thai gf singapore entry denied - anyone tried again?

Hi, my girlfriend was denied entry to singapore. It would have been her first time visit to Singapore. Reason given on a piece of paper: not eligible under current policies. I guess she just fit the profile and they assumed she wanted to come to work illegally. Deported together with a few other thai girls from the same flight. No stamp whatsoever in her passport, although fingerprints and photos were taken.

I have read the threads with similar experiences.

What happens if she tries again - does she stand a chance or is it a waste of time and money?

She got the website and number of immigrations on separate small piece of paper - anyone tried to appeal in such a case?

Are there any other options of getting her to Singapore?

Can thai girls get education visas if you put out the money for an accredited school?

I understand that Singapore wants to crack down on illegal (and immoral) workers. Innocent are sometimes caught as well. Any other way to make this work?

Thanks for any help

My TGF was hauled off by immigration when she came with me to Singapore.

They were really nasty about it too.

Anyway if you are working in Singapore and you want your TGF to come over for awhile you can get a Singapore resident to vouch for her.

You can do this through immigration.

Hope this helps.

My TGF was hauled off by immigration when she came with me to Singapore.

They were really nasty about it too.

Anyway if you are working in Singapore and you want your TGF to come over for awhile you can get a Singapore resident to vouch for her.

You can do this through immigration.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Tolley, although my hopes of just entering together are shatterd this helps a lot and gives some perspective how to make it work. I read about applying with Form 14 and with a local sponsor.

Do you have any first hand experience on this that it actually worked? What time period is reasonable to apply for?

I take it there is no point in trying anything without a local sponsor?

Cheers

Can you book her on a tour from Thailand ? Perhaps Universal Studios for two days but instead of returning to Thailand after she comes to visit you. Books her own return flight later.

I could try that, but I am concerned that now she will be automatically rejected if she tries again as she is in the system and will have to declare that she was refused before. I read that one way to go about it would be to appeal with a Form 14 from the ICA website. I guess this could work with a sponsor (Singapore citizen or permanent resident). I am neither, just started working here.

Do you have any info that someone got rejected and then tried again successfully?

Thanks

My partners sister has a Singaporean boyfriend who lives and works there, whilst he visits her here in Thailand she has had problems visiting him.

She is a young Thai woman who lives in Udon, so whilst she probably falls foul of profiling used by Singapore Immigration Officials, she has her own business in Udon and whilst not wealthy can support herself.

On two occasions last year she, not unreasonably, tried to enter Singapore to stay with her boyfriend at his parents house, his father is a senior manager with Tiger beer. On both occasions she was refused entry, she wasn't given any official reason apart from a verbal "you visit too often", certainly nothing in writing and no entries in her passport. She had return tickets, ample funds and details of the boyfriends parent house. On the first occasion she was sent home later in the day and on the second she was kept in a holding room overnight, and had to pay S$25, as I recall, for the privilege. Her boyfriend tried to convince the Immigration Officers that she was a genuine visitor, to no avail.

He subsequently contacted Singapore Immigration HQ as to how his girlfriend could visit, and he received a generic response of "if she qualifies she will be let in".

She tried to visit again last week for a two week visit, they allowed her in but only for seven days.

My partner and I are regular visitors to Singapore, we have friends down there and attend a number of functions. I also have read a number of negative reports regarding the way they treat Thai women, travelling alone or with a partner, so I will admit that we always approach the Officer with some trepidation.

My partner always presents herself first, we have travelled extensively throughout the wider region as well as the UK and Europe, both of which she has had a number of visas for. On one occasion she was taken away for secondary examination, I asked the officer if there was a problem I could help with and I was waved away with the back of the hand and told to wait outside, I believed his response was unprofessional. When she got to secondary examination she was told to sit down with the other Thai girls, she stood her ground and politely said she was travelling with her partner and were being met by friends, she was stamped in and hasn't had a problem since.

On our last visit a few months ago, about 50% of the Thai women were taken from our queue for secondary examination, there seemed to be no reason as to who was selected and who wasn't, but of course I didn't have access to the officers screen.

Couple years back, my girl flew and met me in Sing, no problems at all. Did she have return ticket and hotel reservations printed in hand when she went?

She had a two weeks return ticket, two weeks hotel booking in a 4 star hotel (in her name), 2,000 sgd in her pocket. She met all the formal requirements. She even had my flight ticket (arriving at the same time but we were stupid to agree we meet at baggage delviery and not already at checkin) and a copy of my passport. Told them that I am waiting but they didnt care. She kept telling them to call me up to the point were one officer said "this is not about your boyfriend, its about you". They also searched her bag and were asking "why you need make up" so I think it is clear to me they were mistaking her for a working girl.

She is a young girl that probably didnt display the right level of confidence at the checkpoint. That didnt help either I guess.

In hindsight I should have not booked her on a budget airline that seems to be known for working girls. There was a handful of other single travelling thai girls on the plane, they got all sent back together.

Can you book her on a tour from Thailand ? Perhaps Universal Studios for two days but instead of returning to Thailand after she comes to visit you. Books her own return flight later.

I could try that, but I am concerned that now she will be automatically rejected if she tries again as she is in the system and will have to declare that she was refused before. I read that one way to go about it would be to appeal with a Form 14 from the ICA website. I guess this could work with a sponsor (Singapore citizen or permanent resident). I am neither, just started working here.

Do you have any info that someone got rejected and then tried again successfully?

Thanks

I dont think being refused entry at Singapore is appealable.

I think Form 14 is for an entry visa.

As theoldgit has indicated, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind it.

Immigration seem to have a crackdown and when they do, a Thai girl travelling

by herself can be caught up in it. Guilt by association I guess.

The vast majority of refusals I have read about are women travelling by themselves.

I think she would have a lot greater chance of entering if you were travelling with her

but that's not always practical.

My partners sister has a Singaporean boyfriend who lives and works there, whilst he visits her here in Thailand she has had problems visiting him.

She is a young Thai woman who lives in Udon, so whilst she probably falls foul of profiling used by Singapore Immigration Officials, she has her own business in Udon and whilst not wealthy can support herself.

On two occasions last year she, not unreasonably, tried to enter Singapore to stay with her boyfriend at his parents house, his father is a senior manager with Tiger beer. On both occasions she was refused entry, she wasn't given any official reason apart from a verbal "you visit too often", certainly nothing in writing and no entries in her passport. She had return tickets, ample funds and details of the boyfriends parent house. On the first occasion she was sent home later in the day and on the second she was kept in a holding room overnight, and had to pay S$25, as I recall, for the privilege. Her boyfriend tried to convince the Immigration Officers that she was a genuine visitor, to no avail.

He subsequently contacted Singapore Immigration HQ as to how his girlfriend could visit, and he received a generic response of "if she qualifies she will be let in".

She tried to visit again last week for a two week visit, they allowed her in but only for seven days.

My partner and I are regular visitors to Singapore, we have friends down there and attend a number of functions. I also have read a number of negative reports regarding the way they treat Thai women, travelling alone or with a partner, so I will admit that we always approach the Officer with some trepidation.

My partner always presents herself first, we have travelled extensively throughout the wider region as well as the UK and Europe, both of which she has had a number of visas for. On one occasion she was taken away for secondary examination, I asked the officer if there was a problem I could help with and I was waved away with the back of the hand and told to wait outside, I believed his response was unprofessional. When she got to secondary examination she was told to sit down with the other Thai girls, she stood her ground and politely said she was travelling with her partner and were being met by friends, she was stamped in and hasn't had a problem since.

On our last visit a few months ago, about 50% of the Thai women were taken from our queue for secondary examination, there seemed to be no reason as to who was selected and who wasn't, but of course I didn't have access to the officers screen.

Thanks mate, this is a great piece of information!

Having been rejected will certainly alert the officers but doesnt automatically mean that there is no way in. If we make it a short trip, I accompany her and I tell her how to be more assertive (though polite) it could actually work.

Thanks mate, this is a great piece of information!

Having been rejected will certainly alert the officers but doesnt automatically mean that there is no way in. If we make it a short trip, I accompany her and I tell her how to be more assertive (though polite) it could actually work.

It is better you travel with her too, at least if she has this rejection and make sure she has sufficient funds in her purse cause they can do ask the question and demand proof.

just dont go there is that too hard to understand. its bad news all round. if you are going through to indonesian catch the ferry from Johor Baru IN MALAYSIA INSTEAD

expand on this, you have a bad experience?

my sister in laws teaching colleague, booked to singapore with her thai husband on a budget airline, on arrival he went straight through customs, she was taken to a interview room for over an hour to discuss her reasons wanting entry, language problems and the issue resolved when a interpreter was consulted.

just dont go there is that too hard to understand. its bad news all round. anyhow its just a penal colony for geriatrics so not worth visiting anyway. if you are going through to indonesian catch the ferry from Johor Baru IN MALAYSIA INSTEAD

you don't catch a ferry from JB, you drive over the Causeway into in Singapore, Have you ever been to Singapore or JB ?

just dont go there is that too hard to understand. its bad news all round. if you are going through to indonesian catch the ferry from Johor Baru IN MALAYSIA INSTEAD

expand on this, you have a bad experience?

Got to give him time to make up a story, I suspect " koo wallet" is a troll...

Just thinking aloud, but why would Thai women keep trying to go somewhere that they're not wanted? Singapore has made it abundantly clear that they don't want Thai women, especially single Thai women, coming into their country. I mean, don't Thai women find it humiliating to go through this crappola every time they enter Singapore? I know Thai women don't really visit this site, but I would imagine it would be common knowledge within the Thai community. I certainly wouldn't go anywhere if I thought I wasn't wanted, but that's just me.

Anyways, sorry to interrupt the conversation, but just thinking aloud.

Just thinking aloud, but why would Thai women keep trying to go somewhere that they're not wanted? Singapore has made it abundantly clear that they don't want Thai women, especially single Thai women, coming into their country. I mean, don't Thai women find it humiliating to go through this crappola every time they enter Singapore? I know Thai women don't really visit this site, but I would imagine it would be common knowledge within the Thai community. I certainly wouldn't go anywhere if I thought I wasn't wanted, but that's just me.

Anyways, sorry to interrupt the conversation, but just thinking aloud.

I know many thai women who travel to singapore regularly with no issue who work there or travel there regularly and they certainly don't feel unwelcome in Singapore. There are plenty of thai women "working" in the towers so I can understand why they may "profile" certain people. I think she was just unlucky to be traveling alone and perhaps not able to explain herself confidently to the immigration officer.

OB

normally singapore customs doesn't really give problem to most Thai girls entering singapore.

Unless, she has been blacklisted or has had some trouble with Singapore before.

No doubt, there are tons of Thai ladies going into Singapore to work illegal, but, Singapore is a country which goes by the book, and will not reject a person's entry without a valid reason.
There must have been some reason, some which you did not know.

Anyway, if she has been denied entry, most likely she would have been blacklisted and so, don't try for at least a few years.
Why waste your time in superficial Singapore? try kuala lumpur instead

normally singapore customs doesn't really give problem to most Thai girls entering singapore.

No doubt, there are tons of Thai ladies going into Singapore to work illegal, but, Singapore is a country which goes by the book, and will not reject a person's entry without a valid reason.

Anyway, if she has been denied entry, most likely she would have been blacklisted and so, don't try for at least a few years.

Sorry, but that is a ludicrous statement.

Singapore Immigration is a law unto themselves. There are numerous instances of Thai women

being refused entry with no valid reason other than the officals didn't want them to enter.

theoldgit has provided an example in this thread.

• Like 2

Singapore gov't does not tolerate "foreigners" competing against their (documented, tax-paying) Singaporean street ladys. They nip that probablity in the bud, at the port of entry. Capiche? whistling.gif

you have no idea what you are yapping about

The whole world is superficial bloke. Singapore doesn't get The Blue Ribbon Prize, on that score. The OP's focus is on Singapore (if you know how to read between the lines), not KL. OP's gf was not previously blacklisted. Her finger-prints and photograph were not in Singapore's Immigration dbase. They are now, permanently. Singapore is not Thailand. Those Singaporean blokes are "no bull", serious business people. Thais are becoming increasingly unwelcomed in Singapore, especially the bargirl genre of Thais.

Edited by TuskegeeBen
  • Like 1

Singapore gov't does not tolerate "foreigners" competing against their (documented, tax-paying) Singaporean street ladys. They nip that probablity in the bud, at the port of entry. Capiche? whistling.gif

you have no idea what you are yapping about

HA! Apparently, my speculation touched your sensitivity button. Give it just six more months, Mr. Cool (sucking on a cancer-stick). By then you'll probably really need those sun shades. Cheers!

Edited by TuskegeeBen

@luunatic sorry your girlfriend had this bad experience and sorry that I can't offer any help.

I can only mention the one experience when I took my girlfriend to Singapore for the Christmas period just gone. We flew in on Jet Star and were staying at the Shangri La. She's 29, looks young but not crazy young like many Thai girls, doesn't wear much make-up.

None of the above details should be factors in choosing who gets to enter Singapore or not, but judging by some of the experiences told on here it does sound like the immigration officers go by judgemental guesswork rather than careful evaluation.

It's a bit scary to learn about your experience, because I specifically chose Singapore as a destination that doesn't require a visa for Thai nationals. We don't have too many close ties there or reasons to visit, so probably won't be back for a while anyway, but I can understand that you might have many reasons to go there.