Filling form on hotel checkin, soon something of the past, I cannot stand this anymore

thefactoryoutlet

Hello,

Am I the only one to think that the lazy hotel staff should fill the form for me when I check in a hotel ?

Most of the time they (because in Thailand they are many) do nothing and just look at you filling the form, when they actually:

-1- do not need because they often also take a copy of your passport

-2- can do it for you because they have the copy of your passport

Anyway they don't need it and it is ridiculous.

Luckily I read news and soon smart hotels owners will allow mobile check in and no more stupid form to fill !

• Like 1

wow another farang full of self entitlement and has never traveled anywhere outside of his village in farangistan and really believes the natives should kow tow down to their every whim

Fact is dear boy, hotels all over the world make you fill in a form and many others also require a copy of your PP, shows how little you have traveled

why not ?burp.gif that's what the natives are forwai2.gif

• Like 1

If I've booked online then I would agree that only a copy of your passport is needed otherwise its in your best interest to fill out a form with your contact details on. There is always a chance of leaving something behind, that way the hotel will have your details to contact you.

This only applies to leaving soiled undies or sweaty socks, anything that can be cashed in, forget about it.

Ooooh, I really do hope that they stop this barbaric practice of forcing customers to spend 3 minutes filling out a form.

This problem is greatly affecting my posting patterns on TVF.

I was going to talk about this matter in greater detail but because I checked into a hotel recently, this 5 minute post has now been cut back to a two minute post.

Hold on, still 38 seconds to go so:

If the powers that be were to take their thumb out of their ars

I think the OP should file a complaint with the UN that his human rights are being violated, how dare they make his fill a form in and mke a copy of his passport..

Ooooh, I really do hope that they stop this barbaric practice of forcing customers to spend 3 minutes filling out a form.

This problem is greatly affecting my posting patterns on TVF.

I was going to talk about this matter in greater detail but because I checked into a hotel recently, this 5 minute post has now been cut back to a two minute post.

Hold on, still 38 seconds to go so:

If the powers that be were to take their thumb out of their ars

I think the OP should file a complaint with the UN that his human rights are being violated, how dare they make his fill a form in and mke a copy of his passport..

Maybe he should write to his local MP (Member of Parliament).

In fact in this case I think that the OP should write directly to the right honourable Sir David Truscott, European Parliament representative of gross misinterpretation of human rights in Thai hotel lobbies.

• Like 1

I know it probably wasn't necessary for the OP to create a post about this issue but I have to agree with him that the form is redundant. Does anyone actually know what they use the form for? Is it for immigration purposes?

The forms are for immigration.

Whether you like it or not, the hotel has to hand these forms and the to the local Immigration Department by law and the hotel could be fined for non-compliance.

Totally agree with you OP, they should also carry your bags totally free of charge while you enjoy drinking a beer in the cheapest room in the cheapest hotel.

I often feel that my 500 baht which I pay for a room is totally unappreciated as I do not get 5 star service for my money, they even dare to charge for my laundry and expect me to pay for any damages.

Signed

Quality tourist

• Like 1

I know it probably wasn't necessary for the OP to create a post about this issue but I have to agree with him that the form is redundant. Does anyone actually know what they use the form for? Is it for immigration purposes?

1. Immigration

2. Proof of you being there, so upon return home no chargeback can be filed

3. For emergency's

4. Marketing

5. Statistics

• Like 1

Pardon me for asking, but doesn't every hotel--pretty much in the world--require you to fill out some sort of form when checking in?

I just have to initial the part for the room rate when I stay in the US. I didn't fill out anything in Cambodia last weekend as it was pre-paid online.

Another, "I can't afford 5 star hotels but I deserve 5 star treatment" post.

Where do you people get your sense of entitlement from?

To be fair mate, checking inn applies to all hotels whether it be a guesthouse or a 5 star. Its the facilities that make the difference.

To be fair mate, checking inn applies to all hotels whether it be a guesthouse or a 5 star. Its the facilities that make the difference.

He's referring to having to fill our the paperwork. Usually you just hand over your credit card, ID and loyalty card and they handle the rest.

He's referring to having to fill our the paperwork. Usually you just hand over your credit card, ID and loyalty card and they handle the rest.

Fair enough.