What Sould I Do For T/g /fiancee Which Uk Visa?

Hi All,

Been reading post great help. :D

Don't what visa to get for the UK?

I am a UK person.

I am going to Thailand in Nov06 and we are getting a registry marrige, and I am staying til march07.

I am 29 and she is 25.

We met in Jan05, where I stayed for 7 weeks, went back again in May05 for 3days just to see her.

I went again and stayed for 3 or so months (Nov05 til March06).

We were going to apply for a UKvisa but we could not prove she was going to leave the UK after her stay, as she had stopped work for my visit to Thailand.

After I went back to the UK she went to school to learn hairdressing and passed and now is learing English 3hours a day with a private teacher so see may inprove on her English skills.

I have keepet all Emails, letters, Phone bills.And pics together.

I own a small Business,just myself.Got all records form Sept04(when I started).

Live at home with my Mum and Dad.( Got a letter from them about what thay do and who lives in the house and how many rooms ect.)which thay own.

But do I apply for a settment visa,Fiancee Visa, or because she has never been to UK do I have to apply for just a non settlment visa???

I know every case is different.

We wish to stay together.

What do you think???

HELP :o

post-31049-1156613057_thumb.jpg

The type of visa to apply for would depend on her/your intentions.

If you just want to sponsor her visit the UK for a period of at most six months, then apply for a visitor visa.

If she wants to settle in the UK with you, then she may apply for a settlement visa based on her relationship with you. If you/she get married in Thailand then she may apply for a 2 year spouse settlement visa. If you/she plan to get married in the UK within six months of her arrival, then apply for a six-month Fiancé(e) settlement visa. The latter may be more expensive because after marriage in the UK, she would have to apply for Further Leave to Remain, incurring additional fees.

There is also an Unmarried (i.e. opposite sex) and same-sex partners visa, but I don't believe that she/you qualify at this time.

After a period of two years in the UK, she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Edited by vinny

We wish to apply for a settlment visa.

Cheers vinny, but what you have read from my frist post do you think we have a chance do we have??

We are so nerves but wish to stay together and get married in Thailand and UK and some day I wish to live in Thailand.

From what you have said, I reckon that you have an excellent chance. A long term relationship, with lots of visits by you to see her. Provide phone bills, e-mails etc. to show you have kept in contact whilst you were in the UK, as well as everything else on the checklist.

As you will be living with your parents then they will need to write a letter confirming this, plus a brief description of the property to show that there is room for you. The requirement is that must be at least one room for your exclusive use. If they own the property then it is advisable to provide proof of this; a mortgage statement or copy of the deeds. If they rent then they should get their landlord to write confirming that you can stay there.

I would advise marrying in Thailand and applying for a Spouse visa. As Vinny says, this cuts out a stage in the path to ILR, saving you a fee of at least £335! However, I know many people like to have the religious ceremony in Thailand and then marry in the UK so that both sets of relatives get to attend. Your choice. (You cannot have the legal wedding in Thailand and then marry again in the UK. Under the Foreign Marriages Act of 1893 the UK recognises any marriage that is legal in the country where it took place and you cannot marry each other twice.)

See Guidance for British Nationals Wishing to Marry in Thailand

• 1 month later...