International Buddhist groups slam NRC panel

webfact

International Buddhist groups slam NRC panel
The Nation

30255211-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Several groups of Buddhists and monks have hit out at the National Reform Council's (NRC) committee on the protection of Buddhism.

The Network of Northeastern Exemplary Buddhist Youths, the Network of Buddhists in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands, and a centre promoting morality, ethics and the security of the nation, the Buddhist faith and the monarchy yesterday demanded that the NRC committee be scrapped.

"Or else, we will stage a rally," they said via a joint statement.

At the same time, the Assembly of Thai Monks in the United States released a statement to condemn the NRC committee and Or Noi Temple's abbot, Phra Buddha Isara.

They demanded that the NRC committee be abolished and that Paiboon Nititawan, the chair of the committee, as well as Phra Buddha Isara stop offending the Sangha Supreme Council (SSC) and other entities carrying out the duty of the Supreme Patriarch.

Both Paiboon and Phra Buddha Isara have publicly questioned the SSC for allowing Phra Dhammchayo to stay on as a monk. Both believe Phra Dhammchayo should have already been automatically defrocked in line with a statement of the late Supreme Patriarch.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/International-Buddhist-groups-slam-NRC-panel-30255211.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-03

I guess these Aussie monks don't understand thainess. The Mad Monk is now spreading his wings upsetting the Australians and others around the world. Once again the idiot mad monk is waving the Thai flag and again making Thailand look stupid. Prayuth is having huge problems getting the world to understand Thainess and this idiot monk is not helping. Prayuth needs to grab him now and send him off for Attitude re assignment.

I guess these Aussie monks don't understand thainess. The Mad Monk is now spreading his wings upsetting the Australians and others around the world. Once again the idiot mad monk is waving the Thai flag and again making Thailand look stupid. Prayuth is having huge problems getting the world to understand Thainess and this idiot monk is not helping. Prayuth needs to grab him now and send him off for Attitude re assignment.

So you think Dhammakaya is a good example of what Buddhism means, and you think the Sangha made a good decision?

Your illogical hatred of this government is really clouding your judgement.

Perhaps a return to Australia would make you feel better!

I was refering to the Mad Monk and did not express hatred of the government, I said that Prayuth needs to reel this idiot in. Don't let him break the law and hold demonstrations and don't let him show Thailand in a stupid negative way on the international stage. Take control of this idiot monk. If you interpret this as hatred for the government then I am sorry but it is you who is clouded. Edited by chooka

So you think Dhammakaya is a good example of what Buddhism means, and you think the Sangha made a good decision?

Your illogical hatred of this government is really clouding your judgement.

Perhaps a return to Australia would make you feel better!

I was refering to the Mad Monk and did not express hatred of the government, I said that Prayuth needs to reel this idiot in. Don't let him break the law and hold demonstrations and don't let him show Thailand in a stupid negative way on the international stage. Take control of this idiot monk. If you interpret this as hatred for the government then I am sorry but it is you who is clouded.

it's Dhammakaya that is making thailand look stupid.

• Like 1

These groups must ask them this question, Why all criminal cases concern Phra Dhammchayo were drop under Taksin dictatorship regime !

TRT and Dhammakaya Temple - perfect match

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/27/opinion/opinion_30014752.php

Dhammakaya was also major force in the formation of the Thaksin’s populist Thai Rak Thai party, which has banned.

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=52,9128,0,0,1,0#.VPUaSl3Iyao

The Network of Northeastern Exemplary Buddhist Youths, the Network of Buddhists in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands, and a centre promoting morality, ethics and the security of the nation, the Buddhist faith and the monarchy yesterday demanded that the NRC committee be scrapped.

I wonder if the temple and the monk in question is funneling money to these groups. Their actions certanily do not follow their stated principles.

Reading the news for a couple of years here, I' m sure there are hundreds of cases proving a centre promoting morality, ethics among monks is worthless.

These groups must ask them this question, Why all criminal cases concern Phra Dhammchayo were drop under Taksin dictatorship regime !

TRT and Dhammakaya Temple - perfect match

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/09/27/opinion/opinion_30014752.php

Dhammakaya was also major force in the formation of the Thaksin’s populist Thai Rak Thai party, which has banned.

http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index.php?id=52,9128,0,0,1,0#.VPUaSl3Iyao

Truth illuminates the path wai2.gif

And now the whinging Farangs on here are harping on about aspects of the Monkhood and how tainted it is, and yet the Catholic Church is so so squeaky clean what with all its corrupt kiddie fiddling priests who have gone unpunished!!

I have an idea, why not leave the Buhddist authorities to sort out the bad monks, as that's worked really well getting rid of disgusting paedo priests all over the globe eh?

And now the whinging Farangs on here are harping on about aspects of the Monkhood and how tainted it is, and yet the Catholic Church is so so squeaky clean what with all its corrupt kiddie fiddling priests who have gone unpunished!!

I have an idea, why not leave the Buhddist authorities to sort out the bad monks, as that's worked really well getting rid of disgusting paedo priests all over the globe eh?

I'll harp on about the Catholics as well if it makes you happy.

No such thing as a victimless religion.

• Like 2

The catholic church have been able to scam enough blinded idiots out of thier money that they have built thier own country dripping in gold and thier only GDP is the victims of this scam who still send money to the Pope. The church does nothing and never has for people. The Pope and cardinals live in a life of luxury surrounded by gold and the greatest pleasures of life.

I was born Catholic and hate these corrupt thieving bastards.

• Like 2

I'll harp on about the Catholics as well if it makes you happy.

No such thing as a victimless religion.

Or victimless Bigots

Just like all religious groups there are those within that interpret their rules from their good books to suit their agendas.

Now on a lighter note, are we all to believe that 2 Polar Bears and 2 penguins walked all the way from the artic circle to Turkey and meet up with some bloke called Noah?

Nobody finds that odd? But a Rolex wearing monk is considered to be outrageous?

I see your point there Ken, by outside body I'd rather it was done by impartial non Thais with agendas ?

Yes FH, but being realistic, the chances of Thais allowing an outside body to investigate an internal matter are zero.

• Like 1

Polar Bears and Penguins are both excellent swimmers. I think Noah's arc was for non-aquatic creatures only.

Just like all religious groups there are those within that interpret their rules from their good books to suit their agendas.

Now on a lighter note, are we all to believe that 2 Polar Bears and 2 penguins walked all the way from the artic circle to Turkey and meet up with some bloke called Noah?

Looking at the media it seems the Junta is gaining some moral high ground by gunning for Buddhism. Yet in the temples it seems to make no difference. It is business as usual.

Or should I rephrase that?

• Like 1

From a report by Patheos.com Dhammakaya temple’s global reach extends to 40 branches across the world with two satellite television stations that broadcast in four different languages.

These will be the "International" Buddhist groups that are doing the slamming.

They are nothing more than branches of the same temple coming out using the same tactic of threats.

As for the organization that lends money for giving to make merit.

They are called a credit union and are in the temple grounds and owned by the temple, they lend money to those with none or not enough, who want to donate to the temple,

The money they borrow goes to the temple as merit making and those who have borrowed pay it back to the credit union plus interest, so the temple gets the money plus the interest.

• Like 2

when religion is been misused, the repercussion is in great impact.

"If you donate many and many money, you can book a good place in the heaven"

"If you kill and kill more people in the name of GOD, you will have a good place in the heaven"

Edited by Smokemachine

Those two penguins would have had quite a journey. To get to the Arctic they'd have first had to walk from the Southern Hemisphere :)
  • Sad 1