6 year old drowns at East Pattaya Sauna & Spa

webfact

6 year old drowns at East Pattaya Sauna & Spa

sauna-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 6 year old child was later pronounced dead in Hospital after he was reportedly left unattended in a Children’s Swimming Pool at an East Pattaya Sauna & Spa on Monday Afternoon.

The tragic incident occurred at the Tara Sauna in Soi Nongyai where Khun Apichart aged 44 and his wife, Khun Sudjai aged 40 had gone with their 6 year old child.

The child was left in the children’s swimming pool, which is located next to the adult pool, which has a depth of 1.5 meters, compared to just 50 cms at the children’s pool. The parents went to use the Sauna and left their child with strict instructions to remain at the children’s pool.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174112/6-year-old-drowns-at-east-pattaya-sauna-spa/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-03

Unbelievably sad and avoidable.

There should be a lifeguard.

You don't leave a 6 year-old unaccompanied anywhere.

I wonder if he had been taught to swim at all? It may have helped, despite his young age, if he had.

• Like 1

RIP little one

Parents should be made sterile so they cannot do this again

How stupid can you be? leave a child alone in the pool

Just read an article yesterday that drowning is the number one cause of death of children

• Like 1

Charges should definately be brought against the parents. RIP little one.

Not so sure about that.. i think they are punished enough this way. Can you imagine the guilt.

I'm not sure that Thais feel guilt the same way that Westerners do.

And even in the west there are many parents who would feel no guilt about this at all.

Not so sure about that.. i think they are punished enough this way. Can you imagine the guilt.

I'm not sure that Thais feel guilt the same way that Westerners do.

And even in the west there are many parents who would feel no guilt about this at all.

Can't imagine seems basic human feeling to feel hurt if your kids are killed.

I've been drumming pool safety into my kids since they were old enough to understand. Even though they can both swim, I do not take my eyes off them in the pool and they always ask of they can move to another area of the pool. My wife, on the other hand...

There should always be someone watching pools where people are swimming, particularly kids, I mean pools which people pay to use, even if it means charging a little more.

'... The parents went to use the Sauna and left their child with strict instructions to remain at the children’s pool.' And in answer to doctors' claims that drowning is the main cause of children's deaths, a number of us pointed out that it's mostly parental carelessness. Point sadly brought home.

Why didnt they contact another adult to look after the kid before they went into the sauna ? Giving strict instructions to a 6 year old , then you ask for it. RIP

Thais don't do safety. This morning dropping my girlfriend off at work, I was treated to a toddler standing on the back of a Wave sandwiched between 2 women. The toddler was wearing just a top and a nappy. The Wave was doing about 70 kmh.

I am afraid the preventable drowning and many more preventable child deaths in accidents are just run of the mill here.

I say this...My friend built public pools , got an award from the King.....his actions promted recognition at the highest of the highest levels...........this problem needs to be addressed.....there are no ghosts at the bottom of the lake...river or pool.......

teach swimming......note to self....turn it into a business....make money doing it......field trips.....aspire kids to become life guards...get the YMCA involved ....or the Boy Scouts.......were talking about dead drowned kids......Sad.....

There should always be someone watching pools where people are swimming, particularly kids, I mean pools which people pay to use, even if it means charging a little more.

I was at a pool in E. Pattaya once.

The ladder at the deep end had no rungs (steps) on it & the upright bars were loose & flopping all around.

Kids were standing on these rails, unattended (except by me - an onlooker), precariously about to break their necks & diving off them like maniacs.

Some Westerners come to Thailand & behave like retards.

I'd venture to guess that they see the locals doing some of the most asinine things, & they just think "Why not?"

That swimming pool would have never been allowed to open in the USA.

I'm no fan of the Nanny State, but I am a fan of safety at swimming pools for kids.

I somehow have brains enough to watch my kid every second at a pool though without any laws.

I would honestly put a .45 to my head if I had allowed my kid to drown. I wouldn't be able to live with it.

Can you imagine the poor little guy's last thoughts?

My three kids could swim by the age of 1. At 2 or 3 years old there was never a worry about this sort of thing. Many other parents, who could not swim, were afraid to teach their kids to swim and both the kids and parents suffered from that.

But to each his own....

As an ex lifeguard I assure you that it was the lifeguard's responsibility. We used to shit bricks when someone died in a pool in Switzerland. Why were they allowed to leave the child unsupervised? Because the man wasn't around. IF they get any kind of license, which I doubt, then it'll be of the same value as a Thai driving license. I worked very hard to get mine.

Should be punished if only as a warning for other parents not to leave your child unattended.