True Outgoing Mail Server

qualtrough

Since last night (8/25 from evening onwards) I have been unable to send mail on my Truemail account. I can read incoming, but no outgoing. I didn't change or mess with any of my setttings. I just called True, and whereas formally you could talk to a human, now I get a garbled message instructing me to enter my number for callback. Second time I called I got a busy system, which is a first. I suspect something is up, but would like to hear if anyone else is in the same boat.

Yes, same problem. true's smtp server was down part of last night; it cleared up about 10pm. This happens on occasion. I have given up trying to report such problems. Even if I can get to a live person which seems just about impossible these days, they don't have the slightest idea what I am talking about. Sending an email to their support usually results in no acknowledgement at all and when their smtp server is down I can't even do that. So now I just let them sort things out on their own unless a problem goes over a couple days.

You may want to try QK SMTP Server as a backup, runs on your own machine. There are several free SMTP servers available for download, Mr Google is your friend.

I used to use it a lot whilst travelling but since discovering that the KSC outgoing server is happy to accept connections from outside KSC's network I've not needed it.

Be aware though that some ISPs block incoming mail from dynamic IP addresses so your mail may not get to all recipients.

Thanks Crossy and Coder. I have not had ocassion to contact True for some time, but their customer service seems to have deteriorated. I used to be able to speak with people who could ocassionally fix the problem. Hope this clears up soon. I can use Web mail to send, but that is annoying.

Same here, I haven't been able to send emails from my truemail account since yesterday evening. Everything seems to be working now. God, I'd wish I could sleep when these things happen :o

Edited by alexth

I am probably telling you what you already know, but just in case,--you can log into and use your e-mail account as Web mail by visiting the True site. I was able to use that to send mail while the SMTP server was down for outgoing mail.

I am probably telling you what you already know, but just in case,--you can log into and use your e-mail account as Web mail by visiting the True site. I was able to use that to send mail while the SMTP server was down for outgoing mail.

That's what I did, surprisingly I made a test and sent an email test to my yahoo address and it went into the bulk folder :o