Best English-type sausage and bacon - Wholesale? Please?

soblue2001

make your own ,the sausages that are half decent are well overpriced the rest are poor to say the least, even when you think you have found a decent supply you will notice a decline in quality over time, its not that difficult and that way you know the quality won't diminish. makro bacon is ok.

• Like 1

make your own ,the sausages that are half decent are well overpriced the rest are poor to say the least, even when you think you have found a decent supply you will notice a decline in quality over time, its not that difficult and that way you know the quality won't diminish. makro bacon is ok.

Make your own sausages? ...not if you value your time.

Chiang Mai has several excellent sources of supply.

The idea that "...you will notice a decline in quality over time..." is nonsense.

Google chiang mai gourmet. Probably the best bacon and sausages in town.

It's really down to personal taste, I really like Chiang Mai Gourmet's bacon especially his American streaky, plenty of smokey flavour and his burgers are the best I've had, my kids love them. I haven't tried his sausages, the frozen pork sausages from Makro are good a little bit heavy on the pepper but I like them, the bacon is all streaky and not heavily smoked, it's good. They also have some Canadian back bacon in the freezer which looks good although I've not tried it.

SausageKing's products are okay but best to buy direct from him, as I don't live across that side of town I generally don't bother with them.

• Like 1

Have to admit it.

I am unfamiliar with English Bacon. I know what American bacon is and what Canadian Back Bacon are but not English Bacon.sad.png

There are 2 main kinds of ENglish bacon. The first is streaky bacon which is what Americans just call bacon. The second is back bacon. It's different from Canadian bacon because it also includes some meat from the rib area. I don't think the English insist on it being smoked to qualify as bacon.

Thanks for the answer.

• 1 month later...

Better late than never!.

I can not find the post/reply with the recommendation of Makro pork sausages; but I finally found them (the sausages).

They taste very good. They put a lot of pepper in them; but I like it.

I fried the first batch of 6; but I only got one, because the wife and children ate the rest.

• Like 2

Google chiang mai gourmet. Probably the best bacon and sausages in town.

It's really down to personal taste, I really like Chiang Mai Gourmet's bacon especially his American streaky, plenty of smokey flavour and his burgers are the best I've had, my kids love them. I haven't tried his sausages, the frozen pork sausages from Makro are good a little bit heavy on the pepper but I like them, the bacon is all streaky and not heavily smoked, it's good. They also have some Canadian back bacon in the freezer which looks good although I've not tried it.

SausageKing's products are okay but best to buy direct from him, as I don't live across that side of town I generally don't bother with them.

Where can I buy his products please ?

If you can disregard modern concepts of nationalism and think back to that halycon period of history when all of us Anglo-Saxons were brothers and sisters, then maybe you would consider German sausages and bacon.

Gunther's G&M German Sausage Restaurant, out in the San Kamphang/Doi Saket area, has - by consensus - the best sausages and pork products in town.

They also supply restaurants and some supermarkets in Chiang Mai.

They are also sold in Rimping stores.

I just tried the SausageKing's 'Cumberland' sausage for the first time, and pray that his other products are better.

Had it not been for the label, I would never have realized it was Cumberland sausage. Not by taste, not by grind, nor by presentation.

Cumberland sausage needs to be a very coarse grind (this was smoother than Italian sausage,) needs a strong flavor, and not sold as links.

Some years ago there was a fellow down in Pattaya who used to sell sausage and bacon all over Thailand, who made a Cumberland sausage that really was one!

I understand that he passed away a few years ago. He made some great products. I guess I'm going to have to start making my own Cumberland, to go along with the Italian sausage that I usually make. Neither are difficult, but a PITA. Worth it, though, to have good sausage, and not just mushy pork inside casings.

I just tried the SausageKing's 'Cumberland' sausage for the first time, and pray that his other products are better.

Had it not been for the label, I would never have realized it was Cumberland sausage. Not by taste, not by grind, nor by presentation.

Cumberland sausage needs to be a very coarse grind (this was smoother than Italian sausage,) needs a strong flavor, and not sold as links.

Some years ago there was a fellow down in Pattaya who used to sell sausage and bacon all over Thailand, who made a Cumberland sausage that really was one!

I understand that he passed away a few years ago. He made some great products. I guess I'm going to have to start making my own Cumberland, to go along with the Italian sausage that I usually make. Neither are difficult, but a PITA. Worth it, though, to have good sausage, and not just mushy pork inside casings.

You sure don't want try his like Jimmy Dean Sausage then. There $%^#.. If you noticed In my previous post I did say in Chiang Mai. There are a lot other but you will need them to be shipped.

Yorkies. I pretty much gave up on good English sausages in LOS after he passed away.

Marko bacon is fine if you like the white slime that comes off it while cooking.....full of water.

Horrible stuff. Worst I have ever had....does not even brown. I think it's local Bangkok Brand without the stink they put in it. They then sell it as international quality...but it is not.

As for as sausage...I prefer the sausage patties at sausage king. The skin cased pork and beef sausages are not my cup of tea. (I don't drink that either).

Coffee and good old Jimmy Deans American patty sausages......... a winner.

Edited by slipperylobster

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You sure don't want try his like Jimmy Dean Sausage then. There $%^#.. If you noticed In my previous post I did say in Chiang Mai. There are a lot other but you will need them to be shipped.

Jimmy Dean style sausage is dead easy to make at home. Basically black pepper and sage, with just a touch of thyme, coriander and salt. No need to buy that premade.

Yorkies. I pretty much gave up on good English sausages in LOS after he passed away.

YESSSSS! That was the company! 'Yorkies!' I really liked his products, although they tended to be on the fatty side. 'course, that's wut made 'em so tasty! His Cumberland sausage would fill the skillet with rendered fat by the end of the cooking cycle, but the taste was out of this world! His balancing act between the nutmeg, mace, and sage was spot on, and although I've tried, mine just can't compete.

Edited by FolkGuitar

His wife is running the company now; and Rimping Supermarket sells them.