Tot Broadband

agsnowdon

Hi all,

We have just got our TOT wirless modem and I have everything setup and ready to for monday when they open the connection for us.

The first month was free so we have gone for 1MB and then after that depending we will either stick with it or down grade the speed.

My question is we live in Mae Taeng Chiang Mai and I'm wondering how reliable the connection is?

If any of you are on this I would love to hear what you think of the service!

Cheers

Ash :o

Hi all,

We have just got our TOT wirless modem and I have everything setup and ready to for monday when they open the connection for us.

The first month was free so we have gone for 1MB and then after that depending we will either stick with it or down grade the speed.

My question is we live in Mae Taeng Chiang Mai and I'm wondering how reliable the connection is?

Cheers

I had TOT ADSL (256/128 @ 500 THB/month) over the phone line in Chiang Mai, speed was ok for me, shared the connection with my neigbours. But at least 4 times a week there was no service for a few hours (in my area, T. Tasala near the train station).

About up-or downgading, I know a few people that decided to upgrade to 512/256 or higher and didn't see a significant increase in speed. You hardly ever get what you pay for anyway!

Other than that, it was ok, as in "sufficient".

Its mainly ok....

To get the full 120kB/sec from the 1mb package you will need to download using multiple threads with something like download accelerator plus or from the newsgroups with grabit or newsleecher.

Gets no where near the 1mb download speed on single threads.

Note from Astral

Kb means bits

KB means bytes

120KB is the same as 1Mb (megabits)

Mod

Its mainly ok....

To get the full 120kb/sec from the 1mb package you will need to download using multiple threads with something like download accelerator plus or from the newsgroups with grabit or newsleecher.

Gets no where near the 1mb download speed on single threads.

SO DAP is just like a download manager that speeds things up?

And Grablt and Newsleecher are just like Limewire or P2P?

Thanks for you help

SO DAP is just like a download manager that speeds things up?

And Grablt and Newsleecher are just like Limewire or P2P?

Thanks for you help

yes DAP just accelerates the download by making multiple connections to the server you are downloading from.

Grabit / Newsleecher are used to download from the newsgroups again allowing multiple connections to the news server.

Newsgroups are not P2P but is where all the stuff in P2P originates from......

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

Cheers

I will be coming back to Chiangmai this month. I live near Cholpratarn Road. Is there a link I can contact to get DSL installed there? I need the fast connection..

Any help appreciated.

Hi all,

Cheers

I will be coming back to Chiangmai this month. I live near Cholpratarn Road. Is there a link I can contact to get DSL installed there? I need the fast connection..

Any help appreciated.

Sorry my Thai GF sorted it all out and shes away for a while. Sorry