Haze in North eases

webfact

Haze in North eases

5-3-2558-15-40-58-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Hazy condition in most northern cities were eased today with air quality returning to safety range after the wind changed course.

However pollution control authorities are still monitoring the situation as forest fires are still spotted in many areas.

The Pollution Control Department said air quality in most northern provinces are back in the safety range with measurement of concentration levels of particulate matter (PM10) on a 24-hour monitoring at 50-117.

Acting director of Chiang Mai’s Environmental Office Rapeesak Malairungsakul attributed the improved hazy condition to the southwesterly wind which blows pass the border region, thus diluting the thick haze.

However he said that as several northern provinces are still covered by particulates of less than 10 microns, they will be still kept under close monitoring.

In Chiang Mai area, he said authorities detected more than 70 heat spots, mostly in forest reserves as the wind is becoming stagnant, there is trend that haze will return critical again.

Meanwhile haze remains a concern across the Mae Fah Luang and Mae Sai districts of Chiang Rai with local border people continue burning to prepare land for next planting, thus causing the smokes to be blown into the province by wind.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/haze-in-north-eases

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-05

I had a long telephone conversation this morning with a Thai friend who lives in Chiang Mai.

She is absolutely convinced that the smoke and haze comes from Burma. I tried to tell her that Thais were burning the fields too. No way whould she accept this.

Where do these people get their ideas from?

I had a long telephone conversation this morning with a Thai friend who lives in Chiang Mai.

She is absolutely convinced that the smoke and haze comes from Burma. I tried to tell her that Thais were burning the fields too. No way whould she accept this.

Their inbred racism and xenophobia.

No idea. None of the Thai people I know think anything that stupid. There's been a fair amount of posters here on thaivisa stating similar things however. Perhaps Thais in disguise?

No idea. None of the Thai people I know think anything that stupid. There's been a fair amount of posters here on thaivisa stating similar things however. Perhaps Thais in disguise?

When you have the leader of a country telling his people that the reason female tourists get murdered is because they look beautiful in bikinis, it's logical to assume that this pathetic finger pointing at everyone but themselves comes from the top down.

Probably from the wind maps, take a look at the forecast and you'll see that your friend is correct.

http://www.windfinder.com/weather-maps/report/thailand#6/19.456/97.251

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 1

Monitoring for decades, doing nothing forever. All lip service to look good and in the meantime people suffer, die (more heart attacks) economy down, more expenses for people who can afford to flee.

When is this country actually caring for it's people?