muffler repair

Topdeck

This is a long shot but, can but try.

I rode 450 miles down from Ubon district yesterday and during the journey I noticed the exhaust sound change to include a tinny rattle. It is a Yoshimura R1 so normally quite a deep sound.

Upon arriving in Lad Prao I inspected further and found one of the straps around the muffler has come loose and a seam has blown. I need to get this fixed before my run home Friday so all help will be much appreciated.

I am looking for a shop that can Re-rivet the muffler back together. Preferably in the Lad Prao area. I am at Panda Rider, Don Muang this morning buying some new boots so that area would be great aswell.

Thanks in advance for sensible reply.

A lot of shops may be closed today cos of the holiday, but ones I would recommend are KAI Motorsports on Nawamin Rd, it is after Soi 59 and opposite the big Honda dealer. They specialize in 400s and race bikes there, they did some welding work on an old CBR400 I had before.

Also not far from there is Nan's - go further down Nawamin till you hit the first junction with lights - there is a Tesco Lotus on the corner and a police box. Turn left into Soi 97 (Pho Kaeo) - this is the soi that runs to Lad Phrao 101. The shop is just down the soi on the left, if he's open you can't miss it as he will have some big bikes outside.

Hope that helps.