Filling form on hotel checkin, soon something of the past, I cannot stand this anymore

thefactoryoutlet

Agree with OP, people here know nothing, soon check in will be made by mobile and all posters here will feel so ridiculous to have been stupid enough to fill forms for 40 years.

Check in hotels 5 times a week an then you will understand why the slave behind the desk should do it himself/

I've stayed at hotels in numerous countries in Europe, the US and Asia. I've ALWAYS been given a form to fill out; usually they only require your name, address, passport number and signature. 2-3 minutes tops! In many countries the hotels are legally obliged to take this information and pass it on to the police or immigration authorities. How do you expect the staff to know your address?

• Like 1

I've stayed at hotels in numerous countries in Europe, the US and Asia. I've ALWAYS been given a form to fill out; usually they only require your name, address, passport number and signature. 2-3 minutes tops! In many countries the hotels are legally obliged to take this information and pass it on to the police or immigration authorities. How do you expect the staff to know your address?

Exactly. That's why I don't understand the OP's rant.

• Like 2

Must admit - was at the Impact Novotel ( going to see Michael Buble ) and all they asked for was a signature- no form filling.

However may given them info before and am an Accor hotel club member.

Of course I enquired if ALL doors would be held open for me- so for example if I wanted a beer from the mini bar- staff would be available- this might save a few seconds from my life.

I told them in my busy life I could not shower myself- so could they send a couple of staff to help.

To be honest never heard such rubbish- this is wind up!

• Like 1

To all of the posters that have complained about having to fill out a form:

While you are grumbling about wasting 3 minutes of your precious time, you have probably wasted about 5 minutes deciding what to write on this thread and actually writing it.

You will probably (over the next week) waste another 20 minutes checking this thread to see how many agree with your post.

Your actual effort to type up the post will be greater than filling in the form at the hotel.

All this effort to complain about something that most people don't give a second thought to and you will still need to fill out the hotel form next time that you stay in a hotel.

Congratulations in playing an excellent part in an exercise of futility. blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

• Like 1

wow another farang full of self entitlement and has never traveled anywhere outside of his village in farangistan and really believes the natives should kow tow down to their every whim

Fact is dear boy, hotels all over the world make you fill in a form and many others also require a copy of your PP, shows how little you have traveled

I believe you are being unfair. The better hotels outside of Thailand do not waste time with this procedure. In my experience, hotels in the EU and North America have all the information they need if one is a member of FF programs such as Hilton Honours or Accor Club etc., or if one has already provided the info prior to checkin via a hotel website reservation request. I am not required to fill in these cards when I check in at many non Thai hotels, even in transit.

For an efficient experience try the awesome Citizen hotel at AMS. It is all kiosk based and goes quickly. It might not be the fanciest hotel, but I was blown away by the efficiency of the Citizen and the helpful staff who put Thai 5* hotel staff to shame. The 2 Hilton brands at FRA just took my credit card imprint and again, well trained staff superior to Thai hotels. Thailand still follows this outdated procedure and frankly it is annoying. When I checkin at the BKK Novotel, sometimes the card is pre filled, sometimes it is not. I'm not taking a swipe at Thai hotels, because I've had the idiotic card request at the HKG Regal, despite my prepaying for the room. The Regal is considered one of the top 5 airport hotels in the world, and it was as backward as a Thai hotel.

Thailand's hospitality sector has to get with the times and upgrade its out of date hospitality procedures and invest in the appropriate software to remove this time consuming and useless requirement.

When we visit Chonburi earlier this month it took 45 minutes to check in

Had to sign for form after form

Passport copies

Then then hemmed and hawed over a room

open air reception area gets fricken hot after a while for an elderly person

Then wanted 25K security deposit

Was a nice hotel with a known name

4 story hotel

no fricken elevator

Will never return

wow another farang full of self entitlement and has never traveled anywhere outside of his village in farangistan and really believes the natives should kow tow down to their every whim

Fact is dear boy, hotels all over the world make you fill in a form and many others also require a copy of your PP, shows how little you have traveled

I believe you are being unfair. The better hotels outside of Thailand do not waste time with this procedure. In my experience, hotels in the EU and North America have all the information they need if one is a member of FF programs such as Hilton Honours or Accor Club etc., or if one has already provided the info prior to checkin via a hotel website reservation request. I am not required to fill in these cards when I check in at many non Thai hotels, even in transit.

For an efficient experience try the awesome Citizen hotel at AMS. It is all kiosk based and goes quickly. It might not be the fanciest hotel, but I was blown away by the efficiency of the Citizen and the helpful staff who put Thai 5* hotel staff to shame. The 2 Hilton brands at FRA just took my credit card imprint and again, well trained staff superior to Thai hotels. Thailand still follows this outdated procedure and frankly it is annoying. When I checkin at the BKK Novotel, sometimes the card is pre filled, sometimes it is not. I'm not taking a swipe at Thai hotels, because I've had the idiotic card request at the HKG Regal, despite my prepaying for the room. The Regal is considered one of the top 5 airport hotels in the world, and it was as backward as a Thai hotel.

Thailand's hospitality sector has to get with the times and upgrade its out of date hospitality procedures and invest in the appropriate software to remove this time consuming and useless requirement.

I attended a conference last year in Washington DC, checked into a rather nice hotel (better be at US$450/night), and had to fill out a form. Didn't give it a second thought.

Agree with OP, people here know nothing, soon check in will be made by mobile and all posters here will feel so ridiculous to have been stupid enough to fill forms for 40 years.

Check in hotels 5 times a week an then you will understand why the slave behind the desk should do it himself/

Stayed in 4 hotels around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai over 5 days a few weeks ago. Only had to write my name and sign. I think check-in desk slaves savour the know-it-all farang with furrowed brownwho fills in the entire form without waiting to be told, 'Just the name and signature, krahp'.

• Like 1

In my experience, hotels in the EU and North America have all the information they need if one is a member of FF programs such as Hilton Honours or Accor Club etc.

and there is the key..."FF programs" and this is not restricted to the EU or North America, this occurs in Thailand and other countries in SEA as well, for the hotels were I have a FF card yes your correct, even in Thailand and SEA, the form is filled in for you when you arrive, sign it, give them your CC and your passport

but so what, it takes a few minutes to do, even if you have to fill one in who cares, personally I am more concerned about the faculties to do an express check out from a hotel when you leave

the fact is the whole premise of the OP is flawed and comes across as a whinging little farang who has never been out of his village in farangistan before arriving in Thailand to shack up with some bint and believes the natives should kow tow down to the whinging of the great white bwana.

• Like 1

When we visit Chonburi earlier this month it took 45 minutes to check in

Had to sign for form after form

Passport copies

Then then hemmed and hawed over a room

open air reception area gets fricken hot after a while for an elderly person

Then wanted 25K security deposit

Was a nice hotel with a known name

4 story hotel

no fricken elevator

Will never return

get a credit card then

the fact is the whole premise of the OP is flawed and comes across as a whinging little farang who has never been out of his village in farangistan before arriving in Thailand to shack up with some bint and believes the natives should kow tow down to the whinging of the great white bwana.

Yes, this appears to be the case.

This has vastly improved lately.

I hold platinum with Accor and have not filled in a form for a long time.

Last week in Novotel Cha Am was asked to verify the data on the form and to sign.

No credit card blocking a certain amount neither, that was an exception.

Yes, this appears to be the case.

depends if its before or after Tiffin?

I always put a load of crap,,,,,,, ie Mickey Mouse, occupation, head transplant surgeon senior sergeant major etc etc

And after you get home from school.... you have your cookies & milk & take a nap. Being a child is such hard work.

Let me guess.... you are from Emireka.

<deleted>.

I do not believe that you wish given such forms in the US. In fact I think you are lying as I am quite sure such forms do not exist.

I do not believe that you wish given such forms in the US. In fact I think you are lying as I am quite sure such forms do not exist.

and I am 100% certain your wrong having stayed in many hotels in the US and had to fill a form in wink.png

Another thirty seconds of my life wasted. facepalm.gif

A clever person would have established that this was not a topic they were interested in after 5 seconds, then not wasted their time responding. You only have yourself to blame.

It's a bit like trying to drive past a traffic accident without taking a look to see how bad it is.

and I am 100% certain your wrong having stayed in many hotels in the US and had to fill a form in wink.png

Mr. BudWrong is clearly mistaken, but will he come on TV and admit it? Of course not. He's afraid to lose face...amazing how many farangs on TV are like that.