Serial rapist suspect retracts confession in Korat

webfact

Serial rapist suspect retracts confession

27-2-2558-10-59-17-wpcf_728x411.jpg

KORAT: -- The serial rapist suspect who was earlier arrested in Nakhon Ratchasima and confessed to serial rapes of elderly women in three central provinces yesterday retracted his statement that accused the police of beating him to confess.

There was no beating, Tawan Thongyim, a 35 year-old employee of an ice factory in Phimai district confirmed at a press conference at the police headquarters in Nakhon Ratchasima yesterday.

It was a misunderstanding, he said at a press conference.

He also said a bruise on the right side might be caused by lifting the ice.

Tawan earlier confessed to 10 serial rape cases in Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkram, and Nakhon Pathom provinces.

But he was later freed after DNA test didn’t match DNA that police collected from elderly victims.

The sudden release raised public suspicion of the police investigation, and questioned if he was beaten to make abrupt confession.

Tawan earlier said he was beaten to confess.

His family also said he was beaten.

In a plea to Channel 9 yesterday, the family publicly asked for fair treatment from the police.

In his disclosure to Channel 9, Tawan stated that police had physically assaulted him into admitting responsibility for the crime while he was still in state of shock and fear.

Tawan’s family members, who are poor farmers living in Lam Plai Mat district in Buriram province said Tawan was a good person who was devoted to his mother.

At the time only his siblings and relatives were at home while his 60 year mother was away working as a sugarcane cutter and she only found out about the arrest when one of her grandchildren had called her.

Mrs Taeng-on Khamphimoon, Tawan’s sister in law, said he told her that after he was beaten he was very afraid and had admitted to committing the crime. Furthermore, a cloth hood was place over his head as he was being led away and he couldn’t see out of it making him even more afraid.

“We are asking for him to be treated fairly as this case has been much publicised and well known across the country,” she said.

Pol. Lt. Gen. Phisan Juldidok, the commissioner of the 3rd Region Police Department, meanwhile, affirmed that there was no reason whatsoever for police officers to physically assault him.

He went on to relate that Tawan seemed to be in an unhealthy state of mind and kept going on and on about various matters.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/serial-rapist-suspect-retracts-confession

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-27

Nobody doubts what our police is saying.

They never tortured anybody to get a confession.

They never tortured the koh Tao Burmeese to confess.

In fact they treat all suspects with the best manner, offering them 5 star hotel treatment.

And the pigs keep flying and flying and flying all over Thailand.....are they ever going to land?

• Like 2

"Pol. Lt. Gen. Phisan Juldidok, the commissioner of the 3rd Region Police Department, meanwhile, affirmed that there was no reason whatsoever for police officers to physically assault him."

As the previous beatings were sufficient enough to terrify him into doing or saying whatever we require, with no further need to beat the crap out of him.

DNA proves he is not the rapist so his word that he was beaten into confessing is good enough for me unless the police have a video of his alleged confession.

When I first moved to Thailand I thought it was their Buddhist culture that made them confess so easily it didn't take long to find out the real reason.

Edited by barry51
  • Like 1

So good that pol. Gen. Phisan could tell us that there was no reason for police to physically assault him. What about trying to scare him to confess. Or maybe their desire to find the killer and end this case.

Why would this man confess if he didn't do it unless some form of coercion was used since he is apparently not the killer since his DNA didn't match.

• Like 1

So good that pol. Gen. Phisan could tell us that there was no reason for police to physically assault him. What about trying to scare him to confess. Or maybe their desire to find the killer and end this case.

Why would this man confess if he didn't do it unless some form of coercion was used since he is apparently not the killer since his DNA didn't match.

Have you spotted the difference between this case and the 2 Burmese Koh Tao murderers? No!!

Well, their DNA was found inside Hannah which makes them appear, like Hannah's family now suspect (having seen the evidence), that these 2 angelic assassins did rape and kill her and kill David!!!

I can't wait for the court case in July to see justice metered out on them.

Hmmm....he and his family have been given enough money for him to change his story. Seen something similar happen not far away from us locally two years ago when every villager knew a poor scroat had been beaten shitless to confess to something he never did. A week later the real culprit was caught and the other poor scroat was given 5,000 Baht to stay silent...result; massive piss-up in the village and everyone forgets what happened in one night !

It was misunderstanding I showed him my new billy club he thought it was chicken leg and keep running his face in to face. So when he said face hurt I remember My buddhist training and smacked his ribs to get him to forget pain in face then he confess to rapes even though his DNA not match. But no problem we are at the ready to tune up more suspect's Also said he shot Kennedy and Jimmy Hoffa.

They don't torture

They get him to sign blank unfilled out papers just like the Bank does and the Local Government.

Then they fill in the blanks

Pretty easy really.

And as well they threaten that sh.t is gonna happen, but thats not torture ....!

In fact they treat all suspects with the best manner, offering them 5 star hotel treatment.

And the pigs keep flying and flying and flying all over Thailand.....are they ever going to land?

A confession alone should never be sufficient to convict a person.

The RTP are too quick to pass on half baked facts to the press and then end up changing the story 6 times. They also seem to have difficulty in

sorting out DNA. The 2 Burmese boys were cleared at one time then I presume daddy bar owner said that if these boys cleared then my son in trouble !!!!!

Thai law is not too different to UK law (that is until the judges are involved) so ALL confessions made while being interrogated should be taped.

A confession alone should never be sufficient to convict a person.

The RTP are too quick to pass on half baked facts to the press and then end up changing the story 6 times. They also seem to have difficulty in

sorting out DNA. The 2 Burmese boys were cleared at one time then I presume daddy bar owner said that if these boys cleared then my son in trouble !!!!!

Thai law is not too different to UK law (that is until the judges are involved) so ALL confessions made while being interrogated should be taped.

It is totally different, and no comparison what so ever