No Confidentiality in Hospitals

Sawan Chan 7

Maybe choose a better hospital

That would work. One positive thing is that the whole thing cost me 60 baht.

At the local private hospital it would have been at least 2000 baht, possibly as much as 5000 baht.

So Im not complaining just wanting to discuss the lack if confidentiality.

Another thing, as I waited to see the doctor we were in a line and could hear everyones conversations as the door was left open.

You rekon the doctor had no clue,wrong drugs but you still went ahead a purchased them,but on the upside it only cost you 60 baht.

I know the doctor didn't have a clue, compared with Western-trained ones. He offered medicine that someone with my history can't take - not advanced medicine. I corrected him and suggested an alternative. To be fair, the doc didn't ask for my full history, like he should have. I have a history of drug abuse, although more tn 20 years ago.

I have a degree in psychology and have studied pharmacology myself for years.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the title of the post you can replace "hospitals" with "Thailand", it's annoying at hospitals, but also in banks, schools and even when dialing the wrong number.

But bet you that the higher ranking people do get their privacy here in hospitals, banks, etc. It's just not for the cattle class...

Never had a problem with Hospitals, Banks or Schools in Thailand. Must just be lucky

Me neither mate and not luck just normal. Those who would lump all hospitals, banks, schools and all Thais together because of one or two experiences are just Thai bashers.

And the so called thainess that the Thai haters rant on about is a lot of bull as well.

The OP details one experience at one hospital and translates that into a heading of "No Confidentiality in Hospitals" as in all hospitals.

How about no confidence in the one hospital where he went for treatment.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In the title of the post you can replace "hospitals" with "Thailand", it's annoying at hospitals, but also in banks, schools and even when dialing the wrong number.

But bet you that the higher ranking people do get their privacy here in hospitals, banks, etc. It's just not for the cattle class...

Never had a problem with Hospitals, Banks or Schools in Thailand. Must just be lucky

Me neither mate and not luck just normal. Those who would lump all hospitals, banks, schools and all Thais together because of one or two experiences are just Thai bashers.

And the so called thainess that the Thai haters rant on about is a lot of bull as well.

The OP details one experience at one hospital and translates that into a heading of "No Confidentiality in Hospitals" as in all hospitals.

I have been to probably over 100 hospitals in Thailand. My kids were all born at different ones and we've lived in 4 different cities. There's a lot of people reading this and trying to criticize me for the slightest thing. I apologize, I should have made the heading No Confidentiality in Thai Government hospitals.

But there was one private hospital in Hua Hin (San Paulo) which was terrible. I had a baby daughter that died, many years ago now, and I couldn't speak Thai very well. She was taken away to another hospital in an ambulance and when I tried to find out what was going on from the nurse station, they basically shouted at me in Thai - dead already, Not only is there lack of confidentiality but no telling of bad news in a professional manner. I could name many other instances in a variety of hospitals. I am certainly not a Thai basher and applied for Thai citizenship last year..

I have been to probably over 100 hospitals in Thailand. My kids were all born at different ones and we've lived in 4 different cities. There's a lot of people reading this and trying to criticize me for the slightest thing. I apologize, I should have made the heading No Confidentiality in Thai Government hospitals.

But there was one private hospital in Hua Hin (San Paulo) which was terrible. I had a baby daughter that died, many years ago now, and I couldn't speak Thai very well. She was taken away to another hospital in an ambulance and when I tried to find out what was going on from the nurse station, they basically shouted at me in Thai - dead already, Not only is there lack of confidentiality but no telling of bad news in a professional manner. I could name many other instances in a variety of hospitals. I am certainly not a Thai basher and applied for Thai citizenship last year..

I empathize with the above, losing a child is a very challenging ordeal. I was also told in a very unprofessional way.

Also, I was told by a doctor that my wife had a pulmonary embolism when she was 6 months pregnant with our 3rd child. Not told to sit down or anything like that - when I asked if it was serious, the doctor replied, "she's going to die" and walked away. .This was in a university hospital !

The biggest complaints I have had have actually been in Bamrungrad, where they are professional but very unethical - saying there was something wrong with the baby when there wasn't, just so they could get another 50,000 baht of me. Also, the need for me to take a friend who knew the great doctor from the RBSC and they did a little deal in order for us to get looked after properly or maybe given a bit of special treatment. Also the fact that a cesarean was given because the doc probably had a tee off time to keep to.