Let's do the backpackers!

davedudek

I think I prefer backpackers to expats. At least they enjoy the place.

What makes you think most expats don't enjoy the place? I think you have formed a negative opinion of expats after deliberately or accidentally antagonising them,

Personally, I think that the OP's idea is daft. Those that need to learn, won't listen. Those that listen, will figure it out by themselves. Anyway, suffering hardships in foreign countries is all part of growing up, and being British.

SC

• Like 1

You think Thailand is rough on the backpackers........Australia's Ivan Milat made Thai scams look like a walk in the park .

[emoji33]

The mention of that name sends shivers down my spine. I hitchhiked from Sydney to Canberrra in 1989.

You messed out on a ride around Belanglo with Ivan. Lol.

• Like 1

In this corner of the world, a "Backpacker" is easily identified as "easy prey". Lightening the wallet of a backpacker of 100 $ will cause no police activities whatsoever.

Not so, if some thugs tackle a resident of the Hilton (and possibly a Thai-Elite-Card-Member), this would likely be followed by police-involvement.

The thugs math goes like this: Plundering backpackers, 10 per month, nets 1000 $ without any police involvement. = No risk !

Plundering 1 Hilton High-Roller per month may net a little more (Cash, Rolex,etc), but with police-involvement. = High risk !

Other than that: Wrong place at the wrong time. AND: Do you see any backpackers and hitch-hikers along European Highways anymore? Hardly. Too risky. The 60ties are gone.

Cheers.

60's?

Hahahaha I used to hitchhike around Europe in the 90's....and I am sure some are still doing it now.

Live a little and have fun my friend....you just don't see it cos you are not hanging around those places anymore!

You think Thailand is rough on the backpackers........Australia's Ivan Milat made Thai scams look like a walk in the park .

?

I see your Ivan Milat, and raise you a Charles Sobhraj.

Yes of course. I'd say neither would be welcome in the local backpackers hostel.

Lol