Suits made in pattaya.

onemorechang

if the average tailors were all producing low quality products then the overall average would be low

just go for the best quality at the price you can agree on haggle your heart out no joy move on you are spoil for choice

usually 50 pc of the asking price usually works

I had two pairs of trousers made , the name of the place is New Sun Moon on second road , just before the lights on the right hand side heading towards Pattaya Tai.

Good choice of materials , and attention to detail.

There are several tailors on the streets behind TukCom. I used Suit Mark next to the TukCom parking garage. A nice well made suit and shirt cost 3,600 in Oct. 2013.

Nice Thai run Business. They speak excellent English. Best to take a Thai friend to help with negotiation.

A couple of buddies that are lawyers in the US get all their suits and shirts at Michelle, the tailor immediately to the left of the TQ on Beach Road. They have been using them for years and have even taken suits back for tucking in and/or letting out depending on how good their dieting was going! I can't quote any prices but they have been enormously happy with consistent good product and service since maybe 2007.

There are several tailors on the streets behind TukCom. I used Suit Mark next to the TukCom parking garage. A nice well made suit and shirt cost 3,600 in Oct. 2013.

Nice Thai run Business. They speak excellent English. Best to take a Thai friend to help with negotiation.

The Thai (and Chinese) tailors behind TukCom (and in other side streets) are the shops that most of the tourist zone Indian tailor shops contract to do the actual suit making. As you say, you need to speak Thai or have someone with you who does. Be prepared to pay less but maybe wait longer.

• Like 1

A couple of buddies that are lawyers in the US get all their suits and shirts at Michelle, the tailor immediately to the left of the TQ on Beach Road. They have been using them for years and have even taken suits back for tucking in and/or letting out depending on how good their dieting was going! I can't quote any prices but they have been enormously happy with consistent good product and service since maybe 2007.

Thank you for the reply, will have a look in the one by TQ as he will be staying in the hard rock hotel. close by.

Thanks

The biggest downside to the product is the crap tread they are using. I always have brought up spools of good quality thread for them to use. I have had seams come undone do to the thread they use not having much strength. In Chaing Mai I even traded 6 spools for the shirts I had tailored. The tailor was quite a bit better than the ragglemeisters on the Pattaya beach strip. They do have some fairly good tailors in back of tuc com city. About 20 shops. I haven't used them except to repair some shits from the states & they were T Shirts so I couldn't give you a good recommendation Sorry. But the thread is the key to having the seams last a while instead of flapping in the wind later down the road.

I know one suit maker in Thailand..a Thai-Chinese in Chiang Mai, a great tailor, a good fellow, but he's nowhere near Patts. If you go north, I could give you the contact. He works in a main store for over a decade. I have 2 suits made by him.. Oh I forgot, I threw them away when I moved..

They were decent suits though

I got taken in by one of those suit varmits so set about finding the cheapest.

Theres a Thai bloke in Soi 8 and he's got like songkram clay make up down the middle of his face. Its like the Hilton end of Soi 8.

Anyway this bloke does shirts for 300 baht and suits for 2000.

But he is still a varmit.

Now the suit I bought is silk/cashmere. I look as flash as a rat with a gold tooth.