dependent visa for ethiopian spouse

I have a retirement visa, tried to obtain ED visa for my g/f, can only apply in embassy responsible for Ethiopia(Egypt)(true/not true?). We were in Laos and Cambodia, they don't handle Ethiopian passports. So she has been coming in on visa's on arrival, no back to backs.

Since different embassies have different requirements I contacted Thai embassy in Cairo and also Nairobi.Evidently the ED visa is not for Africans, because no reply after several reminders.

Any suggestions?

Also if no other solution, will marry. What is the road to follow to obtain dependant visa, bearing in mind that Ethiopians can only come in 15 days visa-on-arrival.

Can i do in Thailand?

Also her visa-on-arrival is expiring on Monday, any problem with obtaining back-to-back via on arrival @Maesai? 3rd visa-on-arrival, first back-to-back, others were with 3weeks and 4 weeks intervals

Thanks

Wallybee

• Like 1

Do you have a Visa or an Extension of stay?

If you have a Retirement Extension of Stay and are married:

2.20 In the case of being a family member of an alien permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom under Criteria 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6,
2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.21, 2.22, 2.26, or 2.29 hereof or Section 34(1) (2) and (7) including family of alien granted non- immigration visa which contains “A” letter at the end of visa code, (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children) except for Non- Immigrant code L-A:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must have proof of relationship.
(3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto:

She should be able to get another visa on arrival since she has only gotten one this trip.

There are no visa requirements to get married. You both would need an affirmation of permit to marry from your embassies.

To get her a dependent extension she would first need a single entry non-o visa. To get it her only choice may be to go to Cairo to apply. All that should be needed is a marriage certificate and copies of your passport photo page and your extension of stay stamp.

• Like 2

I usually don't write what I'm going to, but there are cases where common sense should prevail.

Immigration regulations should not dictate choices like marriage.

If foreigners are in a country that makes extremely difficult for them to stay legally, and there is no compelling reason to stay, they should go elsewhere.

Lite Beer, i have just changed, 1 month ago from Longstay (non O-A) to retirement,

The possible marriage to be done in Ethiopia.

Titanium member, also don't write non-usual, your reply irravelent and unsollicited. Please keep to question

asked, don't advise how to run my life

Lite Beer, i have just changed, 1 month ago from Longstay (non O-A) to retirement,

Titanium member, also don't write non-usual, your reply irravelent and unsollicited. Please keep to question

You have an extension of stay now. It will be no problem to get the dependent extension once she has the non-o.

For her to apply for the non-o visa at the embassy the marriage certificate will have to be in English or Thai.

For the extension of stay if marriage certificate is not in English it has to translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Ministry of foreign affairs.

Not sure paz was commenting directly to you. He seemed to be commenting on immigration rules in general that force a person to get married.

• Like 1

wallybee post # 5

don't advise how to run my life.cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Your opening post wallybee is a classic request regarding how to run your life.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Uptheos: I think the reason is that they are on a separate list bcz Ethiopians have to show Yellow Fever Certificate.

Anyone has experience with the ED visa for Africans. I was told here @ a language school in CM that African applications at the Dept of Education are filed in the waste basket. Did not want to take my money bcz was a sure loss.

Is there a reason that Ethiopia isn't listed as visa on arrival?

http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/visa-on-arrival.php

OK found it here, wonder why it was left out?

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/188

The first link is not an official site and is way out of date. It has info that is over 6 years old on it.

The most up to date info is here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20150120-100712-551809.pdf