THAI to sell 32 aircraft

webfact

Thai os losing money on Moscow because of competition from Transaero and Nordwind, Russian Low Cost Carriers. I believe they fly to the wrong airport. They fly to DME which is an older and less desirable I prefer SVO easier and newer airport. There is another airport I believe MOW. DME has too many flights, bad Customs area and is undergoing major expansion. No parking for Limo, a long walk to their parking lot.

SVO is a better choice.

MOW is just an IATA code for Moscow Metropolitan area.

What the coward needs to do is trim 25% of the workforce because the first place to get true cost savings is on removing heads from the payroll. Of course; it won't happen as the majority are from 'connected' families and are guaranteed jobs for life. Disgusting way to run a business.

None the less a country

Fact: Direct (non-stop) flight to Paris on June 2nd, return on June 17.

Price in Euro.

Direct with Air France: € 813,15

Direct with Thai: € 3.386,06

What idiot is taking an airliner that is more than 4 times more expensive.

Source: http://boeking.cheaptickets.nl/nl/checkout/flightresults?cid=de4c3b42-275c-4701-8b2a-0729ee7274fb&out0_dep=BKK&out0_date=20150602&out0_arr=CDG&in0_dep=CDG&in0_date=20150617&in0_arr=BKK&cls=Y&adt=1&chd=0&inf=0#cid=de4c3b42-275c-4701-8b2a-0729ee7274fb&out0_dep=BKK&out0_arr=CDG&out0_date=20150602&in0_date=20150617&in0_dep=CDG&in0_arr=BKK&adt=1&chd=0&inf=0&cls=Y&pagesize=10

When booking in USD:

Direct with Air France: $ 911.07

Direct with Thai: $ 4,002.68

When booking in Thailand in THB:

Direct with Air France : 30, 820 THB

Direct with Thai: 121,255 THB

This is 4x as expensive !!!

So what motherf*ck3r is flying Thai ??? Only when you want to have an empty airplane for yourself? Or when having a free ticket, sponsored by Thai government.

Edited by FredNL
Profanity

There's no market for 747's anymore unless they convert the plane to a cargo carrier. Any bids?

Africa might be interested if theycan pay for it on the never never system.

I bet the gov wont disclose how much theyre selling all this old junk for.

Although THAI is majority government owned it's not yp to the government to disclose those figures. THAI management has to report on it in their accounting, especially since their registered on the SET.

Subsidiary Nok Air? Thought that got sold off to another company and subsidiary is Thai Smile?

As I had posted (#16 above), 'Thai Smile' is indeed Thai's most-recent subsidiary, and as I then went on to post "They also have a major shareholding in Nokair", where they still hold 39.2%, according to Nok's own website :-

http://www.nokair.com/contents/about_nokair/shareholders/en-US/index.html

Both Nok & Thai Smile are LCCs which have international, as well as domestic, routes.

Thus the suggestion by crickets that Thai "need a international budget airline" has already been met. Not that it has helped.

And it was only one A340-500, that the Saudi prince proposed to buy at a hefty discount to TG's Board's (inflated ?) book-value, not all of them.

Subsidiary Nok Air? Thought that got sold off to another company and subsidiary is Thai Smile?

From Udon Thai Nok Air Thai Smile ?? why not 1 ?? fight your own companies ?? and to boot, Thai Smile is priced as a non budget airline, but was put there to be opposition to Air Asia, Instead of running 1 Thai have 3 the most stupid idea ever, fancy aiming at your own foot. DOH

Why not just sell the whole airline its going nowhere I will never fly them again because other airlines run by non Thais have much better business models that meet customer needs.

Will never happen as this is the private 'fly for free' club airline for the Thai High So's and their families and the 'upwardly mobile' in Thai society !

There's no market for 747's anymore unless they convert the plane to a cargo carrier. Any bids?

Africa might be interested if theycan pay for it on the never never system.

I bet the gov wont disclose how much theyre selling all this old junk for.

Actually the 747-400 has one of the biggest current resale markets there is for commercial planes. The market is not too bad for A-330's either. The A-340 on the other hand has the lowest resale value compared to initial cost. Several reasons for this.

• Like 1

They need a international budget airline like qantas has jetstar. Flying to australua with three full meals is a waiste. Can fly jetstar business class for the same price as there economy.

They have one in their subsidiary Nok air which competes directly with Air Asia on domestic routes.

Yes but will anybody buy them? Its a buyers market, and the typical THAI offering is to mark prices to high (see their ticket prices for example).

Actually thai have dramatically reduced prices. A flight from Melbourne to Chiangmai last year was $1480 AUD This April $850 return.

The main issue I see is Thai being reasonable with the price they are willing to sell the planes for.

While on the books they can give them any valuation they want. Once sold they have to post the

loss on there books. Big loss of face. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

They need a international budget airline like qantas has jetstar. Flying to australua with three full meals is a waiste. Can fly jetstar business class for the same price as there economy.

Not sure that's true in every case. I just priced a Jetstar ticket Melbourne-Bangkok for approximately $920 - that's after buying the extras to get some flexibility, meals, baggage etc. Buying an equivalent promotional ticket on TG (Q class) to CNX instead of BKK will cost me just over a hundred dollars more, gives me a better choice of flights, and CNX is my destination in Thailand anyway - I priced Jetstar to Bangkok because that's as far as they fly.

Whatever TG's faults, my airline of choice ain't Jetstar. Their so-called business class isn't much better than TG economy anyway.

Having said all of that ... Thai probably do need to get rid of some of their more disinterested staff, not just the planes that nobody else wants.

Thai is currently cheaper than Jet star Melb-CNX booked yesterday $850 return

Thai smile is their 3rd division. It is not a low cost airline. It is a targeted mid cost airline for domestic routes (14 A-320's) with 2 class seating.

Which was originally planned to fly regional routes IIRC, before the CEO & plan changed, before the first plane had even been delivered.

I've never really understood why Thai didn't just buy the planes which were better-suited to their needs, and use them as they are now doing, within the main airline, I suspect that it had something to do with hiring flight/cabin-crew at lower wage-rates.

Or perhaps the then-Board just felt the need, to be seen to be trying to do something, to fend-off Thai Air Asia and the others ?

Hold the phone.... The new Happiness State Airline (HSA) is coming soon. You MUST have fun and be a right wing nationalist to fly.

Great idea, this airline is destined to be simply the best, as no criticism will be allowed (as they are doing a tough job under demanding circumstances) and a financially sound business based on the fact nobody is allowed to look at their financial history or where they got their money from !!