Thailand tops the world’s happiness survey

webfact

in today's news.. biggest smiles, smallest penises, surely this can't be correlated? biggrin.png

This survey left out Southern Thailand, where Muslim indoctrination has been growing exponentially, and smiles decreasing daily. I was overwhelmed this year during three separate trips to the South (Phuket, Krabi, PhiPhi, Trang), and seeing, AND HEARING, the growing Muslim presence.

General Prayuth should take heed,...because his (and the PDRC's) focus on persecuting the Northern Thai (rural majority) is going to lose them Thailand to a Muslim population that does not like the King.

• Like 2

Bloomberg should look better behind the scene and not come up with statistics that are irrelevant and most peple have no chance to look after the "manipulated" scores and statistics!!

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mHzeIZqN2 should not praise Thailand always without an investigative eye on the facts! Thats not journalism these are "demanded" announcments!!!!!!!!!! for Happyness!

I think that Bloomberg have spoken to Prayuth's spindoctors. They are even better than "Chemical Ali" during the Gulf War.

Prayuth's spindoctor? You suspect the dear leaders unofficial propaganda adviser from the land of broken plates behind it?

I kind of believe this- spend a few hours commuting on the tube in London and you will come across the most miserable, stressed out people possible.

Spend some time in a rural community in Thailand and most seem pretty content. Of course deep down they may be miserable, but the concept of sanuk is alive and well.

• Like 2

"The two factors that make consumers unhappy are inflation and unemployment, and the degree of happiness is calculated and ranked according to what Bloomberg referred to as the “misery index."

The "misery index" calculated for Thailand is so low because the unemployment rate is unrealistically reported to be less than 1%.

If a credible unemployment number were ever developed for Thailand, the so-called "happiness" would plummet.

Here's one way the number is skewed, according to Bloomberg:"If, for instance, you lose your job as a bank teller and return home and lend a hand at your dad's farm for at least one hour a week, you are considered as employed."

I'm assuming that rule applies throughout the economy: Work 1 hour per week = employed.

cheesy.gif

Working 1 hour per week is about all most employed Thais achieve.

• Like 1

in today's news.. biggest smiles, smallest penises, surely this can't be correlated? biggrin.png

This survey left out Southern Thailand, where Muslim indoctrination has been growing exponentially, and smiles decreasing daily. I was overwhelmed this year during three separate trips to the South (Phuket, Krabi, PhiPhi, Trang), and seeing, AND HEARING, the growing Muslim presence.

General Prayuth should take heed,...because his (and the PDRC's) focus on persecuting the Northern Thai (rural majority) is going to lose them Thailand to a Muslim population that does not like the King.

Yes and they stalk vulnerable farangs to bash. On the increase but not being reported as it is bad for tourism !

"The two factors that make consumers unhappy are inflation and unemployment, and the degree of happiness is calculated and ranked according to what Bloomberg referred to as the misery index."

The "misery index" calculated for Thailand is so low because the unemployment rate is unrealistically reported to be less than 1%.

If a credible unemployment number were ever developed for Thailand, the so-called "happiness" would plummet.

Here's one way the number is skewed, according to Bloomberg:"If, for instance, you lose your job as a bank teller and return home and lend a hand at your dad's farm for at least one hour a week, you are considered as employed."

I'm assuming that rule applies throughout the economy: Work 1 hour per week = employed.

cheesy.gif

"The two factors that make consumers unhappy are inflation and unemployment, and the degree of happiness is calculated and ranked according to what Bloomberg referred to as the misery index."

cheesy.gif

There is no safety net in Thailand so work or go hungry. In the UK if you don't want to work you blag your way out of working and the Gummint will take care of you.I think most Thais like Thailand as they have been nowhere else. My wife likes Thailand very big but then she retired when she was 35 yo. She says ATM means After Thai Money.

You must have been in another country then.

In the Thailand I know, most people work at least 8 hours a day.

You mean they are on the job for 8 hours a day (maybe), I am talking about actually getting something done.

Talking on your phone, facebook, games, eating, picking zits, etc., does NOT count.

• Like 1

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Let's Loon Prayut and coup supportes keep in the power.... otherwise People will be unhappy!!! I think the happiness reported above is the outcome of the powerful and witty loon Prayut speach's "returning Happiness"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Homeropec

Quite obvious that nobody has spoken to the Thai's I know, not one of them is happy , matter of fact very unhappy, most are unemployed or in the military , however that's beside the point, they are still not happy, if they could they would travel west at the drop of a hat, stick that in your survey General.coffee1.gif

The survey was conducted by Bloomberg - heard of them have you? Do you think the current PM controls them too?

• Like 1

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Let's Loon Prayut and coup supportes keep in the power.... otherwise People will be unhappy!!! I think the happiness reported above is the outcome of the powerful and witty loon Prayut speach's "returning Happiness"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why don't you read the OP, pay attention to what the survey was about and who conducted it. The you could make an intelligent comment (perhaps, hopefully?).

• Like 1

You must have been in another country then.

In the Thailand I know, most people work at least 8 hours a day.

You mean they are on the job for 8 hours a day (maybe), I am talking about actually getting something done.

Talking on your phone, facebook, games, eating, picking zits, etc., does NOT count.

Go into any mall shop and try and get service. All the big stores have lots of people - all too busy to actually serve you with their chatter, iPhones, make up, hair adjustments and nose picking.

Most places I go seem overstaffed and yet low, very low, productivity. There are exceptions of course, but the majority are sublimely happy at work doing whatever they please, and enjoying teas, coffees, noodles, som tam or whatever whilst boosting their social life.

Sabai Sabai. Most Thais I know look for happiness first in everything - no rush, no hassle, no accountability, no responsibility, no conflict - enjoy life and chill,

Always been like that IME for 25 years.

And who says they're wrong - as Mrs. BB likes to put it, "how many years do you think you've got on this planet, grumpy?" Many Americans and Brits in particular are complete workaholics - no one ever heard wishing they'd spent more time working when talking on their deathbed.

• Like 2