What does this mean?

mesquite

Out of some morbid curiosity that often accompanies that first early morning cup of coffee I googled the phrase and came across a Thai music video of the same name and have concluded that it means that after listening for 10 seconds you would rather die and be reborn again that continue listening.

I’ve heard this phrase used as an exclamation of incredulity or admonishment of someone who makes a statement, or expresses a point of view that annoys or angers. Along the lines of - “Don’t be so bloody stupid”. (Maybe you won’t be such an idiot in the next life!)

• Like 1

Die and then be reborn

From what my wife said regarding it's use, is that it's really not polite, and the essential meaning would be more akin to **** off or get the **** out of here.

But that it could "maybe" be used with really close friends if, for example, someone wanted to have a lot of plastic surgery, or had dreams of something which just obviously wouldn't be possible in their life/situation, that basically it could be used to suggest that what they want isn't possible, and they'd have a better chance in the next life, or that they'd be better off just being reborn instead.

But it'd depend on the group you were hanging out with and how close you were to them (I could only imagine one of her friends using a phrase like this, but he's a very confident gay guy who likes to say outrageous things) but in general it'd probably not be advisable for Farang to use a phrase like that (When your Thai is at a high enough level to use it, you'd know when it'd be appropriate and not appropriate, much like มึง กู etc).