British Engineer re-united with wallet he lost in North Pattaya

webfact

British Engineer re-united with wallet he lost in North Pattaya

brit-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- With the assistance of Banglamung Police and thanks to the honesty and kindness of a Minimart owner based in North Pattaya, a British Engineer, who works in Rayong, was re-united with his wallet which contained over 50,000 Baht in Thai and Indian Currency.

Mr. Adam Morris aged 39, who works for an Engineering Company in nearby Rayong, was in Pattaya for a few days before he flew back to UK for a holiday.

He based himself in Soi Potisan in North Pattaya and before he took a Taxi to the Airport in Bangkok, Mr. Morris decided to stop for a beer at a Minimart, owned by Khun Petnoi aged 47. He finished his beer and entered the Taxi and began his Journey to the Airport.

When he arrived, he realized his wallet was missing and he was unable to pay for the Taxi. He still had time to return to Pattaya and search for his wallet. He arrived at the Minimart and was told that the owner had already taken the wallet, full of money, to Banglamung Police Station.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174208/british-engineer-re-united-with-wallet-he-lost-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-04

oh .... now it's minimart shop owners ... last week it was another taxi driver .. or was it an honest tuk tuk driver ?

50,000 baht in cash .. ? must have been a pretty big wallet .... I carry twenty thousand and that's big enough.

how much reward was given i wonder .... 100 baht .. ???????

TAT ... come on , you can do better than that ... giggle.gif

Thailand must be the only country in the world to report a handed in wallet as news.

You should get to know Thailand a little better, most Thai's are good people.

Where do you come from, would you get your lost wallet returned back where you come from???

• Like 1

Thailand must be the only country in the world to report a handed in wallet as news.

Where do you come from, would you get your lost wallet returned back where you come from???

Why do most Thai houses have bars on the windows ?

I lost a side case off my bike containing 30,000+bt worth of gopro and other camera gear plus clothes rechargable lights glasses etc on doi ang khang. I put 2 signs up on the corner where i lost it and 6 weeks later i got a call from a hill tribe man. I expected it returned empty but it was all there right down to a 7baht bottle of water.

I gave the guy 2000baht.

• Like 1

Why do most Thai houses have bars on the windows ?

As I said, most Thai's...

In my line of business here in the UK I meet a lot of people who wished they had had bars on their windows.

Whoever said most Thais where not good? That's 1 hell of a leap from reporters report absolutely nothing!!!! To answer the rest of your irrelevant questions, I am from the UK, and have had wallets returned in both countries because I'm a careless <deleted> when drunk!!! Been here 11 years, speak Thai and have a Thai wife, child and family, I would say I have a pretty good grasp overall regarding Thais strong and weak points, so if you don't mind please move along and make up stuff about someone else's posts. Thank you.