Capital punishment concerns raised over Thai backpackers' murder case

webfact

rtp

What fact? That Miller fought with his attackers?, that is not a fact, that is speculation.

If you can stop treating speculation and your own opinion (as in "David was killed by a hoe that has been discredited as his murder weapon") as facts and evidence as "evidence" then maybe you'll have a chance of actually being objective about the case.

RTP report plus autopsy report, re the cuts - or are those speculations? Or was Miller just standing there?

Being objective is being open-minded enough to question both sides of an 'argument'. In all of your posts on here, you've done nothing other than trying to discredit others' opinions.

Which means you're in denial. In denial that the RTP cannot be wrong, that their assertions cannot be faulty, that their case against the suspects cannot be questioned, that their evidence is factual and fool-proof. When you can accept that other opinions have validity, you're on your way to being objective.

And if you think I do not have any doubts as to the B2's innocence/non involvement, you're wrong again. However, as you've never raised any of those issues, I feel disinclined to relate any.

If I discredit your opinion is because there's no credibility behind it. You claim something, can't back it up with facts, then what credibility is there to support it?

Case in point:

"RTP report plus autopsy report, re the cuts - or are those speculations? Or was Miller just standing there?"

Have seen the autopsy report that states, as a fact, that he defended himself during the attack?

Because I am certain that you are just repeating speculation and re-branding it as fact.

"Which means you're in denial. In denial that the RTP cannot be wrong, that their assertions cannot be faulty, that their case against the suspects cannot be questioned, that their evidence is factual and fool-proof. When you can accept that other opinions have validity, you're on your way to being objective."

If your opinion is that something is a fact when it is not, then your opinion doesn't have validity, if you can't see it, it is not me who is in denial.

All the "Truth and Justice" league should take the time to put their theories through Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit:

1. How reliable is the source of the claim?

2. Does the source make similar claims?

3. Have the claims been verified by somebody else?

4. Does this fit with the way the world works?

5. Has anyone tried to disprove the claim?

6. Where does the preponderance of the evidence point?

7. Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?

8. Is the claimant providing positive evidence?

9. Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory?

10. Are personal beliefs driving the claim?

I had, and the result is: Baloney.

• Like 1

So how did David get a fractured skull? If he was hit with the hoe, wouldn't it have left some blood? Wouldn't there be some DNA?

The re-enactment did not feature the "other" "sharp" "metal" weapon mentioned by police that was used to inflict the "deep cut" in David's neck and lacerations all over his face, skull, and shoulders, which obviously he sustained during a fight with someone. There was no fight re-enactment.

How can the prosecution case be taken seriously without any evidence?

How can two young men be convicted of murder and sent to their deaths without any proof that they did this?

Two bodies next to each other are evidence, a murder weapon is evidence, DNA from rape in one of the bodies is evidence, belongings of one of the deceased in possession of the suspects is evidence, witness, DNA in objects and CCTV video placing the suspects in the area of the murders, at the approximate time of the murders is evidence, etc, etc...

Saying there is no evidence is false, plain and simple.

If that evidence constitutes proof is up to the judge to decide, not some people that would rather ignore actual evidence in favour of fanciful speculation.

Were the bodies found next to each other?

What is the murder weapon for David?

Where is the evidence Hannah was actually raped?

Where is the hard evidence belongings of one of the deceased were actually in possession of the suspects?

Where is the CCTV evidence that places the B2 in the area of the murders at the approximate time of the murders? I am particularly keen for enlightenment on this last point as it certainly seems that you have been privy to CCTV that the rest of the posters on here have not.

In fact some of the statements AleG made are laughable. The bodies were found next to each other even more so than the CCTV footage,

I seem to recall David having his lungs full of water because he had been dragged into the sea.

But never let BS get in the way of a good story.

• Like 2

Two bodies next to each other are evidence, a murder weapon is evidence, DNA from rape in one of the bodies is evidence, belongings of one of the deceased in possession of the suspects is evidence, witness, DNA in objects and CCTV video placing the suspects in the area of the murders, at the approximate time of the murders is evidence, etc, etc...

If that evidence constitutes proof is up to the judge to decide, not some people that would rather ignore actual evidence in favour of fanciful speculation.

Were the bodies found next to each other?

What is the murder weapon for David?

Where is the evidence Hannah was actually raped?

Where is the hard evidence belongings of one of the deceased were actually in possession of the suspects?

Where is the CCTV evidence that places the B2 in the area of the murders at the approximate time of the murders? I am particularly keen for enlightenment on this last point as it certainly seems that you have been privy to CCTV that the rest of the posters on here have not.

By your first question I can tell that you are being deliberately disingenuous, I don't bother dealing with that kind of beheaviour.

I wonder if the prosecution will make similar replies to questions as above ^^ deflection may not work in court

Nope, the prosecution won't make a mistake in the wording.

The defense won't be using the conspiracy theorists' arguments either, as conspiracy theories won't work in court either.

I wonder if the prosecution will make similar replies to questions as above ^^ deflection may not work in court

I don't know, are you going to resort to that sort of disingenuous beheaviour at court?

• Like 1

Ummm, like CCTV evidence showing Nomsod walking fast and looking paranoid at 4.59 am on Monday morning, meters from the crime?

You still don't understand that your biased opinion does not constitute evidence of anything but your own biases.

Edited by AleG
  • Like 1

I don't know, are you going to resort to that sort of disingenuous beheaviour at court?

I'm not going to court so I'm not sure what on earth your talking about and what on earth its got to do with my post, deflection however was something to do with it, but I see you deflect that again

• Like 2

stephenterry, on 19 Mar 2015 - 04:37, said:stephenterry, on 19 Mar 2015 - 04:37, said:
IslandLover, on 19 Mar 2015 - 03:44, said:IslandLover, on 19 Mar 2015 - 03:44, said:
seahorse, on 19 Mar 2015 - 02:34, said:seahorse, on 19 Mar 2015 - 02:34, said:seahorse, on 19 Mar 2015 - 02:34, said:

So how did David get a fractured skull? If he was hit with the hoe, wouldn't it have left some blood? Wouldn't there be some DNA?

The re-enactment did not feature the "other" "sharp" "metal" weapon mentioned by police that was used to inflict the "deep cut" in David's neck and lacerations all over his face, skull, and shoulders, which obviously he sustained during a fight with someone. There was no fight re-enactment.

How can the prosecution case be taken seriously without any evidence?

How can two young men be convicted of murder and sent to their deaths without any proof that they did this?

Several reports stated that David had wounds on his hands which would indicate that he fought with his attackers. This was NOT represented in the farcical reenactment.

Why let facts spoil a good police theory? You'll want us to believe David was killed by a hoe that has been discredited as his murder weapon, next.

The whole point is I DO NOT think David was battered and killed by the hoe that was used on Hannah. The RTP themselves said David's wounds to his hands indicated he fought with his attackers (also according to the autopsy report if I remember correctly). This fact seems to have been conveniently forgotten by the RTP. The reenactment was entirely based on the "confessions" (later retracted) of the B2. There is no way they could have killed David in the manner suggested by the reenactment when most of his wounds were so obviously knife wounds. The actual cause of death was drowning according to the Thais.

Just to draw on a report for that Islandlover,

Koh Tao, Thailand: Hannah Witheridge 'Not Raped' and David Miller 'Struggled' Before He Died

tests performed by the Police Hospital's Institute of Forensic Medicine have revealed she appeared to have engaged in consensual "sexual relations" before her death.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/koh-tao-thailand-hannah-witheridge-not-raped-david-miller-struggled-before-he-died-1465844

Actually there's a much better report on this on the AD website but not allowed to link to it from the 17th Sept

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

If I discredit your opinion is because there's no credibility behind it. You claim something, can't back it up with facts, then what credibility is there to support it?

Case in point:

"RTP report plus autopsy report, re the cuts - or are those speculations? Or was Miller just standing there?"

Have seen the autopsy report that states, as a fact, that he defended himself during the attack?

Because I am certain that you are just repeating speculation and re-branding it as fact.

"Which means you're in denial. In denial that the RTP cannot be wrong, that their assertions cannot be faulty, that their case against the suspects cannot be questioned, that their evidence is factual and fool-proof. When you can accept that other opinions have validity, you're on your way to being objective."

If your opinion is that something is a fact when it is not, then your opinion doesn't have validity, if you can't see it, it is not me who is in denial.

All the "Truth and Justice" league should take the time to put their theories through Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit:

1. How reliable is the source of the claim?

2. Does the source make similar claims?

3. Have the claims been verified by somebody else?

4. Does this fit with the way the world works?

5. Has anyone tried to disprove the claim?

6. Where does the preponderance of the evidence point?

7. Is the claimant playing by the rules of science?

8. Is the claimant providing positive evidence?

9. Does the new theory account for as many phenomena as the old theory?

10. Are personal beliefs driving the claim?

I had, and the result is: Baloney.

Hmmm... I dunno if this kit may be rigged to give the same answer every time, because I just tried running the whole theory that the 2 Burmese lads may be guilty through it and got the same answer as you. I then tried running just the DNA match to the defendants through it and got the same answer again.

Are you sure that's the genuine detection kit and not a fake? I thought the genuine kit had a hyphen in the name somewhere...

• Like 2

I just watched the movie; Serpico. That's what Thailand needs now, particularly in regard to this case: a police insider who is brave enough to blow the whistle on endemic corruption. In Serpico, the corruption among NYC cops went all the way up to the commissioner and beyond ....to the mayor. Just as Serpico was hated by his fellow cops, any Thai cop who tries to go clean will be hated by his fellow cops. Worse than hated, that person will likely wind up like the Thai cop who mysteriously fell off a precipice and died, just weeks after the Ko Tao case got started. Maybe he was a Thai Serpico who got nipped in the bud.

In many countries, there are politicians making speeches about ridding uniformed ranks of corruption, but it's mostly grandstanding words - will little real action. Note to any would-be Serpicos: you could be a hero, but you could also be killed, so take care and watch your back.

Colonel Prachum Ruangthong said the victims' bodies were found naked on a rocky beach, with the woman reportedly wearing just a bikini top and their clothes blood-stained.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/koh-tao-thailand-david-miller-jersey-hannah-witheridge-named-back-pack-murder-victims-first-1465533

In this report, the Surat Thani police say that "their clothes" were "blood-stained." Was the blood on these clothes tested for DNA? If not, why not?

• Like 2

I'm not going to court so I'm not sure what on earth your talking about and what on earth its got to do with my post, deflection however was something to do with it, but I see you deflect that again

Well, since you are not as keen on the concept of transparency as you claim to be I will clarify, you work with/for the defense team, therefore when I say "you" I mean the defense team.

You still don't understand that your biased opinion does not constitute evidence of anything but your own biases.

AleG. Please back up your statement that 'CCTV evidence places the B2 in the area of the murders at the approximate time of the murders'. As you know, many posters on here have spent much time in the past 6 months looking at the available CCTV in order to gain some understanding of what happened on 15th September 2014. Do you have the footage or stills please? Or have you been made aware of this footage from another source? Sincerely hoping that you can back your statement up because you need to.

Pages and pages of wasted bandwidth with the internet detectives going over every single detail (real or imagined) of the CCTV footage of the suspects caught on the night of the murders and you have the chutzpah to ask, again, the same inane question. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

AleG. Please back up your statement that 'CCTV evidence places the B2 in the area of the murders at the approximate time of the murders'. As you know, many posters on here have spent much time in the past 6 months looking at the available CCTV in order to gain some understanding of what happened on 15th September 2014. Do you have the footage or stills please? Or have you been made aware of this footage from another source? Sincerely hoping that you can back your statement up because you need to.

Pages and pages of wasted bandwidth with the internet detectives going over every single detail (real or imagined) of the CCTV footage of the suspects caught on the night of the murders and you have the chutzpah to ask, again, the same inane question. rolleyes.gif

This post just about sums you up. You are full of nothing.

So the suspects on the morning of the murder, cause lets not forget the night of the murder would have been 15 hours after the two had been killed.

The morning of the murder we have seen footage of the Burmese shopping for cigarettes hours before anyone was killed and we have seen footage of them riding on a motorbike hours before anyone was killed.

My hope would be that they get found not guilty. Then start doing that wonderful Thai thing of suing people for telling lies. So that would be people like you.

• Like 2