PM Prayut rides big bike wearing cap

webfact

A big bike? A 250 is hardly a big bike, but this is a pretty good story and I've had a good chuckle at the PMs sudden rashness and spontaneous jolly!! Good for him, apart from the fact he's a criminal as he broke the law for not wearing a helmet isn't that right?

Of course he's not a criminal, he's not been found guilty of any crimes, he's justba regular law breaker like another farang who constantly posts crap here about the 7% and uses words like criminals to describe those people who break the law, so this would make the PM a criminal ?

Sounds a bit like the time one of the princes in the UK took a vehicle for a spin, leaving Bodyguards behind.

I like this story, and the PMs human touch of being "naughty" makes a change from him causing issues elsewhere ?

The law only applies to public roads so you're right, he's neither a law breaker nor a criminal for this incident.

• Like 1

"The booth was set up as part of the Office of the Vocational Education Commissions scheme to encourage vocational students to contribute to the communities."

Can I help to contribute to the impoverished big bike community?Perhaps one of them can use my spare spoke tightener.

So this geezer steals a small "big bike" and goes for a joyride,

not wearing a helmet, threatening people to run them over if

they stand in his way and it's all OK?

Well, that's one way to (deliberately mis-) interpret the OP.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure he didn't break any laws............ The report stated "Gen Prayuth circled around the compound of the Government House"....... That's not a public road and I'm sure the law here is no different to most places in the World, the compulsory wearing of a helmet applies to public roads only.

Most laws regarding vehicles only apply on public roads.

However he most probably fell foul of some local government order that all riders are to wear a helmet while riding on government land.

• Like 1

So.....next time The Royal Police stops me because of no helmet, I'll tell them that I was just testing my bike and no fine :)

If they stop you in the parking lot of your office, I am sure that they will just remind you "safety first" and let you go.

I'm pretty sure he didn't break any laws............ The report stated "Gen Prayuth circled around the compound of the Government House"....... That's not a public road and I'm sure the law here is no different to most places in the World, the compulsory wearing of a helmet applies to public roads only.

Most laws regarding vehicles only apply on public roads.

However he most probably fell foul of some local government order that all riders are to wear a helmet while riding on government land.

When helmetless riders enter military compounds they must walk the bikes through the security checkpoints. They can then ride.

Whether it's illegal or not, the issue here is road safety! I have only lived here for 2 years and have already seen 6 brains spattered across roads. In 50 years of driving in uk, where compulsory wearing of crash helmets is enforced, I only ever saw 1. SAFETY is paramount.

• Like 1

So if I now "test" my motorcycle, it's ok not to wear a safety helmet? This man gets more stupid each day! A great road safety opportunity missed! Mind you his skull is so thick, he probably would be unaffected if he fell on his head!

was that honestly necessary - rather ironic that you consider yourself qualified to call someone stupid

and riding round government house is not on a public road so he has hardly put himself or anyone else in danger or broken any laws

Stay off the yogurt thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

So if I now "test" my motorcycle, it's ok not to wear a safety helmet? This man gets more stupid each day! A great road safety opportunity missed! Mind you his skull is so thick, he probably would be unaffected if he fell on his head!

was that honestly necessary - rather ironic that you consider yourself qualified to call someone stupid

and riding round government house is not on a public road so he has hardly put himself or anyone else in danger or broken any laws

Stay off the yogurt thumbsup.gif

Oh you think accidents or fatalities can't happen even at slow speeds on private land then?

Stop eating the yoghurt!!!!

• Like 1

A big bike? A 250 is hardly a big bike, but this is a pretty good story and I've had a good chuckle at the PMs sudden rashness and spontaneous jolly!! Good for him, apart from the fact he's a criminal as he broke the law for not wearing a helmet isn't that right?

Of course he's not a criminal, he's not been found guilty of any crimes, he's justba regular law breaker like another farang who constantly posts crap here about the 7% and uses words like criminals to describe those people who break the law, so this would make the PM a criminal ?

Sounds a bit like the time one of the princes in the UK took a vehicle for a spin, leaving Bodyguards behind.

I like this story, and the PMs human touch of being "naughty" makes a change from him causing issues elsewhere ?

Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is a traffic offense - doing so does not make you a criminal.

Stealing billions of baht from government coffers, bribing MPs to vote to your orders, and running the country to your own benefit makes you a criminal, even if you are elected.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to post this nonsense !!

Look up the definition of a criminal ?

A road traffic offence is still breaking the law no matter what spin you're trying to put on it, ergo by definition breaking the law makes you a what ?

Or does breaking the law in Thailand differ from the rest of the world?

My own interpretation is one who is CONVICTED of a crime, would indeed be classed as a criminal but that's not the true definition ?

This, with 6 times the cubic centimeters, is a bike ...

The PM was riding a trainer.

Yes that is a big bike for old people.

Rice burners have twice the power for half the cubic centimeters. Just like many US things its big makes a lot of sound but does not really preform cheesy.gif

As far as my knowledge stretches, the bike in HeijoshinCools picture IS a Honda AKA rice burner.

Have to admit epic fail for me. I thought it was an Harley.

Still a tractor lol whistling.gif

Riding a motorcycle without a helmet is a traffic offense - doing so does not make you a criminal.

True but wreckless driving and sounding the horn without wearing a helmet, without insurance, permission to drive the motorcycle wasn't given so this could also be grand theft auto. Come on they got PM Samak booted for hosting a cookery show, could be worth a shot.

Oh you think accidents or fatalities can't happen even at slow speeds on private land then?

Stop eating the yoghurt!!!!

Are you his mother?

BTW the head of a 1.85m man who trips will hit the ground at ~22km/h (v2 = u2 + 2aS). Do you wear a helmet while walking in case your shoelace comes undone?

• Like 1

Walking isn't breaking the law !!

And no on not his mother, and neither is he the other posters mother, and neither are you mine!!

Just as well you don't see that it's a criminal offence to stage a coup in Thailand isn't it ? amnesty or not, if the cap, or the helmet fits eh?

Yes! And even if he is far from perfect, he is a zillion times more of a leader than the previous (puppet) one.... quote salt n pepper

Yes hes so cute, with his funny little red cap and tight blue shirt. He's also got a great sense of humour and is soooo laid back.

• Like 1

Within the compound of Government house. Private, not public road, thus now law broken. says seastallion

Doesn't government house belong to the people? making the road in the compound public. If it is private property then to who does it belong?

I didn't say private property. Do you think you can just drive around there whenever you want?

Maybe in legal terms it's restricted property.....whatever, it's not a public road.

Just putting it out there.

Stupid thing for him to do though. Very bad example.