Pigeon Proof Netting for Balcony Air Con

BodhiBum

Does anyone know who in Pattaya does the installation of that green netting around the balcony aircon units to keep the pigeons from roosting and making a mess of your balcony? I see hundreds of them all around town, but I've been looking for years now and can't find anyone that installs these. I've checked with most of the aircon cleaning companies but no luck, and they don't know either. Any help /contact on who installs these things would be appreciated.

Also, any suggestions for a cleaning company that wouldn't shirk from shovelling out half a foot of pigeon poop off a balcony would be great as well.

I would have thought so as well. But I've asked a few handymen types, and answer has always been no. Any good handymen suggestions though would be useful and appreciated.

Surprising.

The handymen ("technicians") in my condo building could handle both jobs, but of course they only work in the building. Sorry.

Don't know if this would help, but the guy a few doors down from us had a problem with pigeons, bought a plastic statue of an owl about to take flight, and mounted it on the balcony railing - no more pigeons.

Someone also mentioned here a while back that a rubber snake from the toy section in Big C, Tesco, etc, will also do the trick....

• Like 2

Don't know if this would help, but the guy a few doors down from us had a problem with pigeons, bought a plastic statue of an owl about to take flight, and mounted it on the balcony railing - no more pigeons.

Someone also mentioned here a while back that a rubber snake from the toy section in Big C, Tesco, etc, will also do the trick....

They will come back soon

This works only for a short time.

Even bird brains only get fooled for so long.

you can move it around once a week, might work !!!

but think they will still come back at some point.

Edited by onemorechang

Those pigeons can be a real pain.

One of our bedrooms in the house has a small balcony and a pigeon pair found out that this is a perfect home for them.

Bird shit all over the place, kilos of it, disgusting man.

I got so feed up with it that we had the balcony fenced off with wooden planks, we don't use it anyway.

This is off course not suitable for a condo balcony.

I've been dealing with these pigeons for going on four years now ever since one family decided to take up residence. I've tried the rubber snake, they just used it to snuggle up to. The CDs didn't make a difference. Bought a door mat from Homepro and stuck it full of nails and laid it on top of the aircon unit, and they somehow managed to flatten the nails out and roost between the nails. The only option appears to be buying that green meshing I've seen people using to enclose the aircon compressor. But can't seem to find anyone willing to get up on a ladder on a balcony to rig the thing up.

Dasio,the Japanese ,everything 60 bht novelty store up here in Chiang Mai has

(maybe have in Pattaya) strips of plastic spikes ,stick them where the birds

roost and the cannot land on the spikes, much more aesthetic than having

netting put up.

regards Worgeordie