Any Techies Out There?

rogered

Are there any 'techies' out there that can help me out with a problem that i have with my PC.

My Internet Explorer homepage has been hijacked with http://www.safetyhomepage.net/ and I cannot seem to remove this website from my PC. I have been into tools > internet options > and selected and applied my chosen internet explorer home page but sadly it reverts back to safety home page.

I has also been onto my ISP homepage and selected 'click this to select as your homepage' or something like that and all that happens is that it reverts back to the rogue homepage.

I have Spyware Doctor and AVG anti virus but when run these also do not appear to detect the problem (virus?).

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Are there any 'techies' out there that can help me out with a problem that i have with my PC.

My Internet Explorer homepage has been hijacked with http://www.safetyhomepage.net/ and I cannot seem to remove this website from my PC. I have been into tools > internet options > and selected and applied my chosen internet explorer home page but sadly it reverts back to safety home page.

I has also been onto my ISP homepage and selected 'click this to select as your homepage' or something like that and all that happens is that it reverts back to the rogue homepage.

I have Spyware Doctor and AVG anti virus but when run these also do not appear to detect the problem (virus?).

Cheers

Did you try and run "ad-aware" or "Spybot Search & destroy" , i use both of them, but honestly i hardly have any Browser"hijacking" Problems . I use Opera or Firefox and if i need the IE engine i use Avant Browser.

rcm :o

Cheers

Did you try and run "ad-aware" or "Spybot Search & destroy" , i use both of them, but honestly i hardly have any Browser"hijacking" Problems . I use Opera or Firefox and if i need the IE engine i use Avant Browser.

rcm :o

Thanks jap. Downloaded spybot s & d and ran it and found and deleted all the spyware - now back to 'normal'. Many thanks - rogered.

... and, as usual - protection is better than cure after the damage is done. Nowadays, most firewalls (provided they are well maintained) will prevent such things as browser-hijacking - even in MSExplorer. I personally swear to my long-time and superbly faithful life-companion - ZoneAlarm - but I'm sure others will recommand plenty of alternatives ...

• 2 weeks later...