Vice Admiral Taratorn Thinsuwan Employs Wife and Daughter in 4 Roles

Jacob Maslow

On another note it is refreshing that Prayut has set the salary of NLA members at 113 000 a month. This reflects his respect for the tax payer and the Thai people as a whole. In fact I think it is quite a miserable salary considering the responsibilities that the role entails.

I will not divulge what I earn, but suffice to say I would not get out bed for that pittance.

Well done to the most popular PM in the last decade for not abusing his position to put his "mates" on ridiculous salaries.

Respect for the taxpayer....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He's so popular they don't even need to vote.

• Like 2

On another note it is refreshing that Prayut has set the salary of NLA members at 113 000 a month. This reflects his respect for the tax payer and the Thai people as a whole. In fact I think it is quite a miserable salary considering the responsibilities that the role entails.

I will not divulge what I earn, but suffice to say I would not get out bed for that pittance.

Well done to the most popular PM in the last decade for not abusing his position to put his "mates" on ridiculous salaries.

Respect for the taxpayer....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He's so popular they don't even need to vote.

And that my friend is a discussion that can be discussed on the appropriate thread of which I also have strong views on.

And yes, most members of the US Congress would be out of a job if hiring family members was to be made a crime. But relative to corruption in Thailand, this case is not really worth noting.

Not sure how you figure that as it is specifically illegal under the house ethics committee and the anti-nepotism law.

Below is a condensed version of this topic. For complete guidance please refer to the House Ethics Manual, Chapter 7 on staff rights and duties.

Federal law, at 5 U.S.C. § 3110, generally prohibits a federal official, including a Member of Congress, from appointing, promoting, or recommending for appointment or promotion any “relative” of the official to any agency or department over which the official exercises authority or control. The statute defines a relative, for these purposes, as "an individual who is related to the public official as father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, or half sister."

The law bans the employment only of these specifically named relatives.15 It does not prohibit a Member from employing two individuals who are related to each other but not to the Member. In addition, the 107th Congress amended the Code of Official Conduct (House Rule 23, clause 8©(1)) to prohibit a Member from retaining a spouse in a paid position, and to prohibit a House employee from accepting compensation for work on a committee on which the spouse serves as a member.16

Ethics.house.gov

• Like 1