What has surprised you in Thailand?

garrya

Nothing in your post I disagree with other than driving in BKK, but it wasn't too bad at first, I didn't think driving in Songkhla was too bad. Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt?

I don't know. Bangkok looks fast but organised. In Hatyai is like a disturbed ant-hill. Left, right, slow, fast, run red lights, double and triple parking, no lights at night etc. I enjoyed driving in Bangkok. I know many people who bought their licences instead of taking a test.

• Like 1

Nothing in your post I disagree with other than driving in BKK, but it wasn't too bad at first, I didn't think driving in Songkhla was too bad. Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt?

I don't know. Bangkok looks fast but organised. In Hatyai is like a disturbed ant-hill. Left, right, slow, fast, run red lights, double and triple parking, no lights at night etc. I enjoyed driving in Bangkok. I know many people who bought their licences instead of taking a test.

I think once you get used to driving in Thailand, nowhere is really that bad, when I first started driving myself in Thailand 14 years ago, the prospect of driving in BKK used to really "scare" the shit out of me, now nothing bothers me anymore as regards driving and i have driven country wide

what has surprised me over the years is the number of completely dysfunctional foreigners who are living in the country,

yeah everywhere I have worked in "foreign" countries, you get the odd 1 or 2 nut jobs who have arrived on a banana boat, but Thailand must the be the regional hub for "broken"/disturbed/dysfunctional foreigners. there many who should be in padded cells for their own protection.

and then we have the another demographic of those who have have never traveled outside their own country until the prospect of a cheap available women grew too strong for them and they up root themselves and transplant themselves to Nakon Nowhere shacked up with some bint,with splayed toes and a trick pelvis who gave them the goo goo eyes and promised to love them long time and they are absolutely clueless

Where exactly do you meet these completely dysfunctional foreigners, and what are you doing in those places?

Maybe he's a teacher...

• Like 2

what has surprised me over the years is the number of completely dysfunctional foreigners who are living in the country,

yeah everywhere I have worked in "foreign" countries, you get the odd 1 or 2 nut jobs who have arrived on a banana boat, but Thailand must the be the regional hub for "broken"/disturbed/dysfunctional foreigners. there many who should be in padded cells for their own protection.

and then we have the another demographic of those who have have never traveled outside their own country until the prospect of a cheap available women grew too strong for them and they up root themselves and transplant themselves to Nakon Nowhere shacked up with some bint,with splayed toes and a trick pelvis who gave them the goo goo eyes and promised to love them long time and they are absolutely clueless

Where exactly do you meet these completely dysfunctional foreigners, and what are you doing in those places?

Dear boy, one only has to open ones eyes in many public places in the major population centers in the country, to see this.

unless of course you live in Nakom Nowhere per the second demographic and you would be forgiven for not seeing this

BOY????????? You call me BOY????????

Are you suggesting that I am from Africa?

<deleted>

I have lived in BKK, Bangsaen and Chanthaburi, but obviously never frequented the places where you hang around.

• Like 1

Maybe he's a teacher...

and maybe he is not your honor wink.png

I have been here for 18 months not that long compare to many. But unlike many that have been here far longer than me, I have my eyes open.

LOS land of smiles ..... what a joke that is. I don't like Thai people. Used to think they were wonderful, but the rose tinted glasses fell off.

Show the dollar bill and you are special. Keep it in your pocket, you are scum.

• Like 1

I have been here for 18 months not that long compare to many. But unlike many that have been here far longer than me, I have my eyes open.

LOS land of smiles ..... what a joke that is. I don't like Thai people. Used to think they were wonderful, but the rose tinted glasses fell off.

at least your honest bert, but it begs the question what ya still doing here if you don't like Thai people and this is a serious question

I'm on my way back to England in May. The 2 or 3 week holiday experience didn't translate into a life style.

• Like 1

I think once you get used to driving in Thailand, nowhere is really that bad, when I first started driving myself in Thailand 14 years ago, the prospect of driving in BKK used to really "scare" the shit out of me, now nothing bothers me anymore as regards driving and i have driven country wide

I still hate driving in BKK. I don't mind riding a bike there.

Thanks for your honesty! I understand you better now!

Thanks for your honesty! I understand you better now!

Seriously. Wanting people jailed for life or hung so others can carry on doing what they do!

That has nothing to do with being Thai, that is just pure evil.

If you cant trust the police who can you trust ?

• Like 1

Meanwhile, back to topic.

What has surprised me in Thailand is the bitterness of expats on this forum.

quite, I am surprised at the open and balatant racism displayed on this forum by some members

Not just racism, but bashing of any people of any country which is not their own home country. That's right before they start bashing their home country. Bitter.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, back to topic.

What has surprised me in Thailand is the bitterness of expats on this forum.

quite, I am surprised at the open and balatant racism displayed on this forum by some members

Not just racism, but bashing of any people of any country which is not their own home country. That's right before they start bashing their home country. Bitter.

Neversure, I think / hope that you did not understand the baiting in Soutpeel's post.

• Like 1