Rachaburi woman thanks statue with 300 pig heads

webfact

Woman thanks statue with 300 pig heads
By Coconuts Bangkok

pigheads.png

BANGKOK: -- A woman offered 300 severed pig heads on platters to a Buddha statue in western Bangkok yesterday to mark the Year of Goat and thank it for spiritual help with a defaulted loan.

Sombat Lekpiam, 59, a Rachaburi fruit merchant, traveled with her family to Wat Bang Phra in Nakhon Pathom with two pickup trucks loaded with pig heads to make good on a promise she made to the statue six years ago.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/20/woman-thanks-statue-300-pig-heads

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-20

• Like 1

A woman offered 300 severed pig heads on platters to a Buddha statue

...then the statue spoke: "Thanks, dear woman, but I am full already, I can't manage another morsel, let alone 300 pig heads..., well if you insist, I'll give it my best shot - did you bring any ketchup?"

• Like 2

Isn't it the year of the Sheep? Anyway whatever year it is, the Chinese always celebrate with pig meat wherever they are in the world . I guess it's because the animal is in abundance......except maybe Indonesia...

Poor pigs, barbaric and inhumane. Pigs are beautiful loving animals if given the opportunity to show it!. The statue can only be appeased by the suffering of innocent animals, what a screwed up concept!

Maybe you want to pop round there quick with a box of cocktail sticks..... you could prop all their mouths open in a (beautiful)'wallace n gromit' smile.

....id take a gasmask with you...

• Like 1

I wonder why she didn't donate the pig heads to poor people instead of the temples? If a poor person was starving to death they wouldn't be given one crumb left from the pig heads.

Poor people do go and eat at the temples.

Sure they do but they take the food to the temples. Maybe where you live the temples give food to the poor but in all my years here I have lived among the poor and have never seen that happen one time.

How many times have you seen the guys in the temples walking through a village handing out food to the poor? I have never seen it. How many times have you seen these guys in the temple buying poor children shoes or uniforms so they could go to school rather than having to drop out of school because the parents couldn't afford these things? I have never seen it. But I have seen plenty of these guys with smart phones and flying business class.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 2