Phuket police proud of week long anti-drug and crime campaign results

webfact

Phuket police proud of week long anti-drug and crime campaign results
Eakkapop Thongtub

pkt.jpg
A total of 28 guns have been taken off the streets since February 25.

PHUKET: -- A cache of guns and bullets were shown off to Phuket media yesterday (March 3). Police stated that the 28 guns, along with ammunitions, have been seized in just one week as they carry on with their anti-drug and crime campaign.

Provincial police held a press conference yesterday morning at 10:30am and Maj Gen Pachara Boonyasit revealed that police carried out an anti drug and crime campaign between February 25- March 2 following an order from the NCPO and Police Reginal 8 to solve Phuket̕s crime and drug realted problems.

“Police are responsible for the lives, property and safety of residents and tourists and are here to keep the city free of crime and illegal activity,” he said.

Phuket Provincial police together with 10 local police stations and investigators revealed the following arrests and seizures from their week-long campaign.

28 firearm and 150 ammunition seizures (between February 1-28 police seized 49 guns and 322 ammunitions)
57 drug arrest (between February 1-28 police arrested 398 people on drug related charges and charged 446 suspects)

82 knives seized (between February 1-28 police seized 138 knives)

A total of 78 firecrackers, fireworks and floating lanterns seized

2,595 counterfeit items seized

47 arrests related to illegal gambling

132 items seized that broke Thai custom laws

73 people arrested for other crimes and 73 suspected of being involved in crimes

Maj Gen Pachara said that police will do every thing possible to ensure the safety of people on Phuket and will return happiness to both residents and tourists by continuing to carry on with their anti-drug and crime as part of the norm.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-proud-of-week-long-anti-drug-and-crime-campaign-results-51244.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-04

Phuket...a beautiuful island ruined by an utterly corrupt and rotten police force.

This is nothing more than a sop and an infantile PR exercise.

Would I be cynical in thinking that the guns and those that were arrested for their posession will go home after a beer, an envelope and a laught with the arresting cop?

• Like 2

harleyclarkey, on 04 Mar 2015 - 16:45, said:

Phuket...a beautiuful island ruined by an utterly corrupt and rotten police force.

Would I be cynical in thinking that the guns and those that were arrested for their posession will go home after a beer, an envelope and a laught with the arresting cop?

Sadly I agree, I to believe it to be a stunt, trying hard to gain credibility. We all know what the police are like, when they arrest ANYONE... photo op with all the finger pointing, yet here we see NOTHING.

a "sorry" 500 baht fine and promise to not do it again... then the guys go home....

This is nothing but a publicity stunt.... BIB in Phuket are tired of the Army on their back... trying to show that they have cleaned up a lot....

• Like 1

Don't give all the credit to Police, what about the local civilian criminal population and some wonderful expats; who have also contributed. One cannot tango with oneself. We all know about corruption but people like you condemn all, where not all are corrupt. No matter what they do, why is it people like you want to decry whatever they undertake, be it good or bad?

Are you able to explain why it is an infantile PR exercise?

And as far as being cynical, I'd have to say no. I'd just say that you have not thought about the overall situation before making the assumption as to what might occur after the arrests. Just think about it and them maybe you would not post such an ill informed remark. If you are trying to be funny, then don't give up your day job.

Edited by Si Thea01

Don't give all the credit to Police, what about the local civilian criminal population and some wonderful expats; who have also contributed. One cannot tango with oneself. We all know about corruption but people like you condemn all, where not all are corrupt. No matter what they do, why is it people like you want to decry whatever they undertake, be it good or bad?

And as far as being cynical, I'd have to say no. I'd just say that you have not thought about the overall situation before making the assumption as to what might occur after the arrests. Just think about it and them maybe you would not post such an ill informed remark. If you are trying to be funny, then don't give up your day job.

You need to get out more often and take off the blinkers. You are seriously disillusioned.

Yes....there are local and ex pat thugs but then they are the real criminals.

When the police become criminals, as they did a lomng time ago and well and truly documented here on TA, then society will break down.

PR exercise? Sure....this is a sham and all will go back to normal once the heat from whoever is turned down. Then the real business of graft and corruption will continue as if nothing has happened.

What "overall situation" are you referring to? Enlighten us here.

Are you one of these thugs in brown.....a policman .... by any chance having read your ridiculous post which seems to actually believe this is progress and the police are really cleaning up what was once a wonderful island?

Looks more like a crack down on illegal guns more so than drugs........

Where are the drugs as I do not see any confiscated drugs on display.

Possibly already sold by the police...I mean drug dealers.

Cheers

Only thing I want to know is what clown "loaded" the M-16 with a magazine and who took the grease gun?

1424429218_1.jpg

Looks like a dent puller & a turkey baster there in the middle.

----------------------

If the cops got all that stuff in the first picture in one week, imagine what they'd get if they were police all year long!

Instead of being praised they should all be sentenced to 50 lashes with a wet 2 X 4 & twenty years on a fishing boat for gross incompetence for allowing that much garbage out there in the first place.

Tip of the iceberg and smoke and mirrors in a weak PR attempt to try to gain credibility. Credibility is a bridge too far for the RTP.

Lets have some data as to how ,where and from whom these weapons were seized along with an indication of potential charges, otherwise go piss in someone else' s pocket.

• Like 1

"“Police are responsible for the lives, property and safety of residents and tourists and are here to keep the city free of crime and illegal activity,” he said."

almost anywhere else this statement from a senior police officer would be a laughable example of stating the bleedin' obvious. But in Thailand it is a credible news story.....

"Maj Gen Pachara said that police will do every thing possible to ensure the safety of people on Phuket and will return happiness to both residents and tourists by continuing to carry on with their anti-drug and crime as part of the norm."

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif What a comedian or is he just totally clueless ... ? Who is using this kind of talking unless to children. BIB will always be thought of beeing liars and corrupt all of them because ... they are !!!clap2.gif

Edited by Johnny S