Scams/Cons- Just Landed

Scams are relatively easy to avoid if you have some common sense and don't have "gullible farang" stamped on your forehead.

But if you're seeking a Thai woman, well....that's a whole another matter. Like someone's already said, you're really not that handsome. Just remember that.

People of limited intelligence consider anything they can't comprehend to be a scam.

If you frequently reply to emails concerning collection of your winnings in the Nigerian lottery, you'll probably fall victim to local scams here.

If you're allowed to cross busy streets without holding the hand of an adult, you should be safe in Thailand. One of the reasons posts here regarding scams often have typos is because the cascading drool from the poster makes the keyboard slippery ... not the only reason though.

charade-baby.jpg

The 14:00 - 17:00 alcohol sales ban scam actually only applies to tourists. If you state your immigration status and number of years you've been in Bangkok loudly, they are obligated to sell you these items. Make sure all of the cashiers can hear you so they too know you are an exception to the policy.

If someone knocks on your hotel door and tells you he is doing a survey and needs to see your bum.

don't show him your bum, its a scam!

I got caught like this and I felt so ashamed and cheated.

Ever considered to become a stand up comedian ?

I did once.. My first show, in a bar not many people there. I was on first so folk are still arriving.

I get going and in walks the past, then in comes the present, then, bold as brass, in walks the future.. It was tense!

• Like 2

Go to the bubble pack store on the way in from the Airport and the special price 900 baht taxi ride to your hotel ,

Probably want to stock up on tin foil hats too, they are on Aisle 3, ohh and mirrors to watch behind you are on aisle 7

Now you will be safe ,

Have a good time , report back if you survive your 2 weeks

• Like 1

Be very careful of the "losing your virginity" scam, or the "you will pay 1 tenth of your currency for a Mekong cruise" scam. If you are looking for a scam, go no further than your very friendly local travel agency....