German vandals ordered jailed, caned in Singapore

webfact

German vandals ordered jailed, caned in Singapore
AFP

SINGAPORE - A Singapore court on Thursday sentenced two young German men to nine months in prison and three strokes of the cane for spray-painting a metro train in the city-state last year.

Andreas Von Knorre, 22, and Elton Hinz, 21, were sentenced after pleading guilty to vandalism and trespassing. Both asked for mercy before sentencing and called their acts a "stupid mistake".

"The imprisonment sentence in this case will be a total of nine months... and the mandatory minimum of three strokes of the cane,"

Full story: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/german-vandals-ordered-jailed-caned-singapore

-- asiaone 2015-03-05[/b]

As a boy i took canings in school, i made sure most the perps regretted it later in life, one of the teachers realised his mistake a few hours after the incident when he suffered a severe beating administered by my mother.

Interesting. In my school in the US, they did not cane anyone, therefore I was not caned.

But had I been caned, I, too, would have made sure the perpetrators paid for it. I would have hunted them down and taken care of business. No doubt about it.

I would bet all of those in favor of these vandals getting caned have never been caned themselves.

• Like 1

As a boy i took canings in school, i made sure most the perps regretted it later in life, one of the teachers realised his mistake a few hours after the incident when he suffered a severe beating administered by my mother.

Interesting. In my school in the US, they did not cane anyone, therefore I was not caned.

But had I been caned, I, too, would have made sure the perpetrators paid for it. I would have hunted them down and taken care of business. No doubt about it.

I would bet all of those in favor of these vandals getting caned have never been caned themselves.

At this time caning in public schools seemed rife, was obvious many of the teachers or even headmasters enjoyed it even to the point of saliva and foam at the mouth, later in my late twenties i invested considerable time hunting them down...most were still in the education field doing the same, to be fair i used the same weapon as they but made sure it was an experience never to be forgotten..ie they did not walk away.

• Like 2

At this time caning in public schools seemed rife, was obvious many of the teachers or even headmasters enjoyed it even to the point of saliva and foam at the mouth, later in my late twenties i invested considerable time hunting them down...most were still in the education field doing the same, to be fair i used the same weapon as they but made sure it was an experience never to be forgotten..ie they did not walk away.

He was caned at school on numerous occasions by different teachers, but he went back later in life to track them all down and cane them in revenge - is how I read it.

Caning school children is not the same as caning criminals.

I personally don't agree with caning (either), but the fact is, it is in place to deter people from committing criminal acts - people know the risk and its not made a secret.

You run the risk, you pay the price.

I think these two are Donkey's (they would probably agree).

blink.png

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

tingtongfarang, on 05 Mar 2015 - 20:02, said:

It's a shame when parents don't support their children's teachers.

No wonder there are so many reports about unruly and uncontrollable classes.

Teaching our kids is one of the most important fundamental things we need to do and teachers should get all the help an support they can especially from the parents.

sad.png

• Like 2

If Thailand did the same there would be a lot fewer foreign trouble makers here. Sorry no sympathy for these idiots. Your not in Germany anyone.

They simply chose the wrong country to do this kind of thing in.
No sympathy.
They knew the risk

And you would be wrong......

It's a barbaric practice that has no place in modern society, regardless of the "crimes" committed.

I'd put it at the same level as flogging women for infidelity.

Google "Singapore caning" and look for pictures of what it's all about.

what level are you ? a touchy feely wishy washy i wanna feel good about myself type person ? well are you ? with out laws & rules there anarchy. pick your fights better. no laws, no rules, no freedom, no thai visa , no you :-)

3 strokes of the cane is hardly brutal, it's just a symbolic shaming as much as punishment, serves then right, they won't be doing it again will they. It was not a minor offence, breaking and entering as well as the spraying.

You might find caning in Singapore is neither symbolic or the same as the caning kids received at school, in Singapore it is adminitstered with the intention of inflicting as much pain as possible and usually draws blood.

Of course the caning is brutal and I don't condone it. However, that Singaporean laws are draconian is well known and it comes down to the usual adage: don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I haven't been to Europe for many years but the last time I went I was shocked at the graffiti everywhere, I am sure there are many property owners that wished there were laws like that over there.

At this time caning in public schools seemed rife, was obvious many of the teachers or even headmasters enjoyed it even to the point of saliva and foam at the mouth, later in my late twenties i invested considerable time hunting them down...most were still in the education field doing the same, to be fair i used the same weapon as they but made sure it was an experience never to be forgotten..ie they did not walk awa

hahahahaha stop lying on here you belittle yourself ..hunted them down did you..grow up and give us a credible story without the extra tinsel theirs a good boy..

It's a barbaric practice that has no place in modern society, regardless of the "crimes" committed.

I'd put it at the same level as flogging women for infidelity.

Google "Singapore caning" and look for pictures of what it's all about.

Vandalism is certainly not the same as infidelity - vandalism causes physical damage to property.

Many people also have no place in modern society.

Punishment at the level of the people.

Considering the failure of "civilized" punishment - i.e. suspended sentence at worst, but in most cases it doesn't even get to court - it might be interesting to study how effective the caning is as a deterrent and as a prevention of repeat offences.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

tingtongfarang, on 05 Mar 2015 - 20:02, said:

It's a shame when parents don't support their children's teachers.

No wonder there are so many reports about unruly and uncontrollable classes.

Teaching our kids is one of the most important fundamental things we need to do and teachers should get all the help an support they can especially from the parents.

sad.png

Naughty children should be punished, ie punishment exercises, but violence is a big NO NO.

• Like 1