Changes to 'Married to Thai' visa extensions at Jomtien Immigration.

Jaochoo

Did my 6th renewal of marriage extension at Jomtien this week. We took a witness along, but they didn't want to talk with him. When we asked why, we were told that they were not concerned about a witness as we had provided our house book showing that I owned the condo, and my wife ( and her Thai daughter) are also in the book, and my wife's ID card has the same address.

• 1 month later...

gdaya folks

today i went to jointiem immi office to my second application filed for marriage extention of stay based on marriage to a thai subject :

1. arrival 13.00 hours out 13.29 hour passport stamped .

2. I wish to express my gratitude @ apprasa to the very friendly , very supportive , very swift and very professional service of the female Immigration officers at counter 6 !!!!!! AAA !!!!!

3. I confirm witness with housebook pattaya needed.

wbr

roobaa01

Sadly, even if you are married to a Thai woman for 40+ years and bring up your children and grandchildren here, put them through school and university, pay your taxes, support your community, contribute to Thai charities, love the King, and never break the law - you will still have to report to immigration every 90 days and apply for an extension of stay every 12 months and be subject to any and all new requirements or local interpretations of the regulations.

Sorry, I strayed from the topic.

If you cut out the Thai societal assimilation and blind adulation bit, you will find it much easier to keep on topic.