remove minor imperfections, you just have to work the stuff to try and remove stuff you are not happy with without eating the clear coat...

• Like 2