Motorcycle riding equipment - where to buy?

funlovinkid

I've finally decided to join the ranks of folks who ride larger bikes here in CM, and I figure the first step is to get some decent gear - like a good helmet, jacket, pants, etc. Afterward, I'll rent some larger bikes (650 - 800cc range) for a couple days at a time to get a feel for what kind of bike to buy. Can anyone make a recommendation for where is a good place to buy the riding gear? For what it's worth, I'm 184cm tall, and around 100 kilos.

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Most foreigners I know go to the shop called Helmets to Home. Very big selection of everything and reasonable prices. Its on Sridonchi road (That runs from the South East corner of the moat towards Chang Klan road (Pantip Plaza corner) Its on the left hand side and you'll see a lot of helmets outside. Its a real Aladdins cave.

Most foreigners I know go to the shop called Helmets to Home. Very big selection of everything and reasonable prices. Its on Sridonchi road (That runs from the South East corner of the moat towards Chang Klan road (Pantip Plaza corner) Its on the left hand side and you'll see a lot of helmets outside. Its a real Aladdins cave.

I'll second that recommendation. While it doesn't look like much from the outside, inside is a treasure trove of gear!. And if you can't find it inside, there is a 'sister' shop (I believe it's actually his sister running it,) on Chang Puak Rd, about 100m up from the moat on the right-hand side.

www.helmet2home.com

I was in there the other day and they have some decent Komine armoured mesh jackets.

As FolkGuitar says, dont be put off by a pretty bland exterior, there is a lot more on the inside, the better stuff being in the small glassed off area.

www.helmet2home.com

I was in there the other day and they have some decent Komine armoured mesh jackets.

As FolkGuitar says, dont be put off by a pretty bland exterior, there is a lot more on the inside, the better stuff being in the small glassed off area.

And do not forget to negotiate the price. It always works.

Yes on the shop recommended above. Lots of good stuff there. There is also a place in Pantip Plaza (ground floor) with higher quality international brands for helmets (Shoei, etc) and riding gear. But much more expensive. I may end buying rain gear there in the next month or so because I have just not been successful finding something that does not leak. I paid the 1700 Bt for the Japanese Taichi set (rain jacket and pants) at Helmuts to Home last year but its just not good enough. Leaks in the front of the jacket. At the place in Pantip they have a rain set for about 3500 Bt (I forget the name) and I may end up with that.

Also, if the OP ends up buying a Honda I hope that he posts his experience with the Big Wing dealer. Later this year I am likely to buy a larger bike there and I am interested in people's experiences with them.

Strange you had a problem with the Tachi rain set from H2H. I've got a set as have many other falangs I know and to date none of us has had problems as you suggested. Maybe your set was made on a Friday? Sorry to hear about that. But H2H is also very good in standing by their goods. Im sure they would listen to your concerns and possibly replace any faulty goods.

Up to you really.