Prayut remains favourite choice as PM

Lite Beer

He's done a great job as a general, but his lack of political knowledge makes me sway more towards Abhisit. Abhisit has been to Cambridge and knows Boris Johnson, Prayut is a military man not a politician. I vote Abhisit, if I had a vote that is.

"Abhisit has been to Cambridge and knows Boris Johnson," - you seem to be the master of the benighted reply....do you seriously think that being part of the right-wing elite at Oxford is a good reference?

Boris " "I'm not particularly interested in this civil liberties stuff" Johnson

or

Abhisit who was for a while the US's darling soon fell foul on his own abuse of civil rights whilst PM appointed by the last junta. Unable ever to win an election, he is by-and-large a patsy of the military and their sponsor

• Like 1

PM bans all polls that do not show the government in a favorable light. Next poll published shows that the PM and government have overwhelming support.

Really?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What a surprise......

This again shows that Prayut is putting the people first by not having an election that will legitimize his position in the eyes of the west.

If he did have an election under martial law knowing he would win some (7% of Thai's and 8 falangs on TVF) would think it was rigged for him to win. If he had an election that was not under martial law knowing he would win the 7%'s would be out terrorizing, burning and killing again.

So for Prayut to know that he would win the next election and still hold off to allow reforms to pave the way to a peaceful sustainable democracy shows that he is truly heralding the voice of the majority and which is reflected in these polls today.

Is this one for real?
He is just in love

The current pm's party will win the next election. He and his many military government appointees will not want to relinquish power.

He will form/join a party.It will be the party that will win as the "reforms" will have seen to that.Be a few year before we see an election that would pass muster.

• Like 1

The current pm's party will win the next election. He and his many military government appointees will not want to relinquish power.

He will form/join a party.It will be the party that will win as the "reforms" will have seen to that.Be a few year before we see an election that would pass muster.

very true

It also seems that some posters don't realise what happened in the 2 years before the coup or WHY is was happening or who may or may not have been behind it

The coup was staged to end the deep division's in Thai society and bring about a solution to this problem through reform of the current Democratic system, thereby instilling peace, harmony and bringing happiness to the people.

Or, the coup was staged to boot out Mr T's political influence in LOS

It also seems that some posters don't realise what happened in the 2 years before the coup or WHY is was happening or who may or may not have been behind it

The coup was staged to end the deep division's in Thai society and bring about a solution to this problem through reform of the current Democratic system, thereby instilling peace, harmony and bringing happiness to the people.

Or, the coup was staged to boot out Mr T's political influence in LOS

QED

Since no negative polls are allowed, are we to be surprised by this news?

Given a truly democratic choice in an open election the red shirts by any name (since Pheu Thai is outlawed) would win.

Typically the economic elite will control any thing resembling an election.

Given a truly democratic choice in an open election the red shirts by any name (since Pheu Thai is outlawed) would win.

Have the PTP been disbanded? That's the first I've heard if this won't make any difference as nobody can canvass any elections at present anyway, and the Reds will just reinvent themselves when the time comes anyway.

Have the PTP been disbanded? That's the first I've heard if this won't make any difference as nobody can canvass any elections at present anyway, and the Reds will just reinvent themselves when the time comes anyway.

There is no opposition allowed at present in Thailand....banned or not.

the solution for national happiness

follow the rules

only publish positive poll results

only survey individuals who passed attitude adjustment programs

Might be how it works now: make poll outside attitude adjustment center...

Survey them when they go out for some proper good pool results: perfect audience clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Hey you general-bashers. Why not write down what the General is doing wrong?

We need arguments gentlemen.

I would love to...but my visa and work- permit can be revoked at any time.

But: does "freedom of speech" ring a bell?

For example?!

Kim is favorite in N.Korea...

It helps when his is the only name on the ballot, and the officials check the name on every vote.

Democratic Republic of North Korea

Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

• Like 1

For example?!

If your workpermit gets revoked because you wrote what the General is doing wrong (in your opinion) then we will read that somewhere and come to help you. Don't stress baby.

You can write like, i wished the General did ...... or ..... . He's a normal guy so he won't kick you out for that. Maybe he even agree's with you and it will be tomorrows news.

Who cares if he's not elected. Elections in Thailand don't work, didn't you see that? It almost became a war and that's over now.

Now this guy is doing the big cleanup and i'm happy he's doing it.

A comment like this shows just how little somepeople understand the current situation - why don't you just read the TV's own guidelines and that should at least give you an inkling.

i can't understand how people can come to these discussions with so little knowledge of what is actually happening around them.

• Like 2

For example?!

If your workpermit gets revoked because you wrote what the General is doing wrong (in your opinion) then we will read that somewhere and come to help you. Don't stress baby.

You can write like, i wished the General did ...... or ..... . He's a normal guy so he won't kick you out for that. Maybe he even agree's with you and it will be tomorrows news.

Who cares if he's not elected. Elections in Thailand don't work, didn't you see that? It almost became a war and that's over now.

Now this guy is doing the big cleanup and i'm happy he's doing it.

you don't even seem to have the vaguest idea of the history of events here. I bet you are one of those poor people who thinks this is a Red/Yellow thing or that Thaksin is the cause....... get up to speed and then come back to the discussion.

Edited by cumgranosalum
  • Like 1

I shouldn't say this, but I don't trust any Thai polls, neither Nida or Bangkok.

In fact I don't trust Thai people answering to any polls.

As about if Prayut is good or not to remain as a Prime Minister, time will show.

Up to now, generally he's done all right, can't find many things to blame him for.

But now he is entering the hard stage of his political career.

The honeymoon is over, either he delivers and changes the wrongdoings of the previous governments or declare elections and let Thailand return to the previous shambles of Democracy.

We have to wait and see........not for very long, I hope.

Wooaaw Costas , a clear and good answer for ones.....

Time will show for sure, let's only hope that he stop populist governing, because that's what he is doing on a daily base, easy to win votes.

If he really want's to show the coup was to bring changes, he would not be a candidate in any election.....

This again shows that Prayut is putting the people first by not having an election that will legitimize his position in the eyes of the west.

If he did have an election under martial law knowing he would win some (7% of Thai's and 8 falangs on TVF) would think it was rigged for him to win. If he had an election that was not under martial law knowing he would win the 7%'s would be out terrorizing, burning and killing again.

So for Prayut to know that he would win the next election and still hold off to allow reforms to pave the way to a peaceful sustainable democracy shows that he is truly heralding the voice of the majority and which is reflected in these polls today.

You are awfully close to the general or just vicariously Impaired either In thought process or prose.

a strong contender for the most biased survey ever conducted in the history of mankind! perhaps the respondents prefer the awesome general because he keeps all the clowns (Yingluck, Abhisit, Suthep, etc) almost non-existent.

He's done a great job as a general, but his lack of political knowledge makes me sway more towards Abhisit. Abhisit has been to Cambridge and knows Boris Johnson, Prayut is a military man not a politician. I vote Abhisit, if I had a vote that is.

I agree, if i am going to be cheated i want to be cheated by someone with class