Dog Kidnapping

maccraw

Whoopee, another chance for the dog haters to come out and play.

Not dog haters, irresponsible dog owner haters.
See post #3.
Dogs don't yap if properly trained by responsible dog owners.

Can you help me with my yappy Yorkie! She goes crazy when the door bell rings...or a dog is on TV! She loves to watch TV....just waiting for the moment to bark. LOL

• Like 1

yet another irresponsible dog owner lets the dog out to shit outside someone else's home !!!

And in Pattaya/Jomtien that is a 500 baht fine if the dog owner doesn't clean it up.

Assuming you are not being facetious about all the dogs running round and … all over the place, please can you elaborate on where you got that information and how/where you have seen that information disseminated in Pattaya/Jontien? I have never heard of it and would like to know more.

Edited by MiKT

In my original post I did say that the dogs owner was away--just for an hour-{-and the dog got let out by accident} so to those posters who have assigned blame--this dog was loved and cared for until it was snatched up by criminals-- leaving weeping children .

yet another irresponsible dog owner lets the dog out to shit outside someone else's home !!!

And in Pattaya/Jomtien that is a 500 baht fine if the dog owner doesn't clean it up.

Assuming you are not being facetious about all the dogs running round and … all over the place, please can you elaborate on where you got that information and how/where you have seen that information disseminated in Pattaya/Jontien? I have never heard of it and would like to know more.

Visit Pattaya city vet at firehouse 3rd road. He has a leaflet stating all the rules.

• Like 1

See post #3.

Can you help me with my yappy Yorkie! She goes crazy when the door bell rings...or a dog is on TV! She loves to watch TV....just waiting for the moment to bark. LOL

Plenty of info available on the web. I don't have work permit for dog training.

^^^ Maccraw...

It does not matter how long the dogs owner was away for. What matters is that

the dog was allowed to get out of the house/condo...whatever...and onto the

street. The dog was stolen...not kidnapped...and this is very common in LOS

especially with small fluffy pedigree dogs of whatever breed.

It was the owners fault. Nobody elses.

So all the crying weeping children in the world are not going to be able to

get the dog returned...unless a miracle happens...and I kinda doubt that

will happen. The owner should fess up to the rest of the family and claim

fault then somehow make amends without immediately getting another dog

that will, most likely, meet the same fate in future. Unless the owner is

somehow trained in the responsibility of having a pet dog.

Many folks in LOS have dogs and haven't a clue how to care for them...

even down to proper daily feeding.

In my original post I did say that the dogs owner was away--just for an hour-{-and the dog got let out by accident} so to those posters who have assigned blame--this dog was loved and cared for until it was snatched up by criminals-- leaving weeping children .

How does a dog get let out by accident except by the front gate being opened. To open it, it would have to be unlocked. Do people not lock your car doors if unattended for an hour. Still irresponsible in my books. Dog left to chance that it could be let out.

• Like 1

Plenty of info available on the web. I don't have work permit for dog training.

I've tried. It ain't easy. Plus, she's a rescue dog. So has a few issues we have to deal with.

Craig...try this...When you sit to watch TV have her close by and do the positive reinforcement

thing...give her a gentle pat on the head and say NO! in a firm voice. Do this many times.

About the doorbell I haven't a clue however perhaps she's just stating her presence or warning

you folks somebody is at the door.

Google Cesar Milan and see what you come up with...email him...

• Like 1

Gosh, what would a person be doing in Thailand or even Asia with an delicate expensive rare dog? Pardon but dogs in this category are meant today for luxury condos in Manhattan clutched by bored matrons spending the early-dead husband's money.

Dogs for Thailand are taken up asap after seeing a soi dog mom give birth and let the little tyke get a few weeks growth. Soi dogs eat anything and live, present not a sliver of theft danger, and will love you actually long time. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I have lived here for many years now and have seen dogs thrown from speeding pick-ups;

Seen taxi drivers deliberately run animals down. I’ve been bitten and had the shots. I’ve seen the pack dogs attack cats and dogs. But I didn’t know that there is an on-going business in grabbing

Animals and selling them on. I posted originally to report an incident that I thought might be of interest, particularly to dog owners. It seems the main target is young ,small pedigree dogs –good price and easy to sell.

I like dogs but have never owned one here in Thailand but the little dog that has been taken[no “ransom” note as yet !] was a little cracker,non-stop tail wagger.

Got out when the housemaid opened the door to a caller and this dog, one of three, escaped . Maid followed—but only too late to stop the catch.

Some posters insist, a bit pompously I feel, that the animals owner was to blame. Not my view.

Please give me the number of the gang if you have it as there is a pathetic yapping thing opposite me that could do with being kidnapped. I would pay good money to have it misplaced.

I'd pay them good money to dognap the dog that is ruining the lives of many people. The next doors have had broken sleep for 5 months and they are thinking of selling since selfish renters moved in with an uncontrolled yapping dog. Appeals to the owners have fallen on deaf ears lest they lose their rent as well as their reputation.

See post #3.

Are you a responsible dog owner with a dog that doesn't bark?

Responsible...yes

Dog might bark once at somebody at the gate but then comes running inside to me to let me know somebody is at the gate and get her treat for doing so. Hardly annoying to neighbors.

I thought I read somewhere about a new law that said all dogs had to be chipped,vacinated, have a colar with ID tag and only be let out in public with the owner ( or someone responsible ) on the other end of a leash.

Sure, and I read prostitution is illegal.

If I owned a valuable dog I would make sure to mark it with a gps tracking device , with todays technology it's easy to find your car or smart phone so why not a dog ?

If I owned a valuable dog I would make sure to mark it with a gps tracking device , with todays technology it's easy to find your car or smart phone so why not a dog ?

GPS collar and tags are available but GPS microchips are something new only being patented a few months ago.

http://caninechronicle.com/health-training/worlds-first-implantable-microchip-for-pets-with-gps-tracking-patent-filed-by-escape-alert-llc/

Collars/tags would be useless for a stolen dog as it would be removed and dumped. GPS microchipping is the way forward but in Thailand?

Edited by Keesters