Old Question, But Yet Need To Be Asked

donne

I hv found the definition of 'internet' = where u can find anything except what u really need.

I will be relocated to phuket in next month so i need to find accomodation, pleeeeeease could u help me out? please, pretty please...

Im quite pickky, so..

i) working near the airport but cant afford JW Marriot, where should i stay? Thalang? Bang tao? Surin beach? i can drive and dont mind driving to work.

ii) addict to diving, really need to dive every weekend (if possible), is thalang, bang tao too far from dive shop?

iii) my friends live in phuket and kathu, of course they try ro help me but u guys are the expert i still need help from u... the point is, i dont want to stay too far from them. social life reason. Can i stay in town and drive to work everyday? is it bloody far?

iv) as my signature says, my wallet shout siam square not armani shop... Can i live within 9000 bht for studio/one br apt/condo exclude bills?

All i found is guest house in patong or luxuary resort in the area i want to live. Cant find the appropiate one tho...

any information much appriciate...

Thank you xx

Edited by donne

I rent a house 2Bedroom, one aircon, private gated yard in Kamala for 9k a month,

Tons of places available out there.

Driving to work .. well it is doable from anywhere and every beach town has dive shops

I wouldn't want to be driving from town to the near the airport everyday to go to work, but its certainly doable, should be around 30 mins drive.

Personally I would look for a place in Cherng Talay. Its near the airport, beaches (Bang Tao, Surin etc.) and there's plenty of restaurants and bars nearby.

9,000 baht should get you something quite ok as long you do your homework and look around. Cheaper places aren't always advertised in the Gazette so best to drive around the area you are interested in and look for "For Rent" signs. Take a Thai friend along to negotiate.

i kind of agree with TYG re: location

and re: rentals I would have to ay that 99% are not available on the newspaprs etc unless you are looking in the over 30k price bracket. I drove around for 3 hours in Kamala and talked to7 people and tsaw the houses before I settled on one that I really liked!

I like Kamala particulrly because it s quieter and more laid back than the other beach towns but still has a lot to offer!

wow... excellent board.

very quick replies. Millions thanks to u all.... xx

I will start apt hunting when i reach there then. i will go for smwhere near beach, might be surin beach, i guess.

But first of all, i have to buy a car... hehe

wow... excellent board.

very quick replies. Millions thanks to u all.... xx

I will start apt hunting when i reach there then. i will go for smwhere near beach, might be surin beach, i guess.

But first of all, i have to buy a car... hehe

Buy the car before you move here , they are expensive here :o !! And if its Surin beach try Thalang area its central on the island and affordable. :D

Check here for a nice variety of home (and occasional apartment) rentals:

http://www.houseinphuket.com/

It gives a good idea of what's available in different areas of the island; still, I'd recommend just getting on a motorbike and driving around -- plenty of "For Rent" signs everywhere. We found our house when we got lost trying to follow Wellta's (from the above website) directions and happened into a soi to ask if someone knew how to get there. We happened to ask the landlord overseeing an entire development; it was his day off but he offered to show us a few houses which we fell in love with and we returned a few days later to sign the lease...

Thank you to all of u...

i manage to get a car already, shouldnt be any problem for me though.

Good thing to work for cutie boss... hmm, should i use the word cutie with my boss?

Will start to hunt for cosy room as soon as i hit phuket.

Thank you to all of u...

i manage to get a car already, shouldnt be any problem for me though.

Good thing to work for cutie boss... hmm, should i use the word cutie with my boss?

Will start to hunt for cosy room as soon as i hit phuket.

Scarey! :o cutie and cosy?

I am seriously biased but I would choose Cherngtalay. It's got everything you need, is a 20 minute easy drive to the airport and is pretty central on the island.

The down side is that the dive shops are very very expensive, but you can get to Chalong Pier in 40 mins, if you can't find anywhere nearer.

I would choose Surin. Though it's a little tricky to get to airport everyday driving through the very small, busy, full of muslim road in at the Police Station.

I hate that road, you know. Can't look away even one second, given I'm not excel in driving.

Maybe Layan?

Uh... I don't know that part very well. I'm living in south side.

Hope you find a cosy dream home.

:o