Do you know...? getting married

tic-toc

Hi to all,  I soon have to make my first trip to the British Embassy in bangkok to pick up a document ( Affirmation of freedom to marry ) which on the same day i need to have it translated into Thai, The Embassy staff have told me that there are several translation services near the Embassy, ( but could not give me the names/tel No's ) can any one help with a name/ tel number of a translation service near ( or not ) to the Embassy...? ....  as i would like to contact a service be for getting to Bangkok..... THANK'S . Ps. has any one had any dealings with getting this affirmation of freedom to marry document, stamped at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs...?

Under normal circumstances, it takes two working days for the Embassy to issue a certificate for registration of marriage in Thailand. You will be charged a fee for the Embassy's assistance.

You should bring the certificate to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be verified as a true document issued by our Embassy.

The address of the Ministry is:

Legalisation

Department of Consular Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Chaeng Wattana Road

(close to the Communications Authority of Thailand)

Bangkok

Tel: 0-2250-3905 - 7

It usually takes a couple of days for the Ministry to verify a document. (same day with the envelope trick!)

When the certificate has been verified, you may register marriage at any District Office (amphur).

It's recommended that you register marriage in Bangkok, or in another larger city, as the district offices in the cities are more familiar with the embassies' certificates. You do not need to make an appointment in advance with the district office.

The amphur will charge you a small fee for the registration of marriage. Please note that you might also have to pay a small fee to the two marriage witnesses, if they are provided by the amphur.

After your marriage you can come back to the Embassy to have your Thai marriage certificate registered with your country's authorities.  

And apply for One year visa extension at the Immigration Bureau:)

Free from:

http://www.thaivisa.com/305.0.html

There is a place - I'm afraid I don't have the name or  address - but it is 25 meters from the major intersection closest to the British Embassy in Bangkok (on the opposite side of the road) – that offers official translations. The beauty of this place, run by a female lawyer, is that they offer a complete service, including marriage, for (3 years ago) 6,000 baht.

We couldn’t believe this either, but took a chance, as my visa had nearly expired. Low and behold, in for 3 hours, we were officially married and in possession of all the legal documents translated into English. They even paid our taxi fares to the local authority where we were married.

The true proof that everything was above board came when my wife received her visa, 2 weeks later, issued on the strength of these documents.