300 kg of copper cables, what to do best with it in Bangkok?

zappalot

About 500meters from my gated mooban home, a group in a TOT truck stole an electric box from the poles and then some length of copper electric cable. So you may be suspect of stealing when you try to sell. Should go walking around in Bon Mohr district and ask wire shops.

Reports are also of stealing overhead fiber optic cables and getting home after all that dangerous work to find no copper inside the fiber......... optic cables.cheesy.gif

Official trucks, think about it. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

The 300 kg of copper cables are of course not mine. As I mentioned they belong to the building. After 23 years they renovated the elevators and there are about 1000 kg of scrap metals as well as about 300 kg of cables.

Our manager has no idea what to do with it, the company doing the elevator renovations has no interest in this stuff.

And as I know from Germany that these things have some value I told them to find out how much we would get for all these things.

Of course I know many places where I could ask but I thought someone probably knows about the prices and the best place to go. At least in Germany they vary widely.

Actually I do not want to have anything to do with it, but when I hear that they simply want to throw it away I get simply crazy. They throw away money. And don't care about it. I think I never get used to this mai pen rai attitude.

In New York it's not uncommon to have copper gutters stolen right off the house. I would take a pic down to the scrap metal place mentioned and get an estimate including pickup for 300kg. If the business doesn't want the money, donate it to a local charity but get a receipt from all involved.

Commonly stolen in Australia too. Thats why many new houses being built have temp. fencing around then, stop crims stealing the copper pipe.

Almost overcome with high pressure plastic pipe (Auspex I think is the brand name), with push on fittings (not reusable) so the low life thievws have been thwarted. Ther are other benefits, no water hammer even if not fixed, and no insulation of hot water pipes is required. The fittings are not cheap, about twice that of compression fittings, and several more times that of soldered fittings, but huge labor savings......just push on and get on with the job.