Where to get parts for old Nissan Nv?

anto

I have a Nissan NV 1600cc pick up .Need to get spark plug leads ,distributer outer case and rotor ,air filter ,and spark plugs .Went to the Nissan main branch on the Lampoon road ,just out of the C.M City .They could not supply or either order .Really strange .

Try the Nissan shop on Mahidol Rd. (near Airport Plaza).

I've had my Nissan NV serviced and repaired there for the last 3 years.

They just call Bangkok for spare parts and they arrive a week after.

Never had a problem to get spare parts.

The shop on Lampoon Rd. must be very unservice minded.

• Like 1

I got spark plug wires from them last year. They could not supply a distributor cap or rotor - had to source them from Summit Racing in the USA.

Spent just about a whole day on the PCX going to spare parts stores - no one had them.

I got spark plug wires from them last year. They could not supply a distributor cap or rotor - had to source them from Summit Racing in the USA.

Spent just about a whole day on the PCX going to spare parts stores - no one had them.

That 'Summit Racing' Shop is really impressive. My NV engine type is GA16DNE (1.6L 1597cc).

If that is the same as yours, I like to know the part numbers of the distributor cap and rotor, you bought.

There are multiple choices, but maybe it's just best to buy the most expensive!?.

That 'Summit Racing' Shop is really impressive. My NV engine type is GA16DNE (1.6L 1597cc).

If that is the same as yours, I like to know the part numbers of the distributor cap and rotor, you bought.

There are multiple choices, but maybe it's just best to buy the most expensive!?.

Same engine as mine. Manufacturer / part numbers follow :

Dist. Cap - Intermotor JH239

Rotor - Intermotor JR178

I ordered Standard parts, this is what came.

In small lettering on the box, below Made in China in 3 languages, is the Standard company name.

Same engine as mine. Manufacturer / part numbers follow :

Dist. Cap - Intermotor JH239

Rotor - Intermotor JR178

I ordered Standard parts, this is what came.

In small lettering on the box, below Made in China in 3 languages, is the Standard company name.

Thank you very much for the information.

I have today ordered the same parts. I'm going to need it sooner or later.

Made in China, shipped to US and then to Thailand. Sounds normal!.

What about the OP; do you have any plan?.

^I will try the place near Airport Plaza .I am convinced that these parts must be available in Thailand somewhere without having to mail order from America.i will also try my regular Thai mechanic ,who is self employed and who i communicate with through my wife (as he does not speak English or me Thai ).

^I will try the place near Airport Plaza .I am convinced that these parts must be available in Thailand somewhere without having to mail order from America.i will also try my regular Thai mechanic ,who is self employed and who i communicate with through my wife (as he does not speak English or me Thai ).

if you find out where to source these parts in Thailand please let us know

Just a question:

On my NV the temperature indicator is very slow to rise. It takes about 8-10 minutes after cold start before it's up to 1/4 of the scale.

Do yours have the same situation?; or it might be the water flow regulator that's open always.

It's the same with or without aircon on.

• 1 month later...

Just a question:

On my NV the temperature indicator is very slow to rise. It takes about 8-10 minutes after cold start before it's up to 1/4 of the scale.

Do yours have the same situation?; or it might be the water flow regulator that's open always.

Have you flushed and changed all the coolant ?

Just a question:

Have you flushed and changed all the coolant ?

No; but it might be a good idea, because the water is very dirty.

Maybe both the regulator and sensor have a layer of dirt/rust.

Just a question:

Mine the same. Even put a new one in to see - no difference.

Even pulling the hills out of Nan it never reached above 1/2 way.

A mechanical temp gauge and T on my list when back in N. America

Just a question:

I guess, we should be happy, that the cooling system works so good.

When I bought my NV 3 years ago, I had problem with the aircon not cooling enough.

I found out that one of the fans was blowing air out instead of in.

I just switched the wires and it was fine.

Half a year after, I found out (by coincidence), that the engine on other fan was broken; but the cooling system worked fine!.

So, it really is over dimensioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question:

I guess, we should be happy, that the cooling system works so good.

When I bought my NV 3 years ago, I had problem with the aircon not cooling enough.

I found out that one of the fans was blowing air out instead of in.

I just switched the wires and it was fine.

Half a year after, I found out (by coincidence), that the engine on other fan was broken; but the cooling system worked fine!.

So, it really is over dimensioned.

I have installed an external Water Temperature Gauge on my Nissan NV.

As the attached picture show; the cooling system works perfect. It's only the internal meter that's lazy!.

The last situation could only be achieved with the car at a standstill and aircon off. The fans will kick in at 95 degrees and bring the temperature down to 90.

So; my mind is put at rest!.

post-218338-0-71471000-1429689295_thumb.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dig this up but I noticed my Nissan NV 1996 non injection has a slow leak at the base of the radiator. In the UK I would replace this myself but with no tools or GSF to order parts from I think I may get a garage to do it.

Does anyone know where I could source a radiator for my model? Cheers

Sorry to dig this up but I noticed my Nissan NV 1996 non injection has a slow leak at the base of the radiator. In the UK I would replace this myself but with no tools or GSF to order parts from I think I may get a garage to do it.

Does anyone know where I could source a radiator for my model? Cheers

I would think any large spares shop will have one or Radiator shops they can supply repair or build a new one.

My nv also ran very cool all the time.Even drag racing and long mountain climbs.Fuel MPG we're also low.I brought back a timing light from the states last time.

The timing was set a four degrees. It should be 8 to 10.As much as 15 if you use 95 octane.Now great mileage out of every thankful and yes there are now times I see the temp.Gage getting to the center.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...