PM orders speeding up of bus stations’ toilet renovations

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha wants renovations of toilet rooms at bus terminations nationwide to be sped up, Transport Minister ACM Prajin Juntong said.

Earlier, the Transport Company, the state enterprise assigned by the Land Transport Department to operate bus terminals, promised to make toilet rooms hygienic and to stop collecting fees.

However, Prayut saw that the plan was implemented too slowly, Prajin said.

As a result, Prajin said he has instructed the Land Transport Department and the Transport Company to speed up the toilet room renovation by making them safe and hygienic to the same standard with those at PTT Plc’s petrol stations.

Prajin said he also instructed the two agencies to make sure that the collection of fees for toilet usage at bus terminals be stopped s as soon as possible.

Deputy Transport Minister Akom Termpitayapaisit said Prayut wanted toilet rooms at bus stations to be free service to the people.

But Akom said the bus stations in provinces have already been transferred to local administrations.

“It has been found that after the stations have been transferred to them, they have not renovated or developed the stations and the toilet rooms,” Akom said.

He said some local administrations auctioned services of toilet rooms and foods shops to private firms and they have not controlled the quality of the services.

Akom said the Land Transport Department has been assigned to survey bus stations nationwide so that the government will allocate budget to the local administrations for renovating the stations and toilet rooms if they have no budget.

Deputy Permanent Secretary for Transport Pongchai Kasemthaweesak said the Transport Co is now in charge of six stations – the Morchit Terminal and Ekkamai Terminal and four others in Suphan Buri, Phetchabun’s Lomsak district, and Surat Thani.

Paying the 2baht fee is not a problem with me if its spent on cleaning and maintenance as stated on the sign at the entrance but in most cases it obviously just goes in the back pocket, I'm certain that this is the case at Chiang Mai's main bus station.

Edited by harada
  • Like 1

Which bus station wins the lemon price? Pitsanulok: big cockroaches in some urinals and all over the place!

On a trip from Mochit to Nan, the bus had no toilet and wouldn't stop for 5:40 hours. That was almost unbearable...

Does the PM ever delegate or does everything need his personal order, direction or approval. ?

Don’t wake up a sleeping lion. you may not want to know what he is up to when he has more time to focus on other things…

• Like 1

Does the PM ever delegate or does everything need his personal order, direction or approval. ?

Seems as though he does if you bother to read the OP. In this case he has delegated the job to The Transport Company and the Land Transport Company:-

"As a result, Prajin said he has instructed the Land Transport Department and the Transport Company to speed up the toilet room renovation by making them safe and hygienic to the same standard with those at PTT Plc’s petrol stations.

Prajin said he also instructed the two agencies to make sure that the collection of fees for toilet usage at bus terminals be stopped s as soon as possible."
  • Like 1

Seems as though he does if you bother to read the OP. In this case he has delegated the job to The Transport Company and the Land Transport Company:-

"As a result, Prajin said he has instructed the Land Transport Department and the Transport Company to speed up the toilet room renovation by making them safe and hygienic to the same standard with those at PTT Plc’s petrol stations.

Prajin said he also instructed the two agencies to make sure that the collection of fees for toilet usage at bus terminals be stopped s as soon as possible."

As another poster inquired, does he take direct responsibility for toilet cleanup or does he plan to delegate this in the future?

As he did delegate this job (you and you fellow bashers chose to ignore that part of the report) isn't it fairly safe to assume that he'll delegate in the future?

• Like 1

This is typical of the way things USED to be in Thailand, and are no longer. An order is given, in this case to clean up the toilets, and, Thai-style, nothing happens. The PM is making sure that it does - no ifs, no buts, just do it. Great stuff. More of it, please.

• Like 2

Shame the Prime Minister of a country must get involved (or wants to get involved) in bus station toilets. Seems a prime minister's time should be focused towards more important issues. Oh well.

• Like 1

Which bus station wins the lemon price? Pitsanulok: big cockroaches in some urinals and all over the place!

On a trip from Mochit to Nan, the bus had no toilet and wouldn't stop for 5:40 hours. That was almost unbearable...

It's 36/7C in Buriram today and I have unfortunately just been for a P in the bus station loo. Nominated for dirty floors, lime scale and stench. I had no coins and the lady gave me 1x50 Baht note and 47 Baht in 10/5 &1 Baht coins!

Shame the Prime Minister of a country must get involved (or wants to get involved) in bus station toilets. Seems a prime minister's time should be focused towards more important issues. Oh well.

But at least he is taking on the "big jobbies", this government, clearly, takes "Ni Sh1t" from anyone.

It has to be said that the general hygiene and cleanliness of the majority of Thai public toilets is probably as low as it can be . Very often they are not

maintained or cleaned on a daily basis and are in a disgusting state ( won't go into details as I am sure you have seen the same as me ) also with broken bum

guns , door hinges and locks , also no soap tissues or towels ( sorry, sometimes have filthy multi purpose towels that I would not touch with yours ) . BTW I have

seen similar standards in small businesses and even on army golf courses .And yet I have occasionally seen the facilities at a decent and sometimes
impressive standard .If I am eating at a restaurant or even snacking at a bar before ordering I will inspect the rest rooms, as if they are not clean I will not eat
there .What do you think the out of sight kitchens will be like and the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen staff . Farang owned facilities are generally good
most of the time , yet I have sometimes seen these slip when the boss is away